Sign in to follow this  
Rob Whites

Are we having a laff?

Yes we are. Whilst Leeds have been a shower of rubbish this season its almost certain that the ex Leeds force will be dropping to the championship next season minus probably Snoddy who will be gone. Time to play Becchio,thats if he still wants to bother with u lot the way he has been treated. He will need to remove his ass splinters first.

Did u really think u could survive with a team full of championship players?

Thanks.

I know Leeds are rubbish. Badly run for many years. Proof is in the pudding with Cellino but his intentions are massive with Leeds.There would be no reason and a waste of money to buy the club and not do a thing with it as its already lost 9m in a year. He wants to.spend big,buy the ground back. Hes already paid millions in wages before his ownership was official on players like Hunt who are purely trash and paid unpaid tax bills from previous owners. I honestly think.Leeds will have a very competative squad next season. You need to keep hold of snoddy. Hes one hell of a player,same as us with Mc Cormack.

Rob Whites.... you are the one wishing ill of four former Leeds players.Why would you be glad to see the Snodgrass, Johnson, Howson and Becchio fail? If it weren''t for them you would probably still be stuck in League One. You don''t see Norwich fans speaking ill of Grant Holt or Chris Martin. We know what you are Rob Whites!!

You have to think of their lack of loyalty at Leeds,especially Becchio and Howson. I dont really care about Johnson.Becchio was loved by the Leeds fans,always started games and his name was always chanted. Apart from the financial aspect which I dont believe is too much more to what he was on, hes gone from hero to zero. Out of the four Snoddy was the only one that was ever going to fit in the prem but at the end of the day im not wanting them to fail,im pointing out (bar Snoddy) the prem was always going to be too big for them. Johnson must pinch himself each morning.

Probably not a response you wanted Rob - but what is the fans view of the new owner?

Like us, being a one club City I am always surprised a rich US or Arabian investor can''t be attracted. The potential is huge, but they always seem to prefer a London club.

Do you think he will run the club well and invest? No offence, but a new ground wouldn''t go amiss.

End of the day no one else has come in for the club. Cellino is right in what he says in the way that Leeds is a big club,a club that is expensive to run and can easily get into millions of debt and also a problematic club,this is why investers dont want to touch it. Fans view on Cellino?.At first they didnt want him near Leeds because of his tax avoidance past of many years ago but that was our initial first impressions of him. Given time,he has sucessfully run a club in Italy for 22yrs,he has a lot of money and his intentions for Leeds seem like a dream. However these intentions need to become a reality. He is interacting with the fans and has quickly got them on his side. I dont know if u heard that 22minute interview with that Leeds fan that was secretly recorded but everything Cellino was saying was true. From Bates being a crook to how the current owners were bad people to how the team were shit and why the likes of Hunt was getting 25k a week when he is rubbish and paying a six figured sum for a lg1 player who cant step up to the championship.

At the end of the day Cellino has to put his money where his mouth is but why would he go to all this trouble of what hes been through already, straightened up the debt of Leeds,already put in millions prior to his official ownership if his intentions werent big and to make us into a very good championship team. No person in their right mind would do that. Leeds will.always lose money in this division.

And yes I agree about the stadium.

What the fan secretly recorded his meeting with him? that''s an abuse of trust isn''t it, or Cellini recorded it?

Anyways hope it all goes well for you.

The fan recorded it. He managed to get his home number and rung him and started asking a load of questions. Cellino opened up to him but didnt know he was being recorded. Actually this was the interview that did him a lot of good in regards to a change of heart from the Leeds fans. Everything he was saying about how the club has been run in the past is what the people have been going on about for years (Bates and GFH era) He was bang on!!

The clip was floating around and was on youtube at some point but may be down now.

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/90229/cellino-interview-leeds-fan?page=1&scrollTo=1506599

Its here in text form,googled it and it was on a Huddersfield site. Probably.no.interest to u but its there anyway.

Thanks For the insight Rob. I hope I''m wrong, but I think I''ll be visiting next season.

Best of Luck for next season.

[quote user="Rob Whites"]The fan recorded it. He managed to get his home number and rung him and started asking a load of questions. Cellino opened up to him but didnt know he was being recorded. Actually this was the interview that did him a lot of good in regards to a change of heart from the Leeds fans. Everything he was saying about how the club has been run in the past is what the people have been going on about for years (Bates and GFH era) He was bang on!!

The clip was floating around and was on youtube at some point but may be down now.[/quote]
That sounds legitimate. Couldn''t possibly have been staged for PR could it? Bloody hell you lot are gullible.
Why exactly are you even on here? We hate Ipswich, we don''t give a f**k about Leeds. Like literally could not give a toss. I will look forward to playing Leeds next year no more than I will look forward to playing Yeovil or Forest.
Go drink your pint of gravy or whatever you northerners do.

"You have to think of their lack of loyalty at Leeds,especially Becchio and Howson"Howson 226 games over 6 seasons, Becchio 221 games over 5 seasons. Do players at Leeds have to sign away their life, promising to be a one club man until they physically can''t kick a ball? Your club needed the £3m you got for Howson, and Warnock didn''t like having Becchio around. Your clubs lack of ambition is at fault, not the players. If the players believed that your club had ambitions to get out of the Championship they would have stayed.

"Out of the four Snoddy was the only one that was ever going to fit in the prem"
Snodgrass + Howson = good enough for this league if playing for a progressive manager (e.g. not Hughton).Johnson = Punching above his weight, but have to admire his energy, Championship player but better than any centre mid you currently have. You played him left midfield, which is a complete joke.  Becchio = Who the f*ck knows what he could have done. Two starts in 15 months since arriving, how on earth does anybody know whether he could have stuck a few in the onion bag?

Same to you. You have a tough run in but u have scraped it before so.who knows. If u do go down I hope the new manager will use Becchio. He is a decent championship player.

If we go down we certainly should use Becchio as an option with someone like Hooper hopefully (if he stays). Part of me would look forward to games against Leeds (I guess part of that is living in York and having plenty of Leeds-supporting friends), but ultimately I''m praying for a miracle and for us to somehow stay up. Let''s just hope it doesn''t all start badly with Spurs vs Fulham on Saturday.

Whatever happens, the club is still here and debt-free and we have the right people in charge. There''s always the chance to bring in Malkay Mackay, big parachute payments, a decent squad, sell-out crowds etc.

Let''s see what lady luck has in store first..