Sign in to follow this  
LostTheFaith

Blame Game

So it was all CH......

Now it could all be the Board........

But our new front men are Rubbish........

All to blame? None to blame ?

I would add to that list our vocal negative so called supporters who from early on in the season spouted there constant condemnation on here, on canary call and at matches in the form of booing. They have certainly had a negative effect on the playing and management staff.

All of the above are not to blame but all of the above have not helped.

The main "reason" we are in this position is money. We are a poor premier league club with poor players. Those players are poor by PL standards and, unlike any other team, we have no stars capable of changing a game on their own. This is down to finances. We are a bottom six club with bottom six players on a bottom six budget.

Until the sacking of CH I was confident we would stay up. Do not get me wrong, I was not happy just content. I am now confident we will go down but I ask you all to re asses your expectations so that they are realistic.

Yes, I think we had the best chance of staying up keeping CH. just my humble opinion.

Saying that, we have a squad of bottom six players where always likely to be where we are one of these seasons. We over performed last year and the year before. To blame only the manager is pointless and incorrect.

Absolute nonsense yet again.
Teams have spent less than us and are doing better. That is down to better signings. Who''s head does that fall on? That''ll be Hughton''s then.
Some of the team''s displays this season have been nothing short of disgusting. No heart, no passion, no fight. That is down to the manager and the players. The booing was a response to the $hit we were served up on the pitch. We pay good money to watch Norwich, when they play like they don''t give a toss, people have every right to boo. Justified, probably not helpful but then if more people had been vocal maybe the board would have swung the axe sooner and we wouldn''t be in such a horrific position.

[quote user="LostTheFaith"]Yes, I think we had the best chance of staying up keeping CH. just my humble opinion.

Saying that, we have a squad of bottom six players where always likely to be where we are one of these seasons. We over performed last year and the year before. To blame only the manager is pointless and incorrect.[/quote]
If you believe this, you''re a fu(king moron.
If you are trolling, then you''re a fu(king moron with a pretty sad life if this is "entertainment" for you.
Either way, you''re boring and a fu(king moron, so just pi$$ off.

He is a troll or just a very sad old man. He constantly changes his arguments to fit his needs. He constantly harps on about everybody having unrealistic expectations but can''t produce evidence of it. It''s quite possible he is either related to Hughton or is one of the 3 departed.

Not a troll and very consistent. Up until recently I was confident we would stay up. Just go back and look at my posts.

Now I think we are gong down. Partly cause CH was outed and partly cause we lost yesterday .

The sad part is that people on here think they are representative of Norwich supporters. They/ we are not. We are the vocal minority banging our noisy drums.

What exactly was it about Hughton''s abysmal record this season that makes you think he''d have kept us up? Is it the record low goals total? The scintillating away form? The fact we''ve only won twice after going behind this season (and we have gone behind ALOT)? The blindingly obvious lack of chances created? The 5 strikers (including Holt) he has destroyed from being bang in form to being Dean Coney''s love children? The defence that is worse than Lambert''s (even though Hughton came in to shore up the defence and stop us leaking goals)? The constant maulings vs the big teams? The air of defeat as soon as we conceded a goal?
What exactly gave you this confidence he would keep us up? We have never been as poor as this. Even under Roeder and Grant the football was better.

Yes, we are a poor side and are made to look poorer at times by other PL teams.

Having supported NCFC since I can remember I have seen a lot worse. And I am over 50.

The PL will always be an awful struggle for us. We have more entertainment In the championship where we are better financially placed to compete than most others.

A yo yo club is not as bad as peeps think. More good years than bad.

[quote user="LostTheFaith"]Yes, we are a poor side and are made to look poorer at times by other PL teams.

Having supported NCFC since I can remember I have seen a lot worse. And I am over 50.

The PL will always be an awful struggle for us. We have more entertainment In the championship where we are better financially placed to compete than most others.

A yo yo club is not as bad as peeps think. More good years than bad.[/quote]
That doesn''t explain what you saw that made you think Hughton could keep us up.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="LostTheFaith"]Yes, we are a poor side and are made to look poorer at times by other PL teams.

A yo yo club is not as bad as peeps think. More good years than bad.[/quote]
That doesn''t explain what you saw that made you think Hughton could keep us up.
[/quote]Historical results against Fulham, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal suggested that we were statistically likely to lose all 5 of those games anyway with our best chance being against Fulham who were actually worse than us despite having the upper hand in recent contests. Hughton''s 5-0 and 3-0 defeats at Craven Cottage suggested that exiling him now may have been enough to avoid defeat yesterday but turned out to still not be enough despite a better performance.The fact that the OP stated that we have a poor squad and no game changing players would suggest it was probably best to get rid of CH before he had another chance to buy in new players as to spend £8.6 million and £6.5m on individual signings and still have no one who can win a game is far more concerning than his rigid tactics and inability to motivate his team. One can only hope we''re in the process of identifying our next manager now. Preferably someone out of a job with Prem and Championship experience with a good record of getting teams in the top 6 after being relegated the year before... Chris Hughton it is then.

Simplistically, things went downhill when Hughton and his cronies turned up (first game 5-0 defeat).The legend that is Holty left as things slid into the mire - stating that he didn''t like the way we played under Hughton (or words to that effect). Most of the pant wetters (as we were once called) thought this would end in tears and it is.With that in mind the blame goes jointly on Hughton and the board. The latter for not making the change earlier.

Carra Rud, so last years 11th place was not good enough for you? I thought it was a very successful year for us with a new manager at the helm. Do you not give CH any credit for that?

For a lot it''s all down to style of football. For me it''s just staying in this league as it''s the toughest in the world.

What on earth did you see in any of our ''must win games'' or indeed any of our games under hughton that would make you believe in a massive diversion from par for the course under hughton. Hughton had taken us to Fulham 2 times I believe and we lost 5-0 and 3-0. Hughton believes in himself, and good for him, so I understand why he believes this magical turnaround would have happened. But as an objective observer, what on earth do you rationalise that on?

In terms of the blame game, hughton will be responsible for the underperformance of the players at his disposal and his choice of sub-optimal tactics. But if we go down I will not blame him, I will blame the board. You cannot look at this relegation with hindsight and say ''oh if only we''d known''. The fundamental flaws and underperformances have been evident for 18 months and a large section of the support have been pointing them out and calling for managerial change for a very long time. It is the board that has ignored this opinion, papered over the cracks and allowed a chronic situation to persist. Hughton should have been sacked before the January transfer window and the humiliating capitulation at Man City gave them the perfect opportunity to do that. They failed to act, and it is that decision which has resulted in this current state of affairs. If we do go down, they are responsible. Hughton did his job to the best of his ability I have no doubt. It was the board who decided by a process of continual assessment that managerial change was not necessary, so it is they who are ultimately responsible.

11th place was the result of a very fortunate set of circumstances. We played ineffective huff and puff football where we were our own worst enemies all season. The opposition didnt have to worry about how to stop us, we did that for them. We limped along all season in very real danger. The fact we got a get out of jail victory against west brom and then played a managerless man city, plus a lot of other results produced the freakish 11th place is the real problem. We survived relegation by the skin of our teeth due to our ineffective football, yet some decided to doublethink our season into beliving we had a comfortable midtable season. We didnt. We limped to the finish line and got very lucky. Well now our luck has run out. 11th place was fine, the story of how we got there was not. The writing has been on the wall since last season, but many have been far too blind to see. Never mind little old Norwich and budgets, this team has some exceptional players who have all underperformed. There is no big mystery as to why

None of our players are exceptional!! What are you on!!!

You are part of the problem my dear friend. Deluded. We have a bottom six squad and a bottom six budget!

As said before, too many deluded fans with unrealistic expectations.

Apologies my dear old thing; but it''s, ''None of our players IS exceptional!!...'' not are.

Suggest you direct your query to the Board. After all the ''bottom six squad'' was augmented to the tune of circa £30m this season and presumably there was some sign off at senior level prior to purchase. Although be warned, McNally isn''t going down by himself and cites that it was the fans who wanted change - got to love that abrogation of responsibility.

Exceptional players cost 20 million plus and even then there are no certainties.

Tel me, which players are exceptional? Redmond has promise but is far from the finished article. Ruddy on his day. But to be exceptional you have to do the brilliant week in week out. We have none of those.

We are a poor PL outfit. We are not bankrolled. You are deluded .

I think that if you read my last post you will find that I am not stating a view that any one particular player is exceptional. I am only pointing out that there was a budget used by CH to buy players.

I also struggle with your rather generalist statements about being a ''poor PL outfit'' and ''not being bankrolled'', as well as your continued use of the word ''deluded''. I fear you''re getting yourself a little confused.

Sorry Ron , thought it was you who posted about having exceptional players.

I have no beef with the board. We are a well run club but financialy we cannot compete and that is something so many are missing.

Foghorn. You have your opinion but I beg to differ!

[quote user="LostTheFaith"]

I have no beef with the board. We are a well run club but financialy we cannot compete and that is something so many are missing.[/quote]

Struggling to compete with who exactly?

Swansea, Palace, Hull, West Brom, Aston Villa, Cardiff, Fulham, West Ham, Southampton, and Sunderland...

There is not a great deal of difference between any of the above sides net spending over the last couple of years.

There are three sides there who have never spent £8.5 million on a player. You have other sides like West Brom, Fulham, Villa and Sunderland desperate to get the wage bill down having sold many of their best players and been left with average ones on big contracts.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="LostTheFaith"]

I have no beef with the board. We are a well run club but financialy we cannot compete and that is something so many are missing.[/quote]

Struggling to compete with who exactly?

Swansea, Palace, Hull, West Brom, Aston Villa, Cardiff, Fulham, West Ham, Southampton, and Sunderland...

There is not a great deal of difference between any of the above sides net spending over the last couple of years.

There are three sides there who have never spent £8.5 million on a player. You have other sides like West Brom, Fulham, Villa and Sunderland desperate to get the wage bill down having sold many of their best players and been left with average ones on big contracts.[/quote]Yes and on the "exceptional" player discussion I think it''s worth pointing out that Christian Benteke only cost Aston Villa £7 million and is a far better player than our £8.5 million signing. Indeed Joe Hart only cost somewhere between 100 and 500k. It is of course difficult finding great players for this money but when spending £8m on a striker the fans shouldn''t be seen as delusional for expecting more than a single goal by mid-April from that player.

Coutihnio only cost 8.5mil - the same as RVW. Its not how much you spend, its what you spend it on. For what its worth, i think we will keep RVW next season if we go down. He was quite clearly a handy striker before he came here, so i would make him play in the championship to claw back some of that value

It depends on your point of view. We do not have any exceptional players if to you exceptional means Suarez, Aguero and Toure. Of course our players are not in that category. What I mean is this current crop of players on talent and ability are arguably the greatest calibre of player we have ever had at this club. They are very talented footballers, they are not journeymen. We know they are capable of a lot more than they have produced this season. On paper a team like ours should not be going down. I would take our squad over most squads in the bottom half. The team we had 9 years ago was a championship side trying to compete. You cannot say the same about our current team. there is plenty of premier league and international experience throughout. Our team has some very talented individuals in it. I think our point of disagreement is that you are comparing our players to those playing at top clubs, whereas I am stating that most of them are far too good to be playing in the championship, thats what I mean by exceptional

Anyone involved in scouting and signing RVW gets my blame... Hard to leave out your record signing even when not playing well, and hoping he''ll eventually come good has left us effectively playing with 10 players for most of the season.

I''m sure he can''t actually be as bad as he''s appeared this season, but he seems to be a Jonah for us...

If the reports of £40,000 a week are to be believed, he''ll end up costing us around £75mill when you factor in his fee, wages and relegation. I''ll be surprised if he''s not up there as one of the all time greatest premier league flops for some years to come... Hooper''s not been great, but at least he''s had a patch of form this season - a similar 3-4 game patch from RVW would have seen us safe already. Guess it''s now or never for that 3-4 game run, if we ever see him on the pitch again.

The squad was no doubt improved but was still one which would always be in or near a relegation battle. Because of this I tolerated Hughton''s tactics which could be argued were realistic as much as they were negative.

But what annoyed me most was that instead of saying something like "We believe we can win every game" Hughton would say "You have to believe you can win every game". Two seasons of that just grated on me, its like he did not believe in his players and distanced himself from them with that type of talk. Which made him seem all the more negative and it was infectious.

Pragmatic or even negative tactics are fine, but for ffs only if you THINK you can win!!! Or else its all pointless!!! It will take a while to regain the uber positive mindset (not necessarily tactics) we all enjoyed before him, if we ever do. Let''s hope so, its certainly what we need, especially our wilted strikers.