Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Just a ?

Who on this forum thinks we could be playing ipswich next season,either in the prem or in the championship.As of this moment they are tied for a playoff position, so will we be playing them next season

It is a possibility, either way.   The worst scenario of course is if  we go down and they go up.  However, if by some chance we are playing them next season, in whichever division, it does give the season added spice - and of course it should give  us six points in the process, which gives us an added bonus.................

They are not nearly good enough and rely on the McCarthy ethic of hard work and cohesion. He''s a decent manager at that level but I wouldn''t want him here as I view him as another version of the Hoots, different character but basically the same approach to football.

They have a decent little spell against a few minnows in the league but once they come up against the better boys they inevitably fall short.

I feel we have more chance of staying up than they have of coming up. Just.

If Fulham go down and we stay up, and Ipswich get promoted then effectively we''d be 12 points better off next season.