Sign in to follow this  

Fed up

Have been silent reader on here for years, but for what it''s worth been attending as faithful canary for over 34 years. Frankly I''m fed up with ''white flag'' mentality that is pretty rife on here regarding the remainder of the season. We cannot change where we are, but we still hold our survival in our hands. We have 3 teams below us (& granted 1 has 2 games in hand), so why give up? Why capitulate? The downs don''t get any easier but so long as it is mathematically possible I believe it is our duty to give the team everything we''ve got especially if the team is applying equal effort (which I witnessed on Saturday). So white flag wavers please stay away from the matches, you do more harm than good! Rant over. Challenge my personal opinion as you see fit.

Waveney, please explain your response. This infantile reply is kind of the reason why posting my opinion on here a rare occurrence. Well done! Proud of you. Note my OP. It''s a date. Work it out for yourself....

[quote user="mrs miggins"]i''m sure you could just agree with him on a forum instead of calling him?[/quote]

Just a bit of jocularity in these dark days.

OP. You''re a spring chicken then.

Glad to find at least one person in agreement, no not a phone number it''s the date of my first match. It was a pretty big game with an even bigger goal, that sealed my love for my club!

[quote user="09021980"]Glad to find at least one person in agreement, no not a phone number it''s the date of my first match. It was a pretty big game with an even bigger goal, that sealed my love for my club![/quote]It was the 3-5 against Liverpool with that Fashanu goal wasn''t it?

It was on the strength of that goal that Bryan Clough made Fashanu one of the first million pound players. He was later to describe it as his worst signing ever.

Poor Justin had personal problems to cope with as well.

Waveney, Why? Still not heard an explanation.....come on back up you pathetic contributions...or at least offer something that barely resemble constructive discussion. With yellow and green in my blood and a grandad who owned the sports shop in the city that supplied the club with kit until the late 80''s I cannot begin to express how offended I could be if your opinion really mattered

[quote user="whoareyou"][quote user="Waveney Canary"]I smell the over powering stench of bin[/quote]

Yes you would as you already live in it.
[/quote]

[:D]

Welcome aboard new bloke.

All, this thread is somewhat typical, opinion raised, accusations over my birth, support provided by a few rational souls, but can we get on topic? Only had a couple of constructive responses.....cheers

Please 09.

No accusation about your birth meant nastily. I just genuinely thought it was your birth date until you said otherwise. It''s an original name and  evokes interest.

Also, all the rest I am with you.