Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

OT - Congratulations Rickyyyyyyyyy

Err it''s fake isn''t it? So was she scripted in to win or what? If it was UFC, then i''d understand but has she actually achieved something? Pretty cool being a WWE superstar and all that but is she just a really good actress/ pretty fit so they wanted to script her in as champion or is there some genuine fighting skill involved?

It''s scripted, but they''re still top athletes and you still have to be among the best in your field to get pushed to the top like that.

Of course there is genuine fighting skill Jimmy.

Of course they can script it to make whoever they want to be champion, but the fans know who the decent wrestlers are, many never make it to the top and fill in lesser matches, sometimes even against the ones the company want to be top dog to make them look better.

It''s a huge achievement for her. I went to school with her too!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Of course there is genuine fighting skill Jimmy.

Of course they can script it to make whoever they want to be champion, but the fans know who the decent wrestlers are, many never make it to the top and fill in lesser matches, sometimes even against the ones the company want to be top dog to make them look better.

It''s a huge achievement for her. I went to school with her too![/quote]

Did she get in many fights in school? :-D

Ah, I foolishly went on to ''non-football'' to see if there was any threads on this!Huge congrats to Saraya-Jade, and to Ricky and family for their years of support and training. It takes some serious metal to enter the shark-infested waters of the US wrestling scene.She''s a huge talent and has got a massive career ahead of her.Good stuff! [Y]

is it a sport though? Its called a sport but not sure if it is. You have to be fit and know all the moves but theres no competition in it

And Houston, I think it was about three years ago she left.

She sounded different to how I remember her, so some of it could be put on. But she never had a big Norfolk accent from what I remember, but then again most from Norwich don''t.

Well done to the young lady for making it big Stateside. But that wrestling really is a croc of sh it.

Isn''t that what forums are for? To voice an opinion either way.

Disclaimer......

My above post in no way reflects Splutcho''s opinion of American wrestling.

There you go.

There wasn''t much of any British accent, like it had faded significantly.

As for those pointing out that it''s scripted, what''s the deal with Santa Claus? Wait, no don''t tell me! I''m covering my ears and singing la la la la la I can''t hear you la la la la

[quote user="splutcho"]Sports entertainment is what they call it, which is about right.[/quote]
I look at it as Sports Theatre  (just my point of view of course)
You can go to a theatre to watch a play or ballet people wouldn''t moan it was''nt real. Even if you went to see a  stand up comedian, you wouldn''t get people shouting out, ''oh **** off those stories and jokes you''re telling, you''re making them up''.

Well chuffed for her and all of the knight family, love what they put on locally and around the holiday camps.

Pity they can''t quite get a show running themselves on tv.

Was a little disappointed in how she won it, in that it was quite an empty victory, but so proud that the decision was made for her to take the belt after almost 300 days in the hands of AJ.

Trouble is, the woman''s division is weak as hell and there seems to be more interest in the spin-off shows on WWE Network than the actual fighting, Paige (Saraya Jade) and her mum used to have some right old ding dongs over here, they were great to watch, and she''s so much better in that gritty kind of scenario. They''ll set her up as a Barbie slayer in the WWE and that''s going to get old too quick i fear.

For me AJ was at her best stuck in the middle of Ziggler, Cena, Langston and Bryan - if Paige could get something like that going it would be good, right now she''s hit the top out of the blue, and really.. if she was to hold on to it, there''s no where she can go with it. It''s really frustrating that they''ve done this actually, but equally as great for her to claim it on a night with so much going on, legends aplenty etc.

And if anyone thinks it''s not deserved, or they don''t ''get it'', because it''s ''faked'' - I''m sure the family would welcome you to go visit them up at the Gym in the city and try out a few of the moves! ;)

These are genuine athletes who work hard, and if they hit the top have massively busy schedules.

Good luck to them all

Just because I don''t like/believe/insert word all this WWE stuff, doesn''t mean that the girl can''t make a decent living out of it.

There are plenty of her compatriots from school who are currently working in an office/supermarket etc or not even working at all, and yet people are prepared to pay her, at 21, to travel to America and entertain thousands of people. Well done her.

You could stretch this to our very own football. As fans, we pay to be entertained and use football as part of our ''social'' life, because, as we all know (!) it isn''t life or death here, it''s 22 men being paid obscene amounts of money to kick a bag of wind into a certain space on a field.

You pays your money..........

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]

''get it'', because it''s ''faked'' - I''m sure the family would welcome you to go visit them up at the Gym in the city and try out a few of the moves! ;)[/quote]

This is so true. Yes, professional wrestling endings are pre-determined, but the pain that you can go through in a match is very real. Look at Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30. He was concussed so severely he collapsed after his match with Lesnar. Look at Foley who because of the multiple injuries suffered during his career can''t even put on his own shoes. Professional wrestlers put their bodies on the line whenever they perform and, IMO, they deserve respect for that if nothing else.

haven''t watched "wrasslin!" in years but very proud to see Saraya-Jade make it to the top...

The announcers even made reference to "Norwich, england".. i''ll be taking more of an interest now... wonder if she can get any yellow and green into her costume?

Massive effort required to make it to the top of any profession.. read Mick Foley''s autobiography and there''s a load of sacrifices to make to even get to the top! wrestling at high schools for 10 dollars a week and living in a car in an attempt to " make it"

Thanks guys i am mega proud of my daughter as i know the sacrifices she has made to get to the top of this profession. People who say its fake and run on dont know what they are on about, the pain, the injuries are very real and very often. Stunt men in films are not really dying in the car crash or falling off roofs, but the danger is very real in the name of entertainment. i have played football, boxed, American football, rugby and had more injuries in wrestling than any other sport/entertainment, ask mickey O''Rourke who made the movie The Wrestler how tough it is. The point of my daughters story is she has worked her way from a council house to the top of a billion dollar industry, fake or not,If she was in a hollywood film would there be detractors of course not. thanks for all the positives anyway guys

[quote user="ricky knight"]Thanks guys i am mega proud of my daughter as i know the sacrifices she has made to get to the top of this profession. People who say its fake and run on dont know what they are on about, the pain, the injuries are very real and very often. Stunt men in films are not really dying in the car crash or falling off roofs, but the danger is very real in the name of entertainment. i have played football, boxed, American football, rugby and had more injuries in wrestling than any other sport/entertainment, ask mickey O''Rourke who made the movie The Wrestler how tough it is. The point of my daughters story is she has worked her way from a council house to the top of a billion dollar industry, fake or not,If she was in a hollywood film would there be detractors of course not. thanks for all the positives anyway guys[/quote]

Nice work Ricky! I saw your wreslting company at costessy Fete a few years ago... enterntaining stuff. Not sure if you were there.. would have come and said hello.

Congratulations again... just watch out for that Mr McMahon..... we all know how he runs his ship....(I was a massive Brett Hart fan as a kid...)

Reckon she can get an NCFC reference out to the world?