Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Will we go down - Yes or No

No.I can only see Fulham maybe beating Hull.I think 4th is going to be decided whichever way by the last day, so Arsenal will be too focused on the cup final.We win and relegate Fulham on the final day.Perfect! [Y]

---- Unhinged Canary: I can only see Fulham maybe beating Hull.

You can''t possibly see Fulham getting anything out of Stoke or Palace?

Neither side are exactly world beaters and both are now safe. None of Fulham''s final fixtures are exactly daunting.

Will we go down... I hope not, we need to scrounge a few points from somewhere in these last four fixtures. Lets hope Arsenal have nothing to play for on the last day of the season.

No, although I''m not absolutely convinced. If it turns out we just need a win then anything can happen.Liverpool are due to drop points after a 10 game winning streak, perhaps it''s us that stops that run by getting a draw.I forgot when I looked previously at the run-in that an FA Cup winner who finishes 5th gives the 6th placed team a Europa League spot. So Man United will have something to play for when we play them, as they''ll be hoping Arsenal finish 5th and go on to win the FA Cup. However, I still think we''re capable of getting a point there.I think Chelsea''s fixture schedule before we meet them - 4 games in 11 days, then 4 days rest before they play us - give us a good chance of getting something.Arsenal at home are the strongest chance we have of a win, perhaps we have to hope that they have no more to play apart from the FA Cup ie they have sealed 5th place and Everton are guaranteed 4th place.So I reckon we have a chance of getting something up to 4 points, and will probably need between 2 to 4 points to survive.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well I was proud of our club when we came up the leagues playing positive football. Hughton and co have dried that up and i''m back to being embarrased. I can understand why people who support other teams will be glad to see us relegated.

Hopefully Adams can convince the players we have with the right attitude to show a bit of guile and you never know, we might spring a surprise.

I''m not disowning the club, i''m disowning the way the team was run under Hughton. With that comes some of the players he put into the side that i''d happily disown too, starting with our pathetic bunch of strikers.[/quote]

One of the most embarrassing posts i''ve ever read - and as fairweather as you can get.

Embarassed because we''ve had a season of poor football in the premier league? How many did Stoke get away with? I really don''t understand.

As for will we go down? The odds are against us now - but there''s always twists and turns at the end of the season and i really hope they twist and turn in our favour!

Almost certainly Yes. Around 90%. But...

Chelsea might not find it easy to break us down after a run of tough fixtures and Arsenal at home must be a chance. I''m just clinging to the hope that we have not been relegated by the time the last game kicks off and then you never know.

Head - yes

Heart - no

I just can''t see us getting anything much from the last four games. The problem we have is that we cannot score and to get anything from these games we are going to have to score. Sitting back and defending for a point will not be an option.

The Liverpool and Arsenal games at home will be massive and our best chance. It''s a shame we''ve got Liverpool first because although we''ll be up for it Suarez as usual will ruin us.

Yes.

We will play well in the remaining games but predicting points at Stamford Bridge and Old Traffold is crazy and Liverpool, with Suarez (who should''ve been sent off on Sunday), will professionally sweep us aside (yet again).

The Arsenal game is the only chance to get something but even an unlikely win may not be enough.

We were down when the final whistle blew last at Carrow Road.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well I was proud of our club when we came up the leagues playing positive football. Hughton and co have dried that up and i''m back to being embarrased. I can understand why people who support other teams will be glad to see us relegated.

Hopefully Adams can convince the players we have with the right attitude to show a bit of guile and you never know, we might spring a surprise.

I''m not disowning the club, i''m disowning the way the team was run under Hughton. With that comes some of the players he put into the side that i''d happily disown too, starting with our pathetic bunch of strikers.[/quote]

Fairweather springs to mind Jimmy[H]

For better for worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health...

[;)]

[/quote]

Totally with you NN. Hopefully, if we do go down the Jimmy Smiths and Lincolns of this world will skulk off to their "other clubs", then they won''t have to be ashamed of our club.

Well on paper yes.

If it always went the way of form, each and everyone of us would be winning the Pools (do they still exist?) most weeks. The favourite would always win at the races etc.

It''s not a two horse race, WBA and Swansea are not safe. I think the fact we have such tough games takes the pressure off us a bit. Plus those teams we are playing will have a lot of pressure on them, they need the points too.

We are now a bit more of an unknown quantity, more of a loose cannon than we were under Hughton. I don''t think any of the teams we are yet to play will consider getting 3 points off us is a done deal. So maybe we shouldn''t believe loosing the last games is a matter of fact.

I think WBA are well in it, they have hard games. Sunderland will have a point to prove, how often does a team relegated put on a show when the pressure is off? at home too.

Swans last set of games are not a push over either.

OK I''m clutching at straws. But nothing is predictable in life, certainly not my life.

It will be nice then we pull it off and stick two fingers up to the media as an extra bonus. Come on guys the fat lady isn''t on stage yet, lets not sing her song for her.

Villa are in trouble as well. They may have a couple of points on us but each of their remaining games are tough. Benteke is out and they''ve lost the last 4. There''s a lot of disquiet with Lambo while our own disquiet was hopefully laid to rest with Hughton''s departure. If we can all pull together we could see that miracle and Villa could go down instead of us! Hope springs eternal!

Yes we''re down and I think its now a case of us,Sunderland and one other as I think both Fulham and Cardiff will overtake us the next fortnight. If that third team is Villa it might soften the blow slightly.

Sadly I think it''s a yes.

I think the vast majority of us have been here before a few too many times, so not going to get doom-mongerish about it. It''s a tough life being a City fan.