Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

Sooooo....... Tonight.

It will make a difference because if they have nothing to play for on the last game, the Arsenal players minds will be focussed on the FA Cup final the following week and for some of them the World Cup too.

[quote user="whoareyou"]It will make a difference because if they have nothing to play for on the last game, the Arsenal players minds will be focussed on the FA Cup final the following week and for some of them the World Cup too.[/quote]

Not necessarily, they could be playing for their place in the cup final team.  Or they may be more relaxed and play well.   If they are still trying for fourth  place they may feel under pressure.  Who knows? 

I think anyone with sense can see that playing a dejected Arsenal team who are pinning their remaining hopes on the FA cup would be preferable than an Arsenal team fighting for the Champions League as well.

priceyrice wrote the following post at 15/04/2014 8:05 PM:

I think anyone with sense can see that playing a dejected Arsenal team who are pinning their remaining hopes on the FA cup would be preferable than an Arsenal team fighting for the Champions League as well.

No brainer

Some of you think you know it all, but in the final outcome - if Arsenal have nothing to play for, or they play fringe players - they are still going to be dangerous opponents.  Best attitude imo is to assume they will bring their best game to CR.  

Arsenal more likely to fold under pressure to us if they''re playing for europe on the final day, they''re a team who when playing relaxed could do us some severe damage in my opinion, all pressure goes on to us.  And i can''t think back to many matches where we''ve pulled it out under that kind of final game of the season pressure.  Shudder to think of the times we''ve failed though!

lake district canary wrote the following post at 15/04/2014 7:52 PM:

I don''t really see why it makes any difference. We still have to beat Arsenal, whatever they do and whoever they put in the team on the last day of the season.

You fat bastad

That was a quick change from a stone bishop

[quote user="Jenkins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 15/04/2014 7:52 PM:

I don''t really see why it makes any difference. We still have to beat Arsenal, whatever they do and whoever they put in the team on the last day of the season.

You fat bastad

That was a quick change from a stone bishop[/quote]

[:D]

It would get quite complicated with the chance of Arsenal finishing 5th, because if they also won the FA Cup then Tottenham and Man U have a chance of a Europa League place if they manage to finish 6th.Good for us when Tottenham potentially have 6th or higher to play for when they face Fulham; but bad for us when we play a Man United with something to play for. Overall a dejected Arsenal who finish 5th is probably the best outcome.

If Arsenal are under immense pressure to get a win then it could leave them exposed at the back. It''s not always as easy as you would think to get a result just because you need it, even for the top teams.

To be honest, I''m kind of with Lakey on this one. I don''t think our chances of beating them improve markedly one way or the other.

The same goes for Liverpool tomorrow. Although my personal feeling is that our chances of any kind of result are slim, you never know when the pressure might start getting to them. Hopefully it''s this weekend. The top teams have been beaten by the bottom teams this season (and others); it does happen.

It might not but likely, but until the final whistle blows (or the seventh Liverpool goal goes in) it''s a possibility, right?

It can go either way. Man City were on the beach last season but so were Fulham in 2005

It''s also bad news for the top teams - Areenal would certainly prefer to be playing a mid table team for their final game, if anything is riding on it.