Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

Under the Radar?

Internal troubles at Villa and Swansea, Gerrard trying to focus the players minds for Sunday, title decider for Liverpool vs Chelsea next week, Odds on to lose on Sunday, pressure''s off , isn''t it?

Yep, that''s me, glass half full merchant........

I like "half full" to be honest and see your point on this.........just need to get in their faces big time, wind a couple up, complain continually to the ref about Suarez''s diving, get him a red, nobble Gerrard and a point or three could come our way.  Just the little matter of who would score for us though.......surely it''s time for RVW....it must be......I feel a penalty coming on.....

Yep, actually had a dream the other night, that RVW scored a goal, might be worth a cheeky fiver!

Also, can''t remember Gerrard ever getting injured, surely the vast open spaces of FCR, and the high tempo game we will be playing, will test anyone''s hammys?

The Liverpool of the past 20 years I would have to agree, but this seasons Liverpool are focused and getting results even when they are playing poorly!  Just can''t see anything but another 2 or 3 - 0 defeat this sunday, but football is a funny thing, so fingers crossed.

Just focusing on a fresh start in the championship next year, new players and more games along with a binners derby!

It''s very unlikely that we will pick up enough points to stay up, Cardiff & Fulham are one game behind with Cardiff looking at the next two for the points and Fulham have three games against teame who like we say will be on the beach, with nothing to play for but points.

To be honset this season has been rather boring to watch, the manager has had such a negative infuence on the team it''s hard for Adams to get them thinking they can beat any team and I for one won''t be devesatated to go down!

Get those high cost players out of the club and keep those who want to play and to prove themselves, build on players who have passion and a manager who can bring back confident attacking football.

I can actually see the logic in this. I guess it depends on how far forward Liverpool are thinking. Do they already have one eye on the Chelsea game knowing that it is essentially the title decider? In which case do they play a full strength team against us or rest players and guarantee a full strength line up against Chelsea. Would they be worried about a Suarez red card and put him on the bench?

On Saturday Gerrard gave it the old one game at a time line but I can''t believe that they are not already planning their team and strategy for Chelsea.

I guess if you look at it like we have nothing to lose by going at it 110% where as Liverpool have everything to potentially lose, then it''s not a nailed on thrashing.

[quote user="Brightside"]

I guess if you look at it like we have nothing to lose by going at it 110% where as Liverpool have everything to potentially lose, then it''s not a nailed on thrashing.[/quote]

I don''t follow this line of thought.    We have just as much to lose as L''pool, if not more.   Surely it is more important to us what Norwich want to achieve than what L''pool want to do?    Make no mistake the pressure will be the same for both teams, for different reasons. That is what could make this game more level than form would suggest.   Prepare for battle!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Brightside"]

I guess if you look at it like we have nothing to lose by going at it 110% where as Liverpool have everything to potentially lose, then it''s not a nailed on thrashing.[/quote]

I don''t follow this line of thought.    We have just as much to lose as L''pool, if not more.   Surely it is more important to us what Norwich want to achieve than what L''pool want to do?    Make no mistake the pressure will be the same for both teams, for different reasons. That is what could make this game more level than form would suggest.   Prepare for battle!

[/quote]

So you don''t think we should give it 110% on Sunday then? Perhaps the cautious scrap it out for a draw approach? That''s served us so well so far hasn''t it?

My point was that we have no option but to go at it 110% on Sunday where as Liverpool may hold back because of the Chelsea game.

[quote user="Brightside"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Brightside"]

[/quote]

So you don''t think we should give it 110% on Sunday then? Perhaps the cautious scrap it out for a draw approach? That''s served us so well so far hasn''t it?

My point was that we have no option but to go at it 110% on Sunday where as Liverpool may hold back because of the Chelsea game.[/quote]

I was just questioning  your idea that we have nothing to lose. My point is that both teams have everything to lose.  If Liverpool seriously want to win the championship they have to go all out to beat us.   If we seriously want to stay up we have to go all out to beat them.     Its one of those games where everything is at stake for both clubs. 

I get you logic LDC and would add that logic would say 11 players against 11 on a pitch 100 yards by 70 yards should give a good accout of which set of playerswant it more!

Fans on both sides as pointed out will say we have everything to lose, us our premiership money, Liverpool the title, first in 25 years.

It''s really how much noise we can generate and how much the players want it that counts.

It will be a good atmosphere that you can be sure of, thanks to the board we have a better chance of getting something out of this game, all the fans will be backing Adams forthe full 90, that would not have happened if Hughton was still in charge.

[quote user="Indy"]

I get you logic LDC and would add that logic would say 11 players against 11 on a pitch 100 yards by 70 yards should give a good accout of which set of playerswant it more!  Fans on both sides as pointed out will say we have everything to lose, us our premiership money, Liverpool the title, first in 25 years.    It''s really how much noise we can generate and how much the players want it that counts.   It will be a good atmosphere that you can be sure of, thanks to the board we have a better chance of getting something out of this game, all the fans will be backing Adams forthe full 90, that would not have happened if Hughton was still in charge.

[/quote]

I don''t really know why you brought Hughton into it, but as you did,  I will only say that at the last two "big" clubs who came to Carrow Rd  under Hughton, we won one and drew the other.......and the fans were behind the team 100% in those games.    Nevertheless,  Adams has brought some positivity to the table and that can only help.

But not recently LDC, can you imagine the atmosphere after the WBA and if he would have been in charge for the rest of the season? Liverpool get a goal Sunday and the fans will respond in a positive manner, with Adams in charge, if it was Hughton the fans would turn in a blink of an eye.

So my point is that we have a far better chance as a club with united fans with Adams then we would have had with Hughton. this is a postive going into this game IMO.