Sign in to follow this  
thebigdub

karsa and culverhouse suspended?

Unique, do you really think that Lambert is the right person to give a handgun to? With his legendary ambition I could see him shooting to the top job at Manure, leaving a trail of dead bodies along the way...no change there then.

If the rumours are true about losing the dressing room and in fighting then Lambert''s determination to try and sign Holt and Hoolahan may give an indication that all has not been well for a few months. I think in Holt and Wes he saw senior players who would very much be onside with him and perhaps improve team spirit. Could be completely wrong of course but it would make sense.

Lambert''s sides perform well due to team spirit as much as anything, without that they''ve got every chance of going down if we can grab ourselves another 4 points. Out of the teams just outside the relegation zone, ours by far sounds the happiest and most positive club, which fills me with much confidence. OTBC

Top post Alex. If the atmosphere is poisonous at Villa Park together with a disgruntled group of players then its all good.

Lambert was not as popular here as people like to believe, with the staff and some of the players, he ruled with an iron fist, now if you have a broken management team and disgruntled players I am not sure that approach is going to work. Not sure he is so good at the conciliatory stuff.

Culverhouse and youth coach Cowens came to blows on the training pitch a few days ago. This comes as no surprise. Cowens is a popular man with Villa fans apparently, so this was probably not a great move by Culverhouse.

Culverhouse and Cowans had a fight about not giving youth players a chance, Agbonlahor and Delph stuck up with Cowans, Karsa got involved, Lambert took sides with Culverhouse and dropped Agbonlahor and Delph for the Palace game. The players revolted and now Culverhouse and Karsa have been suspended, Cowans has been made assistant. That''s the most popular rumour on the Villa forums.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Top post Alex. If the atmosphere is poisonous at Villa Park together with a disgruntled group of players then its all good. Lambert was not as popular here as people like to believe, with the staff and some of the players, he ruled with an iron fist, now if you have a broken management team and disgruntled players I am not sure that approach is going to work. Not sure he is so good at the conciliatory stuff.[/quote]

Yes, got to be a good thing for us (if we can take advantage).

Agree about Lambert ruling here with an iron fist, which was part of the reason why he preferred to bring in "young & hungry" players from lower leagues.  It''s noticeable how much he''s struggled with the senior pros at Villa.  He likes to be top dog, at City he came in when we were at such a low ebb he could do that, and with such a sustained period of success he was able to keep it going, McNally and the board were able to leave him to it.  With hindsight I think if he''d stayed, it would probably have started to become a problem and he''d have run into similar difficulties as at Villa.

This will probably limit how far he can go in his career unless he can change.

How is it a good thing for us? We''d need them to get 0 points, and us to get 3 points, for us to go above them in the league.Neither is going to happen.

I''ve heard that if Villa stay up they get taken over and Lambert gets replaced by a top German manager. Would be somewhat ironic if true, given his status in Germany.

Juggy wrote the following post at 16/04/2014 1:19 PM:

How is it a good thing for us? We''d need them to get 0 points, and us to get 3 points, for us to go above them in the league.

Neither is going to happen.

Tenna mens maximum absorbance

Would of been great if Culverhouse had of stepped up when Lambert walked away and took control of a group of players he knew very well at the time. However the way everything ended up i just couldnt see McNicey losing face three YES THREE times ONCE when Lambert went TWO 2 when we go down and he doesn''t prefer "DEATH TO RELEGATION" 3, when he picks up the phone and rings.......ring ring, ring ring hello ian mateeeeee are you ok? come back please please please iann.... hello, helllo hello iannnn are you there

[quote user="Jenkins"]Top post Alex. If the atmosphere is poisonous at Villa Park together with a disgruntled group of players then its all good.

Lambert was not as popular here as people like to believe, with the staff and some of the players, he ruled with an iron fist, now if you have a broken management team and disgruntled players I am not sure that approach is going to work. Not sure he is so good at the conciliatory stuff.[/quote]

WHAT A BELL_END!!!!!!!

he was hated by all, i never enjoyed 1 game under him. Who honestly even spent 10 minutes wandering what "the backroom staff" were doing when Lambert was here????? NOBODY because we were WINNING games ATTACKING EVERY yes EVERY team that pretty much HOME AND AWAY(barr Leicester cup) the football WAS awesome, the fans were HAPPY, ANYTHING WAS POSSIBLE then fast forward 12 months weve got coco here defending 1-1 with F**KING HULL down to TEN MEN. FOR PEOPLE TO SAY ALL WASNT ROSEY WHEN LAMBERT WAS HERE IS TOSH UTTER TOSH.

No doubt the ones who say it wasn''t rosey are the ones who thought 100% of fans loved super chris and his super tactics. FU(K THE BOARD, FU(K COCO AND MOST OF ALL FU(K THE FANS WHO SUPPORTED THAT USELESS PIECE OF 5HIT!

Lappys bellend. I would respectfully point out that I am the official bellend on this board. Could you transfer your activities to wrath please.

Thanks and regards

lappy''s homeboy wrote the following post at 16/04/2014 4:38 PM:

Jenkins wrote:
Top post Alex. If the atmosphere is poisonous at Villa Park together with a disgruntled group of players then its all good.

Lambert was not as popular here as people like to believe, with the staff and some of the players, he ruled with an iron fist, now if you have a broken management team and disgruntled players I am not sure that approach is going to work. Not sure he is so good at the conciliatory stuff.

WHAT A BELL_END!!!!!!!

he was hated by all, i never enjoyed 1 game under him. Who honestly even spent 10 minutes wandering what "the backroom staff" were doing when Lambert was here????? NOBODY because we were WINNING games ATTACKING EVERY yes EVERY team that pretty much HOME AND AWAY(barr Leicester cup) the football WAS awesome, the fans were HAPPY, ANYTHING WAS POSSIBLE then fast forward 12 months weve got coco here defending 1-1 with F**KING HULL down to TEN MEN. FOR PEOPLE TO SAY ALL WASNT ROSEY WHEN LAMBERT WAS HERE IS TOSH UTTER TOSH.

No doubt the ones who say it wasn''t rosey are the ones who thought 100% of fans loved super chris and his super tactics. FU(K THE BOARD, FU(K COCO AND MOST OF ALL FU(K THE FANS WHO SUPPORTED THAT USELESS PIECE OF 5HIT!

Subject

You Sir are vile worthless and less than nothing!

[quote user="lappys homeboy"]WHAT A BELL_END!!!!!!!

No doubt the ones who say it wasn''t rosey are the ones who thought 100% of fans loved super chris and his super tactics. FU(K THE BOARD, FU(K COCO AND MOST OF ALL FU(K THE FANS WHO SUPPORTED THAT USELESS PIECE OF 5HIT![/quote]Hiya Maccy! [Y]I don''t think you''ll be lasting long this time. [:D]