Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Norwich v Liverpool

Total league record against Liverpool at Carrow RdWon     8Drawn  7Lost      10 Not as bad as you might think and that includes a time when Liverpool were the dominant force in English football.  This is a huge fixture for both clubs as it represents for them the opportunity to virtually win the title - and for us, the opportunity to virtually rescue our premiership status.   The record shows we have a good chance of getting something out of this game. 

In the last three years we have gone into this game "hoping" to do well.   This year is different - we HAVE to do well.    It changes the type of performance we will put out and with the pressure on Liverpool to achieve their aim - they will be viewing it slightly different too. 

This could be some game.............

[quote user="Hello Neil"]LDC has just clutched some straws.[/quote]

LDC has just put up a thread about the footballing record of our club.  Is that the best response you could come up with? 

Judging by the number of replies to this thread, I can safely assume others aren''t impressed by the ''best'' you can come up with my friend.

[quote user="Hello Neil"]Judging by the number of replies to this thread, I can safely assume others aren''t impressed by the ''best'' you can come up with my friend.[/quote]

It wasn''t supposed to be my "best". It was supposed to be about a football match.    Anyhow, you can think its clutching at straws to think we can give them a match, if you like.   I prefer to think it is more than possible we can get something from this.   I guess you''re one of those that has given up already.

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: Norwich v Liverpool

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: Norwich v Liverpool

Hello Neil wrote the following post at 15/04/2014 10:07 AM:

LDC has just clutched some straws.

Subject

Yet another spineless poster

I never say never, but I do worry, given that our biggest weakness is their biggest strength, pace on the counter. If we score first, you never know, but if they get the first goal, they''ll get more because we''ll leave ourselves open chasing another goal.

They are encouraging statistics and we just have to hope that we can pull out a result against ione of these big boys.

I certainly wouldn''t want Adams and his team approaching Saturday''s game with the same degree of pessimism as some posters on here.

Fulham are no great shakes and I don''t anticipate them picking up an awful lot of points.

Never write us off before any game.  Liverpool are on a long winning run at the moment but all such runs have to come to an end, often against a lower team like us.

At the same time it would be naive not to remember that Liverpool have scored 5 against us in our last 3 meetings, and our defenders have struggled to cope with Suarez etc (as have most other defenders this season).  Hope for the best, but...

I like those stats better than the Fulham stats.If it''s clutching at straws then they are quality straws - thank you LDC.If we can score first then we may just squeak it.  I''d settle for a point, but a win would be golden.We need to make more noise than we''ve made all season and keep it up for the full ninety minutes.

I''ll take anything positive LDC - even your positive spin might help me prepare for Sunday! OTBC

Sunday is the most guaranteed defeat in our history. However I seem to remember saying that before we went to Man City last season.

Lambert didn''t exactly get us off on the right foot against Liverpool at CR. 0-3.  Hughton didn''t do any better, 2-5.  Maybe Adams will be able to make it third time lucky...........

Doubt if Liverpool can get themselves charged up again like they did last weekend - home game v Man City, possible title decider, Hillsborough anniversary & all the emotion connected to that. They''re also on a winning sequence of 10 games and an unbeaten run of 15 games which, on the law of averages, will end soon, probably when it''s least expected.Added to that their recent away form shows that they''re not too dominating away against lower clubs - draw at W Brom, won 3-2 at Fulham, won 2-1 at W Ham.So there is hope.

Our chance in games like this is to kill the tempo, harass, waste time, etc.

In general, bring Liverpool down to our on shitty level.

Thats what we did when beating Man U and Arsenal last season.

Thats the only hope here too.

That, and the Pool players having a real off day, while we need to perform at our best, bundled with some good fortune, and success in killing the tempo.

Then nick it with a set piece goal.