Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Paul Lambert return?

This happened yesterday:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPN7VSAO3vkThose are Villa away fans, that is a mutiny. He won''t survive that level of fan pressure.When he gets sacked at the end of this season he will probably need to get a job in the Championship or with Celtic if Lennon leaves, his stock has fallen somewhat it seems. Norwich and Sunderland will probably be the most attractive jobs out there for sacked lower table EPL managers. Two years ago he was held in similar esteem to Brendan Rodgers, how quickly things change. It seems now that he is held in high esteem in Norfolk, and in Glasgow, and in Dortmund, and nowhere else.So what could previously have been thought unthinkable must surely be considered a possibility? McNally and Lambert may have fallen out, but with one now fighting to save his own job, and the other going to be fighting to save his managerial reputation before he becomes just another also ran, maybe we could be a match made in heaven?Summary: Watch the video, Lambert is f*cked.

[quote user="Juggy"]This happened yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPN7VSAO3vk

Those are Villa away fans, that is a mutiny. He won''t survive that level of fan pressure.

When he gets sacked at the end of this season he will probably need to get a job in the Championship or with Celtic if Lennon leaves, his stock has fallen somewhat it seems. Norwich and Sunderland will probably be the most attractive jobs out there for sacked lower table EPL managers.

Two years ago he was held in similar esteem to Brendan Rodgers, how quickly things change. It seems now that he is held in high esteem in Norfolk, and in Glasgow, and in Dortmund, and nowhere else.

So what could previously have been thought unthinkable must surely be considered a possibility? McNally and Lambert may have fallen out, but with one now fighting to save his own job, and the other going to be fighting to save his managerial reputation before he becomes just another also ran, maybe we could be a match made in heaven?

Summary: Watch the video, Lambert is f*cked.

[/quote]

PL will return to Norwich the day the Devil skates to work...

Tell me why?Because we have a board member that he doesn''t get on with?Some would say that is easily solved.

I reckon lambert think he has too much pride to return if (and that a big if) he was sacked, which personally don''t think he will be, (but i don''t know obviously...i suppose nothings impossible)

Villa fans moaning? Who would have thought.

I looked at the post, don''t get what you are saying though.Steve Bruce has an EPL job.How does admiring Hull''s manager help us in any way?

Its a difficult one. If villa do sack him at the end of the season (like i say thats a big if). I wouldn''t actually be totally against the idea, hypothetically, of having him back here. Would it be a step back, who knows. When a manger goes back to a former club, it rarely works out, but I think because he''s a good manager and brought in a lot of the players that we have here, it probably would work.

I can''t see it happening in a million years though

The chances of his repeating the previous triumphs are vanishingly small. A unique set of circumstances contrived to give us a marvellous few seasons, of which he was a part ( a major part, but not the only one). His record at Villa does not suggest outstanding ability.

And, besides, I don''t think he''d ever want to come back.

I would laugh my bollocks off if they sacked him and got Hughton! Please let that happen.

If villa were to sack lambert, he wouldn''t get a premier league job immediately i wouldn''t have thought, he would have to drop down to the championship or go to somewhere else. The more I think about if lambert did get the sack at the end of the season (he won''t, but what if), where would he go? All he wants to do is use clubs to get where he wants to go, and that is to the top. He''s one of the most ambitious managers around and will look at what clubs can offer him. If he were to get he sack, he would want a club he knows he can progress in. The chances of him getting the sack are very slim though

Depends on the league we''re in next season. He''d be a good option to get us promoted from the Championship and maybe for the first season back up, but any longer than that and we''d hit the limits of relying on headed goals.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]if we go down I would be amazed if our manager is anyone other than MacKay, if through some miracle we were to stay up....I wouldnt rule anyone in or out ,Lambert included[/quote]
This. MacKay is a Norwich legend with a good reputation as a Championship coach, he''s also currently unemployed. He is by far the most logical decision.

Alas, the good ship Lambert sailed long ago and I can''t see it ever re-docking at Port Carrow Road. [:''(]

Would love to see him return, but he''s made it clear that he''s a very ambitious man - so where that to happen it wouldn''t be long term. And arguments etc. aside McNally wouldn''t be looking to appoint someone if i wasn''t right in terms of stability.

However, if he did get the boot, and we got relegated and fans turned on McNally to the point where he got the boot - then this could indeed become a reality.

But hand on heart, i would rather be supporting a club ran by McNally than managed by Lambert, i love them both, but it''s with McNally that i truly trust in doing the best for us as a club and business.

Lambert could possibly be managing in the Championship next season - but with Aston Villa hopefully ;)

Had we won at Villa Park after being in that great position and playing well until the botom fell out, then it would be Villa bricking it right now.

Anyway, he was certainly a bih part of three great years, but its over and I for one genuinely do not want to see him come back after the utter disrespect he has shown our club since leaving......hero to zero in my book.    

FFS, will never happen and I for one am glad about that. Did well in his time with us - just as we did well for him. The way he left and the way he has behaved since have spoilt most Norwich fans'' memories of him and I think he has shown his true colours. A nasty man, with few friends, dull as dishwater and very very selfish. Thanks for the 2 promotions, but a Norwich legend - no, need more about you to be one of those.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]It is now just a matter of time before the second coming mark my words[/quote]

Too much info Waveney, we already know you love him. Anyway, he''s not done anything of note at Villa Park over the last 2 seasons so if he did return I could see it being a repeat of Mike Walker all over again. He done great for us though Lambert, just great

Just out of interest, when CH was sacked did he have more points than PL since the start of last season?My guess is CH = 76 points                     PL = 75 points.Is that correct? And if so how the feck is PL still in a job? [:D]

Don''t think the players would be too keen on him coming back, no gloves in training or during matches, fines for extra training with head phones on and many others.

There is a well used phrase that applies to lambert - never go back, and I''m sure it goes both ways. There''s little chance of it happening, and imo little chance of a repeat of the success if it did; nor is he exactly working out stunningly at villa.

If the worst does happen, for me the ideal guy is Malky and it is a bit of a no brainer.

quote user="Waveney Canary"]It is now just a matter of time before the second coming mark my words[/quote

Second one you say Waveney?

Let me give you some life advice me ol'' booty.

They get better and better, and there''s no need to be counting them, but perhaps it''s understandable to someone like yourself.