Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

The loan players

Elmander, Gutierrez and Yobo - have we seen the least of them this season (barring catastrophic injury), or do we expect to see them play a part? Cutting them out of the Fulham squad looked like a case of questioning their commitment and putting the future of the club in the hands of our own players. If a point was being made, was it just for that game or is that it for the season now?

A point was being made as with the absence of Basong IMO.

All these sorts of jestures would have been fine by Neil if we had won, now however I think we may see a bit of back peddling.

GMD,

I believe Yobo had an injury, which would explain his ommission.

Although putting it in the hands of those who will potentially be here next year may not be a bad thing.

Has anybody any idea why Hughton wasted good money bringing Jonas here? To a certain extent Elmander has been useful, marginally and I would like Yobo to stay on, but at the end of the day too many loan players in a team can never be a good thing  unless they are a Messi. There always has to be a reason why the parent club loaned them out for a start.

We have had a couple of useful loanees in the past, but by and large it is an expensive way to fail. 

I first posted this after the Stoke game. Most of our players are on divisional pay. Relegation would trigger clauses in their contracts dropping their wages to championship level. Now I know that compared to most of us that championship level is the stuff of dreams but not to them. Nobody likes to suddenly earn considerably less money for doing more work! This was evident from John Ruddy''s angry reaction after the Sunderland game where he made reference to it being "his livelihood". The loan players are not in that camp. When the season ends they go back to where they came from.

I really don''t think Ruddy is that much better than Bunn. A bit more commanding perhaps, but not quite so agile.

I like Bunn so won''t shed any tears if we get big dosh for JR and Rudd needs to take a step forward as well, it''s about the right time.

I don''t think you can read anything into the omission of the loan players. I suspect that none would be invited back next season, whichever division we are in, and with Fer "fit"Gutierrez won''t get much a look in. Yobo did seem a steady player, but not much more and Elmander created a few chances but not much more, although he worked hard.

Adams said that he would pick the best team for the way he wanted to play, and he had only 18 places in the team and on the bench.

One or more of the loan players could appear, but although Elmander is a big player none of the three is particularly quick. The matches coming up will require quick players - we shall be playing quick and skilful teams rather than cloggers.

I was more interested in the absence of Pilks who, when fit, is capable of creating and scoring. If he is not injured, or out of sorts with the club, we may need him at some point.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I really don''t think Ruddy is that much better than Bunn. A bit more commanding perhaps, but not quite so agile.

I like Bunn so won''t shed any tears if we get big dosh for JR and Rudd needs to take a step forward as well, it''s about the right time.

[/quote]

you don''t know a lot about football, ruddy is in a different class.

If you say so. Does me having opinions about keepers that you cannot agree with constitute me "not knowing anything about football?"

What a silly,sweeping generalisation of a statement. Are you some sort of expert then? Please elaborate.

Let''s see how many want to agree with my opinion.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Ruddy will get a move to a premiership club and double his wages anyway.[/quote]

Will he? He''s contracted until 2017 with the club holding a years option after that. So in order to double his wages the club willing to do that will have to first stump up an offer acceptable to Norwich. This would make his signing a very expensive piece of business for such a club.

Of course it''s possible that the contract could hold a release clause if a certain valuation was met but that wouldn''t be a giveaway by any means so even in that scenario he would be a very expensive signing.