Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

"We will NOT go down"

Not sure what everybody is worried about Mr McN has told us. Also seeing Liverpool against Man City yesterday - we''ll play them off the pitch!

The thing is, anything can happen.   Redmond might be inspired by playing Liverpool and produce one of his best performances.   He has the potential - we all know that.    We  have showed against several clubs this season that on our day we are a match for anyone - and there is still the possibility of Liverpool getting vertigo.    Not trying to get people''s hopes up, but it isn''t over until its over - and we still are better placed in the league than the bottom three.   The Adams effect at his first home game in charge will make for a better atmosphere from the word go next week too.   There is still plenty of  football to go yet this season - the roller coaster hasn''t finished its journey yet...........

[quote user="lake district canary"]The thing is, anything can happen.   Redmond might be inspired by playing Liverpool and produce one of his best performances.   He has the potential - we all know that.    We  have showed against several clubs this season that on our day we are a match for anyone - and there is still the possibility of Liverpool getting vertigo.    Not trying to get people''s hopes up, but it isn''t over until its over - and we still are better placed in the league than the bottom three.   The Adams effect at his first home game in charge will make for a better atmosphere from the word go next week too.   There is still plenty of  football to go yet this season - the roller coaster hasn''t finished its journey yet...........

[/quote]

""We have showed against several clubs this season that on our day we are a match for anyone""

Erm just which clubs were these??? We''ve not played anyone off the park this season. Possibly Spurs but you are clutching at straws with that statement.

The pressure is building on Liverpool, I hope they write us off as a push over as a lot of our spectators seem to be doing.

[quote user="Brightside"][quote user="lake district canary"]The thing is, anything can happen.   Redmond might be inspired by playing Liverpool and produce one of his best performances.   He has the potential - we all know that.    We  have showed against several clubs this season that on our day we are a match for anyone - and there is still the possibility of Liverpool getting vertigo.    Not trying to get people''s hopes up, but it isn''t over until its over - and we still are better placed in the league than the bottom three.   The Adams effect at his first home game in charge will make for a better atmosphere from the word go next week too.   There is still plenty of  football to go yet this season - the roller coaster hasn''t finished its journey yet...........

[/quote]

""We have showed against several clubs this season that on our day we are a match for anyone""

Erm just which clubs were these??? We''ve not played anyone off the park this season. Possibly Spurs but you are clutching at straws with that statement.[/quote]

I didn''t say we played anyone off the park - I said we were a match for anyone - ie equal. If you don''t remember the matches where we gave as good as we got, I think that just goes to show how blinkered people have been about Hughton.  Southampton at homeStoke away.Villa at home (should have won)Chelsea we were very much in the matchCardiff home we were all over themWest Ham home, proved mentally strongSunderland awayManU at homeHull at homeCardiff awayWest Ham awayMan City at homeTottenham at homeSunderland at homeAdmittedly we did not get points from all those games - and we got points elsewhere when we weren''t so good, but to say we haven''t matched other teams - including those at the top is wrong.  There are eleven different teams in that list and some very good performances from our team.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Brightside"][quote user="lake district canary"]The thing is, anything can happen.   Redmond might be inspired by playing Liverpool and produce one of his best performances.   He has the potential - we all know that.    We  have showed against several clubs this season that on our day we are a match for anyone - and there is still the possibility of Liverpool getting vertigo.    Not trying to get people''s hopes up, but it isn''t over until its over - and we still are better placed in the league than the bottom three.   The Adams effect at his first home game in charge will make for a better atmosphere from the word go next week too.   There is still plenty of  football to go yet this season - the roller coaster hasn''t finished its journey yet...........

[/quote]

Erm just which clubs were these??? We''ve not played anyone off the park this season. Possibly Spurs but you are clutching at straws with that statement.[/quote]

I didn''t say we played anyone off the park - I said we were a match for anyone - ie equal. If you don''t remember the matches where we gave as good as we got, I think that just goes to show how blinkered people have been about Hughton.  Southampton at homeStoke away.Villa at home (should have won)Chelsea we were very much in the matchCardiff home we were all over themWest Ham home, proved mentally strongSunderland awayManU at homeHull at homeCardiff awayWest Ham awayMan City at homeTottenham at homeSunderland at homeAdmittedly we did not get points from all those games - and we got points elsewhere when we weren''t so good, but to say we haven''t matched other teams - including those at the top is wrong.  There are eleven different teams in that list and some very good performances from our team.

[/quote]

I would argue that you are the one with the blinkered view. Just look at the table it''s not representative of "on our day we are a match for anyone" Can you honestly say that we''ve given as good as got?

Playing well equates for absolutely nothing if we don''t get the points at the end of the day.

I agree with you that in the next four games anything can happen but based on our form this season and the teams we are playing it''s going to take a complete transformation by the team to achieve the 36 points I believe we will need to survive

[quote user="Brightside"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Brightside"][quote user="lake district canary"]The thing is, anything can happen.   Redmond might be inspired by playing Liverpool and produce one of his best performances.   He has the potential - we all know that.    We  have showed against several clubs this season that on our day we are a match for anyone - and there is still the possibility of Liverpool getting vertigo.    Not trying to get people''s hopes up, but it isn''t over until its over - and we still are better placed in the league than the bottom three.   The Adams effect at his first home game in charge will make for a better atmosphere from the word go next week too.   There is still plenty of  football to go yet this season - the roller coaster hasn''t finished its journey yet...........

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would argue that you are the one with the blinkered view. Just look at the table it''s not representative of "on our day we are a match for anyone" Can you honestly say that we''ve given as good as got?

Playing well equates for absolutely nothing if we don''t get the points at the end of the day.

I agree with you that in the next four games anything can happen but based on our form this season and the teams we are playing it''s going to take a complete transformation by the team to achieve the 36 points I believe we will need to survive[/quote]

The table doesn''t lie, but it doesn''t give the full picture.  How many times have we hit the woodwork in matches this season? It seems a heck of a lot - inches can make the difference between a win and a draw or a draw and a loss.  The margins are so fine.  In the matches I mentioned we were on the balance of play giving a good account of ourselves - ie matching other teams in terms of performance.  Lose some of those matches we did, but we were also very close to getting points in them too.   Fine margins. 

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2014-04-14 12:18 PM:

The thing is, anything can happen. Redmond might be inspired by playing Liverpool and produce one of his best performances. He has the potential - we all know that. We have showed against several clubs this season that on our day we are a match for anyone - and there is still the possibility of Liverpool getting vertigo. Not trying to get people''s hopes up, but it isn''t over until its over - and we still are better placed in the league than the bottom three. The Adams effect at his first home game in charge will make for a better atmosphere from the word go next week too. There is still plenty of football to go yet this season - the roller coaster hasn''t finished its journey yet...........

Not often I agree with you LDC, but good speech. It''s never over till the fat lady sings. I still think we can do four points from these four matches and that will do us.

Can''t remember if Cardiff are playing Saturday but if Fulham lose away to Spurs, that''ll give us a big boost plus a defeat for Swansea (who are only 1 point ahead) and Villa (2) wouldn''t go amiss.

I believe Steven Gerrard genuinely means it when he says we''ll be no pushovers, there will be a certain pressure on them, they know we''ll be right up for it and what''s really telling for me in the nonsense debate as to whether we can get anything out of this game - they were very lucky to get a draw away at Fulham recently, something City supporters should be well aware of... A tough game for sure but I can''t wait, bring it on.

I love this glass half full stuff, and we should never write off our team even with the challenge ahead. So, what about Adams taking a Norwich City side to Stamford Bridge and winning again...........I would love to see that, paricularly after remembering the words of the Chelsea TV pundit last season during the FAYC Final......"Norwich are anti-football" or something like that, when infact we had simply got the tactics and attitude right on the day in a similar way to how their senior team did when they won the Champions Cup.

Anyway, I said at the time when Liverpool played Fulham, that I hope we get this Liverpool when they come to our place.....if we do, then sure there is a chance. BUT...if we get the one from the first half vs Man City...heeeeeeeeelp!!!!