Sign in to follow this  
he

- Now we go to Norwich and do it again

Steven Gerrard''s message to his teammates after their game against Man City last weekend..

Not sure where you''re going with this, but is there something else you expected him to say?

You are absolutely right, he. That is pretty intimidating of them to be immediately lasar-focused on their next task at hand mere seconds after winning such a huge game.

Gerrard also said the hardest game they would have in their run in would be at Norwich.

If Sunday is anything to go by, they''ll come out of the blocks at 100mph......

Norwich need to be ready and well prepared.

I don''t think we''ll be seeing a ''laid-back'' Bassong in the centre of defence, that''s for sure......Adams will need to selects his quickest defenders of thought and foot......

With respect, I think Gerrard meant it in the context of the ''next game/one game at a time'' mantra. After Sunday, he isn''t going to say ''Phew it''s all plain sailing from here on in, now we''ve got Norwich out of the way''.

Having had Citeh, before, and Chelsea after us, their minds might be slightly not 100% on us, but that may be a small straw to clutch, but stranger things have happened.

What do you expect him to say? "Little old Norwich next, so we can take our foot off the pedal"?!

[quote user="unique"]If Sunday is anything to go by, they''ll come out of the blocks at 100mph......

I don''t think we''ll be seeing a ''laid-back'' Bassong in the centre of defence, that''s for sure......Adams will need to selects his quickest defenders of thought and foot......[/quote]

Well f*** them Pablo, it''s us that''ll be coming out of the blocks at 100mph - the arrogance from their fans and ever so slightly Rodgers and Gerrard too, that THEY''RE deciding what''s happening in our front yard Sunday, I think it''s time our boys gave them a bit of the ''Fancy A Game Lads?'' treatment, we won''t be rolling over for NO ONE so if they and their supporters turn up thinking the 3 points is a formality and we ''re a stepping stone for Chelsea then I hope we make them pay spectacularly, I''ve made the mistake of reading a couple of Liverpool forums and their supporters are not confident, they''re plain ARROGANT. So much so that most have bypassed the Norwich game for discussion as if we don''t even exist and are talking already concentrating on what appears to be their next match - Chelsea!

I actually really wanted Liverpool to win the title out of the 3 chasing, see Steven Gerrard pick up a first League winners medal - but not anymore, I find them pretty disrespectful - hopefully on Sunday they''ll be playing a team who are free of the Hughton shackles and are ready to show them they ARE Premier League players. OTBC

Gerard''s comments mean little or nothing to us.

It''s standard ''Captain-speak'' the type of which he''s been delivering since he was a kid in the playground.

Even when you focus on repeating success, there will usually be one or two team members who subconsciously have a moment of doubt. I just hope here at Norwich we have fewer of that type in our ranks!

The margins are fine - and as always, they are first played out in the head; RVW is proof of that. He''d benefit from a mind-shift equivalent of Ex-Lax!

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="unique"]If Sunday is anything to go by, they''ll come out of the blocks at 100mph......

I don''t think we''ll be seeing a ''laid-back'' Bassong in the centre of defence, that''s for sure......Adams will need to selects his quickest defenders of thought and foot......[/quote]

Well f*** them Pablo, it''s us that''ll be coming out of the blocks at 100mph - the arrogance from their fans and ever so slightly Rodgers and Gerrard too, that THEY''RE deciding what''s happening in our front yard Sunday, I think it''s time our boys gave them a bit of the ''Fancy A Game Lads?'' treatment, we won''t be rolling over for NO ONE so if they and their supporters turn up thinking the 3 points is a formality and we ''re a stepping stone for Chelsea then I hope we make them pay spectacularly, I''ve made the mistake of reading a couple of Liverpool forums and their supporters are not confident, they''re plain ARROGANT. So much so that most have bypassed the Norwich game for discussion as if we don''t even exist and are talking already concentrating on what appears to be their next match - Chelsea!

I actually really wanted Liverpool to win the title out of the 3 chasing, see Steven Gerrard pick up a first League winners medal - but not anymore, I find them pretty disrespectful - hopefully on Sunday they''ll be playing a team who are free of the Hughton shackles and are ready to show them they ARE Premier League players. OTBC[/quote]

Nice one.

I would like to see them win it this year, but not if it means they have to beat us.

Anyway, if they do, that means I can go back to hating them again next year.

apparently we''re like Milan

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9266310/premier-league-liverpools-steven-gerrard-stresses-importance-of-norwich-game

who would''ve thought

[quote user="mrs miggins"]apparently we''re like Milan

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9266310/premier-league-liverpools-steven-gerrard-stresses-importance-of-norwich-game

who would''ve thought[/quote]"We have to forget what colour their kit is and the personnel wearing it and treat them as the best players in the world."And it''s not Istanbul, it''s not a champions league final, it''s a different time of day..........Other that that, it''s EXACTLY the same! [:D]

[quote user="Surfer"]Gerrard also said the hardest game they would have in their run in would be at Norwich.[/quote]

And they have Chelsea the following game.  Do you think his nose got a bit longer when he made that comment ?