Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

OT - Congratulations Rickyyyyyyyyy

just like to point out Nick Aldous is also TNA Champion in USA, Two Norfolk people at the top of the profession, both trained by WAW My company Norwich is on the world map.

[quote user="splutcho"]It''s scripted, but they''re still top athletes and you still have to be among the best in your field to get pushed to the top like that.[/quote]

Most of them get to the top through the use of steroids.

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]

Most of them get to the top through the use of steroids.[/quote]

Steroid abuse peaked in the 80''s and 90''s and has been steadily decreasing since then. The WWE has recently taken a very harsh stance against steroid use, although it is undeniable there are still some users.

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"][quote user="splutcho"]It''s scripted, but they''re still top athletes and you still have to be among the best in your field to get pushed to the top like that.[/quote] Most of them get to the top through the use of steroids.[/quote]

few do.. and those that do (like Chris Benoit) suffer the consequences...

Read Mick Foleys book... a Fat man with no talent made it to the top... hope for all of us!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"][quote user="splutcho"]It''s scripted, but they''re still top athletes and you still have to be among the best in your field to get pushed to the top like that.[/quote] Most of them get to the top through the use of steroids.[/quote]

few do.. and those that do (like Chris Benoit) suffer the consequences...

Read Mick Foleys book... a Fat man with no talent made it to the top... hope for all of us!

[/quote]
He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!

Even when you get a Norwich girl makes good story on here, you still get the muppets running on BS About something they know nout about, if you are not interested fine but dont make yourselves look like strawbs. Wrestling is a billion pound industry they must be doing something right. lets be honest this coming from people going to carrow road every game watching men pretending to be premier league footballers now they really are fakes.

Totally agree with the first bit Ricky. But why did you have to go and spoil it all be saying something stupid like the second bit[:^)][8]

Genuine congrats to you all[Y]

its true though NN They are supposed to be prem players yet too many times this season they have been awful, Yea Hughton takes the blame, the buck stops with him, rightly so, but how many of our players can look in the mirror and say they have been at their best this season.

The players have got away with a fair bit but IMO the whole point of the change is to give the place a lift. The basis for your attack was revenge because some posters had annoyed you with their comments about wrestlig.

Have a good week ''til next week[;)]

the actual attack was on the word fake, you can take it in many ways. Plus the steroids link, every Sport and entertainment industry have this problem its not just wrestling. I am City through and through but some of the players down there atm are not premier class and some not even trying imo and the board should have been sacked Hughton months ago this is their excuse to bring in a cheap manager..

[quote user="ricky knight"]Even when you get a Norwich girl makes good story on here, you still get the muppets running on BS [/quote]its standard british mentality (maybe its just Norfolk), quite often people dont always like to see others have success, whether its a small or large amount theres always the bitter element which feel the need to have a dig,  especially if theres money involved, usually its because they dont have fckkk all going for themselves

good luck to her

It''s weird that these days. Generally speaking, celebs who are celebs just for the sake of it get fawned over. People who get somewhere with a bit of sweat and work get bashed.

I watch NXT every week so have seen all of Paige''s matches (plus FCW before that), culminating in the two quality contests with Emma in the final of the Championship tournament as well as the Arrival event, which put what we see on Raw/SD from a number of the other female performers to shame. So pleased she''s being pushed so much. Paige has been more over with the crowd than the majority of the guys on the NXT roster for at least a year, and the reaction to her debut on Monday night was incredible. I can only think of Kharma in the women''s division getting anything near that in recent years.Hopefully Monday was the dawning of an exciting feud between Paige and AJ, which could (and should) last several months. I expect we may see AJ get her rematch at Extreme Rules, which will hopefully be given the time on the card it deserves.Proud to see someone from our city doing so well so soon on such a stage.

While I congratulate Paige on getting to the top of her profession I must take exception to your City through and through comment. Unless wearing an Arsenal shirt on tv doesn''t count.

Clueless, pal. The man''s a true City legend. If they ever do put up a statue outside the ground to Norwich''s finest sons it should be of him, BP, CD and co. successfully protecting the ground and us young''uns from all them marauding Mancs, Brummies and Cockerneys back in the day.

Paddy, only signed up to offer my congratulations to yourself and the family chap. Nice one.

Congrats Ricky and Paige....I watched the original program and the girl has done good from her norfolk roots (she definitely has lost our accent, interesting hearing a norwich/american accent :)

Hows your boy getting on Ricky?

[quote user="im spartacus"] i certainly wouldn''t mind 2 falls and a submission [;)] the knockout would be if ricky got hold of me [:D][/quote]

My money''s on he''d roll that bowling ball between your cream crackers.

Of course steroid use is common in pro wrestling. Nobody looks like John Cena or Dave Batista just by lifting weights and eating veggies.

The WWE drug testing is done with plenty of warning, a wink and a nod, and plenty of second and third chances.

Almost all the bad press about steroids is pop culture based pseudo-science.

What wrestlers abuse that can cause real problems are pain killers. All that crashing and smashing night after night takes a lot out of you.

If you wanna know what makes a great wrestler, watch the South Park episode about it. Hilarious but poignant.

Congratulations to Paige and the Knight family. She is definitely going to be one of the top female wrestlers in the next 10 years, in an area of WWE which needs some new development, Paige will certainly bring this from what I''ve seen. It''s great to see Norwich represented and with Magnus as TNA Champion too, great times long may they continue!

People who don''t watch wrestling but express their opinion on it usually just don''t ''get it''.

Leeds Canary you obviously making a judgement on one scene of a tv doc, anyone who knows me, know i am Norwich through and through and i have answered the Arsenal chestnut many times, i also have many other footy shirts, also American football shirts but i dont support them teams either, i have a soft spot for Arsenal as i was brought up in London Colney opposite their training ground but City are my team and always will be and when we play Arsenal i hope we hammer them. I supported city home and away for many years but my wrestling career and of late managing local sides on a saturday has stopped me attending matches.

I just hope they don''t end up sticking her in 4 minute long slap and hair pulling fests, like they do the rest. The Final of the NXT Womens Championship tournament against Emma was exactly how womens wrestling should be, was an awesome match.

[quote user="splutcho"]I just hope they don''t end up sticking her in 4 minute long slap and hair pulling fests, like they do the rest. The Final of the NXT Womens Championship tournament against Emma was exactly how womens wrestling should be, was an awesome match.[/quote]

I agree was a great match buddy.