Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Leroy Fer

"West

Ham United plan to test Norwich City’s resolve to hold on to midfielder

Leroy Fer if the Canaries lose their Premier League status.

The Carrow Road outfit are caught up in a relegation dogfight and have arguably the hardest run-in of all the teams in the bottom six of the Premier League table.

Holland international Fer, who hopes to be a part of the Dutch national side’s World Cup

campaign in Brazil this summer, has been one of the club’s leading

operators this term and it remains to be seen whether he will want to

stay if Norwich go down.

A source close to Upton Park told FDN

the Hammers are determined to bolster their squad at the end of the

season, having flirted with relegation themselves at the turn of the

year.

Fer,

who was wanted by Everton before the Toffees pulled out due to concerns

about the player’s knee problem at FC Twente 18 months ago, has made 30

appearances for Norwich this season.

He has more than three years remaining on his current contract."

Yep. £10m please.

I like the player a lot but sometimes he flatter to deceive and there''s rarely been much of an end product from his fancy stuff. There could be though.

Pity but inevitable if we go down.

If we stay up he would be one of the first on my team-sheet.

We were rumored to have gotten him for about £4 million I think? We should be able to get more than that for him regardless of our Premier League status.

I think we should cash in on the following players:Ruddy, Bassong, Van Wolfswinkel, Pilkington, Fer, Garrido, Hoolahan Send back these players:Elmander, Guitterez, YoboRelease these players:Nash, FoxGive a new contract to these players:Bunn, Turner

And go from there....

He''s young, on a good contract and got bags of potential. If he goes as part of Hollands squad to the World Cup this only increases his value. We need to play hardball with one of our top assets if we go down. I would also agree with 10million, if Jordan Henderson is worth 18m Steven Fletcher 12m and Matt Jarvis 12m

i wouldn''t release fox if we go down, i think people forget how good he is at championship level, certainly the best passer in the league, something our team will be missing even more if we go down.

We need to keep all our players if we want to go back up. Some players you have to let go like ruddy for example because he should be playing for the likes of everton.

If fer is on a 3 year contract, we will get quite a bit for him, but the rewards will be greater if we keep him.

In all honesty I wouldn''t object to the entire squad being kept intact as I genuinely think they would storm the Championship, especially now we have disposed of the Hughton restraints.

Realistically though, I feel Snoddy will be in most demand, followed by Ruddy and then Fer. That should sum total equal to our our expenditure last summer and, along with full houses and parachute money would mean that relegation is not likely to be th

e Armageddon some on here envisage.

[quote user="skippdogg"]fox, ha lge1 player[/quote]

expand? did you not see him in the championship. did you not see especially that pass to jackson v portsmouth to get us promoted?

C''mon Juggy - cash in on Wolfswinkel. Just can''t see that happening because we cannot afford to lose around 8 million, can''t see anyone paying more than £500,000 for him at all!

As for the rest, agree wholeheartedly.

BroadstairsR if you think we will get £25m to £30m for Snodgrass, Fer and Ruddy then you have a screw lose.£5m for each, tops. 20% of that is VAT if we sell to a British club.

[quote user="Juggy"]BroadstairsR if you think we will get £25m to £30m for Snodgrass, Fer and Ruddy then you have a screw lose.

£5m for each, tops.

20% of that is VAT if we sell to a British club.
[/quote]

Last summer''s expenditure. Wolfswinkle was bought in the winter from the previous year''s funds.

Having said that, I don''t think we''ll get much less than £20m for the three. All internationals, fairly young and with Premier League experience. If it were to be the other way round I wouldn''t object to the Club spending that amount of money on those three.

Why do you under-value our prize assets?  These players will have a good market appeal.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

"West

Ham United plan to test Norwich City’s resolve to hold on to midfielder

Leroy Fer if the Canaries lose their Premier League status.

The Carrow Road outfit are caught up in a relegation dogfight and have arguably the hardest run-in of all the teams in the bottom six of the Premier League table.

Holland international Fer, who hopes to be a part of the Dutch national side’s World Cup

campaign in Brazil this summer, has been one of the club’s leading

operators this term and it remains to be seen whether he will want to

stay if Norwich go down.

A source close to Upton Park told FDN

the Hammers are determined to bolster their squad at the end of the

season, having flirted with relegation themselves at the turn of the

year.

Fer,

who was wanted by Everton before the Toffees pulled out due to concerns

about the player’s knee problem at FC Twente 18 months ago, has made 30

appearances for Norwich this season.

He has more than three years remaining on his current contract."

[/quote]

Cheeky cockney cants - picking over the bones before we''re even down

I don''t think we''ll be forced to sell anyone for financial reasons. All long term contracts go to the end of the parachute payments were we not to be promoted. I''d be shocked if they did''t work potentially reduced budgets into them.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Isn''t there a clause of contract where if we''re relegated, the player gets a reduction in wage?...or am i just hoping?[/quote]
Yep McNally has previously confirmed that all contracts we''ve done over recent years have had relegation clauses put into them IIRC.

I get a funny feeling that some on here are quite excited about the prospect of getting relegated and actually winning some games for a change.

Leroy Fer is a class footballer, played out of position by hughton in my opinion. He''s not a defensive midfielder, he''s an attacking midfielder who needs freedom.

Remember 2/3 brilliant through balls of class for goals for hooper.

Seems to be a common theme for fans to not like ''lazy'' footballers. I''d much prefer fer than somebody like Johnson who runs and runs but has a terrible pass percentage.

[quote user="Juggy"]BroadstairsR if you think we will get £25m to £30m for Snodgrass, Fer and Ruddy then you have a screw lose.£5m for each, tops. 20% of that is VAT if we sell to a British club.[/quote]

lol £5 million tops each.

Have you not seen any transfer in the PL in the last five years?

Could have managed £5 million for each when we went down in 05...

If anyone tried to buy Snoddy he''d cost a heck of a lot more than many seem to think because he has a fantastic return in this league and over two seasons has one of the best set piece records. If we sold him to another PL club for only that amount we''d be getting royally screwed over.

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="skippdogg"]fox, ha lge1 player[/quote]

expand? did you not see him in the championship. did you not see especially that pass to jackson v portsmouth to get us promoted?[/quote]
Did he not go on loan to Barnsley and flop?