Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Will we go down - Yes or No

Can I see Fulham getting two more points than us? Of course, sadly. We might pull one out of the bag, such as against Arsenal, but Fulham''s fixtures are a dream for them after Saturday. By the time we play Arsenal I can see us below them and hoping they muck up.

Probably - but we aren''t down yet, it is still in our hands and we have a chance.

The annoying thing now is that CH was rather adept at getting the tactics spot-on against the big guys at home: it was the reason why I was leaning towards keeping him as manager to the end of the season, once it got so close. I just hope Adams can get similar performances out of the guys.

All season long I have thought no, maybe, yes. Followed by maybe, yes, no. Followed by yes, maybe, no.Followed by no, yes, maybe.Followed by maybe, no, yes.However, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea & Arsenal will all see us an an easy touch & at least one of them will be be so confident & complacent that they''ll under estimate us & we will pick up at least a win & possibly a win & a draw.Funny things happen at the end of the season & it''s quite common for nailed on to become banana skin.And we are that banana skin.So it''s a definite NO.

Unfortunately I think the damage has already been done and I can''t see a way out for us.

If we''re gonna go down then I at least hope we go down swinging.

Same as others have said on this thread;

Heart - NO!

Head - YES!

Stranger things have happened but I noticed Ricardo pretty much chucked in the towel on Saturday - that did it for me.

Fulham were dire and its entirely plausible that they wont get another point either.

It is still in our hands and with the same application and with a stronger team and formation we have the players to spring a surprise over the last 4 games and save ourselves;

but if we pick bj in cm and martin at cb then it simply wont happen

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Fulham were dire and its entirely plausible that they wont get another point either.

It is still in our hands and with the same application and with a stronger team and formation we have the players to spring a surprise over the last 4 games and save ourselves;

but if we pick bj in cm and martin at cb then it simply wont happen[/quote]

Well that''s a rummun Zip. Because the four big home results over the past two seasons. Namely the victories against Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs and the draw with Citeh all saw Tettey and Johnson playing together in central midfield.

Yes.

We need at least 4 points and we won''t get that.

I hope all you spineless wonders that think we are going down are going to turn up on Sunday.

Your going to great on Sky waving your white flags chanting

"We''re the Green and Tenna army"

No. Others are looking in a far worse way than us. Just the one place up for grabs as I can see it and it could well be occupied by the Villa after all the shenanigans going on there. Very strange business indeed.OTBC!

With Fulham to play:

Tottenham v Fulham

Fulham v Hull

Stoke v Fulham

Fulham v Crystal Palace

And only need 2 points should we fail in the tough 4 games, even if by some fluke we beat one of these sides it might not be enough!

Also you cannot discount Cardiff not catching us, as they have:

Cardiff v Stoke 15:00

Sunderland v Cardiff

Newcastle v Cardiff

Cardiff v Chelsea

At present Cardiff have a -7 goal diff worse than our own, but we have the potential to be hit for a few in our last 4 games.

Nutty and others are right, Cardiff & Fulham ned to get that win in the last 4 and we have to lose all 4, given the way things have gone, we do look the best price for at least 1 of the last two places for that drop, but the fat lady has yet to warm her vocal chords!

My head says we are down as Fulham have momentum and the players to get that result, we have a team low on confidence and it’s not about us the supporters but do the players believe we can stay up?

Imagine the last Sunday, Cardiff, Fulham, Norwich and possibly Sunderland will all have something to play for! I would think there will be 22,000 City fans each with a radio listening to what''s going on round the grounds!

INDY

"And only need 2 points should we fail in the tough 4 games, even if by some fluke we beat one of these sides it might not be enough!"

How do you work out that Fulham only need two points.

There is so much white flag waving on here it makes me sick, then you pop up and contrive to make it even worse.

tenna briefs anyone?

I know there are 13 goal diff and 7 to Cardiff, but we have to play three teams who historically put an average of 3 goals past us and we are finding it hard to score, so that goal diff can soon shrink!

I know it''s only if''s and but''s at present and more accurate statement would be one win for Fulham, which given their games they are likely to get, are they? I don''t know, it''s all too close and on PAPER doesn''t normally happen, strnage results do happen as Palace showed a couple weeks back against Chelsea.

No white flags just opinion, just because some look at worst case others look at best case, but none of us know anything for sure! We can only hope and enjoy the ride wherever it takes us and come Sunday we will all be behind Adams and the boys.

Look at the current form and we are doomed. There for a reason, cannot score.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

Playing against 4 teams who are in the top 8 for conceding goals but more worryingly all 4 in the top 5 for scoring all season

Put that against us in the bottom 2 for scoring goals and bottom 4 for conceding.

Sure we''re going to get something based on that?

It needs a miracle and not relying on others around us to slip up. They likes of Fulham and Palace upped their game when needed, we haven''t. Ditto unable to score in the past 3 games when we should have.

It isn''t looking good.

[quote user="The Messiah"]Look at the current form and we are doomed. There for a reason, cannot score. http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html Playing against 4 teams who are in the top 8 for conceding goals but more worryingly all 4 in the top 5 for scoring all season Put that against us in the bottom 2 for scoring goals and bottom 4 for conceding. Sure we''re going to get something based on that? It needs a miracle and not relying on others around us to slip up. They likes of Fulham and Palace upped their game when needed, we haven''t. Ditto unable to score in the past 3 games when we should have. It isn''t looking good.[/quote]

We need a miracle?  Maybe you could help us with that ?

INDY wrote the following post at 16/04/2014 9:32 AM:

"I know there are 13 goal diff and 7 to Cardiff, but we have to play three teams who historically put an average of 3 goals past us and we are finding it hard to score, so that goal diff can soon shrink!"

I really do not get this, ok so you say on average these teams put three goals a game past us, even if they do and we dont score that still gives us a better goal difference than Fulham.

Yes we face a very tough task but whats with trying to skew things so they look even worse.

Just do not get it!!!!!!