Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Is that the last we'll see of Ricky van Dogsdick?

If anyone has fallen short of expectations more in the entire history of football, i''d be stunned. I''m embarrased to have his name on my shirt and think I might take it off in summer. What an absolutely poor excuse of a footballer. That clueless pass to nobody in the first half when well positioned summed him up. I''m sure he''s a lovely chap to have a beer with but he has badly let us and himself down with his appearances for us. I think today might be the end for him. Get him shifted in summer.

I can''t see him starting again this season. Get Becchio and Bennet in the squad again next week and we''ll have some players who have hit the net recently.

His name will forever be etched in history alongside fellow Premier League flops such as Steve Marlet, Massimo Taibi, Corrado Grabbi and Bosko Balaban.What a disappointment. I know we perhaps expected a bit too much when he signed, but we at least expected something.I wonder whether he would score goals in the Championship....?

What would we realistically get for him? £3 million tops? He will never play in the PL again that much looks certain. Maybe he will get the goal against Arsenal that keeps up!

goals to game ratio put Dean Coney and Dave Strihavka ahead of him...

Good bye Ricky.. I wish I could say you''d be missed....

[quote user="JF"]What would we realistically get for him? £3 million tops? He will never play in the PL again that much looks certain. Maybe he will get the goal against Arsenal that keeps up![/quote]

We will do well to get that. Has to be the biggest disappointment in the club''s history.

He missed so many opportunities that his confidence was shot to pieces. Perhaps just taking one or two of those opportunities might have changed things, but it was his attitude that upset me most, poor. So much promise, so little return. He is half the reason why Hughton is where he is today. Terrible acquisition.That is Hughtons fault. As well as McNaalys.

throwing his shirt then throwing a bottle to the floor is childish and shows a lack of respect to Adams... I would think Ricky will be off in the summer.

After that lay off in the box to the invisible man today, I am convinced we actually signed RVW''s twin brother who is a plumber.

I often think to myself, if only Snoddy hadn''t taken that penalty opportunity away from him back in September against Villa. Ricky was still probably feeling pretty confident that early in the season, so if he strokes that in and gets that second Premier League goal so soon after his first, he possibly kicks on from there and we see the real RVW we thought we had.We''ll never know how it would''ve panned out I guess.

[quote user="thas a rummun"]I often think to myself, if only Snoddy hadn''t taken that penalty opportunity away from him back in September against Villa. Ricky was still probably feeling pretty confident that early in the season, so if he strokes that in and gets that second Premier League goal so soon after his first, he possibly kicks on from there and we see the real RVW we thought we had.We''ll never know how it would''ve panned out I guess.[/quote]

I honestly think he''d have skied it... Snoddy missed too so all academic.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]After that lay off in the box to the invisible man today, I am convinced we actually signed RVW''s twin brother who is a plumber.[/quote]We got the twin brother who is a blind postman - i.e. NEVER DELIVERS.

[quote user="thas a rummun"]I often think to myself, if only Snoddy hadn''t taken that penalty opportunity away from him back in September against Villa. Ricky was still probably feeling pretty confident that early in the season, so if he strokes that in and gets that second Premier League goal so soon after his first, he possibly kicks on from there and we see the real RVW we thought we had.We''ll never know how it would''ve panned out I guess.[/quote]

Very good point. Hitting the strings breeds confidence. I hated Snodgrass that day. Why did Hughton not have a designated penalty taker? It''s basic football, and a massive indication as to Hughton''s football thought procees

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="thas a rummun"]I often think to myself, if only Snoddy hadn''t taken that penalty opportunity away from him back in September against Villa. Ricky was still probably feeling pretty confident that early in the season, so if he strokes that in and gets that second Premier League goal so soon after his first, he possibly kicks on from there and we see the real RVW we thought we had.We''ll never know how it would''ve panned out I guess.[/quote]

Very good point. Hitting the strings breeds confidence. I hated Snodgrass that day. Why did Hughton not have a designated penalty taker? It''s basic football, and a massive indication as to Hughton''s football thought procees[/quote]

many teams dont... I guess it comes down to whoever fancies it.. but if a player wrestles the ball off another surely the Captain should pull rank?

I thought it came out after the game that RVW was in fact meant to be the penalty taker, but Snoddy ignored that and just took it upon himself to take the kick?

[quote user="thas a rummun"]I thought it came out after the game that RVW was in fact meant to be the penalty taker, but Snoddy ignored that and just took it upon himself to take the kick?[/quote]

you may well be right.. in which case why didn''t the captain pull rank!!??? tell snoddy to do one and give the ball to ricky?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="thas a rummun"]I often think to myself, if only Snoddy hadn''t taken that penalty opportunity away from him back in September against Villa. Ricky was still probably feeling pretty confident that early in the season, so if he strokes that in and gets that second Premier League goal so soon after his first, he possibly kicks on from there and we see the real RVW we thought we had.We''ll never know how it would''ve panned out I guess.[/quote]

Very good point. Hitting the strings breeds confidence. I hated Snodgrass that day. Why did Hughton not have a designated penalty taker? It''s basic football, and a massive indication as to Hughton''s football thought procees[/quote]

many teams dont... I guess it comes down to whoever fancies it.. but if a player wrestles the ball off another surely the Captain should pull rank?[/quote]

The captain doesn''t pull rank with penalties, the manager does. Hughton admitted this post game.

I do not remember ever seeing a Norwich City footballer so lacking in confidence as RVW.

I feel extremely sorry for the man . It must be hell for him as he began with so much enthusiasm. Perhaps we expected more, but he gives effort.

Isn''t this the second time this season that Stockdale has made a wonder save to deny him a goal?

Both him and Hoops will have a field day in the Chumps, but it might not come to that.

RVW as had plenty of chances to shine but today was the final straw. The worst signing in the history of the club. I bet Dean Coney is rejoicing - RVW is easily 5hitter without question (and thats saying something).Resale value: £200-300K, League 1 material.

I can understand how a forward can struggle to score goals at this level, especially in our team. What I can''t understand is that when he is on the ball in build up play he looks uncomfortable on it. Will be interesting to see where his career goes after here but if we go down I doubt he will kick a ball in a top European league again.

he''s not a plumber, he''s a melkboer. :)

Seriously though, I''ve wanted to like RvW and have watched many performances this season when he doesn''t look championship class, let alone Dutch international class and still supported him, but today took the biscuit. Our fans (not me) were ironically cheering when he made a pass to one of our players. Adams should have started with Hoops to hopefully make the ball stick more upfront...I''d also say he shouldn''t have switched BOTH centre backs, not that they they didnt do enough but the fact that Whittaker looked out of match fitness and Olsson/Bass/Turner/RMart would have been the safest option. hay ho.

thats the thing spence, hay ho isn''t really good enough. People say today; ''oh you can''t criticise neil adams'' - surely you can a bit. He put Redmond up front, started Ricky who couldn''t hit a barn door, played johnson instead of tettey, played whittaker. Thats not a team thats gonna win you a key game