Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Will we go down - Yes or No

Take the minus 7 of Cardiff.

If we lost all our games three nil, Cardiff would win one and lose three for it to go to goal difference. They would have five goals "to spare". Even that might not be enough.

Unlike some of the others with the heart vs head argument, mine is actually the other way around. My heart feels our best chances disappeared losing to WBA and Fulham and rather fears for our chances now.

However, my head says that football is unpredictable, surprises happen, form changes, and David sometimes beats Goliath. Only born losers wave the white flag while it is still mathematically possible to survive and it''s good to see our manager and players defiant against the odds. Yes, our chances don''t look great on paper but football isn''t played on paper and results don''t always go with form. The chance of survival is significantly smaller than it was this time last week, but it is still a chance.

I will not accept that we are down until it is mathematically impossible for us to escape. I wonder how many WBA fans realistically thought their team would preserve their PL status back in 2005 when they were rock bottom going into the final game with us three places above them...

We have hope but very little else. Our form is a shambles , we cannot score, other teams are picking up results and we face 4 of the worst fixtures you could pick. Probably finish next to bottom on 32 points. What a disgrace

A huge amount could rest on whether Arsenal have clinched Top 4 or are out of it. If the latter, and with a Cup Final to prepare for I would feel more hopeful. But even one win may not be enough so we need to be looking for a point on Saturday or at Man Utd (Chelsea I just cannot see it happening).

Unfortunately we will, but at least were gonna go down waving the clappers, with Long Distance Cun-tary leading the clapping. However this was an entirely avoidable situation if coco had departed say ummmmmm 13 months ago when we were first in real trouble. oooops we finished 11th so we were mid table all season right?????

[quote user="lappys homeboy"]Unfortunately we will, but at least were gonna go down waving the clappers, with Long Distance Cun-tary leading the clapping. However this was an entirely avoidable situation if coco had departed say ummmmmm 13 months ago when we were first in real trouble. oooops we finished 11th so we were mid table all season right?????[/quote]

We finished 11th[Y]