Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

New 2014/15 Kit

Amongst all the excitement of the last 4 games (and I say excitement because personally I can''t wait), I''ve noticed that talk of next seasons kit has completely gone under the radar. I appreciate the Club''s primary focus must be on destroying our next 4 opponents, but last year our new shirt was worn for the final game when we beat Man City at the Etihad. Is there ANY news on it at all, you''d think we''d have heard at least something by now?

It''s simply because all the focus is on the stuff which happens on the pitch. If we were already safe, they probably would''ve already released it. They almost certainly know what the new kit is, they''ll just save it for the last week of the season (as most teams give their new kit a run-out on the last day).

I assume we are tied to the current kit supplier?

I have to say I am no great fan of the current supplier. I would like to see Norwich at some point use one of the bigger names as a kit supplier. I like the West Ham white shirts, they remind me of our 1981 away kit by Adidas.

It will also have the city badge and sponsor name on the back so that it will look as if we are running forwards when in fact we are running away.

Snoddy''s shirt is rumoured to have a built in spirit level and stabilisers to help make sure he stops falling over at every opportunity.

Shirts should be like meggers and build up a staic charge which can be grounded to the player by the control of a button which  the manager can use to motivate lazy little prima donnas, when they are not following the plan!

To carry on from this, I would like to argue for using normal white football and not these daft horrid pink and orange balls! Add to that all footballers to weat black boots, I hate these multi colour boots, back to black!!!!!!!

I recently went in to renew my Yellows loyalty card but told them I considering not to unless I had some assurances from a senior member of the club, after a brief pause I was given the information I required but told not to divulge to anyone until after 13:05 on 16/04/14, now I can exclusively reveal that the new shirt will be predominately yellow with some green bits. Obviously I can''t tell you who my source is so don''t bother asking.

Was thinking exactly the same thing just yesterday. If we were to switch to a bigger name, I feel Puma would be the best fit for a yellow-green combo; however, we are tied to Errea for a while yet.

Personally I''ve been keeping an eye out, but then, of course I have. New kit time is the only time I really post anyway :P

As always taking design requests! (Even in these dark times)

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]With relegation looming I can hardly believe anyone is focussing on new kit right now![/quote]

Er who said the kit is THE focus at the moment, NM? Of course it''s secondary to the main objective but we''ve already got a million and one threads to debate that, I see no harm having a thread about the forthcoming kit.

Mason - your designs have always been of interest on this forum so feel free to show us your latest efforts mate.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]With relegation looming I can hardly believe anyone is focussing on new kit right now![/quote]

...and anyway, you meant with ''staying up looming'' ;)

I think we''re tied in with errea as we get a larger profit on each shirt sold, Nike/Adidas won''t consider us too small, it would be a nice earner for them - But it would probably mean thousands not going in to the pockets of the club.

Got to say, my shirt has held up well and still think it looks good, but it''s not until you pick up a cheap nike/adidas shirt of some bizarre french team do you realise how much better they are.

(Yes, i am the person going round the bargain buckets in sports shops) ;)

I thought the marketing team just booted up Pro Evolution Soccer, chose a random kit design, then sent a screenshot to the manufacturer.Maybe we will see it launched when we play Merseyside Red.

[IMG]http://s29.postimg.org/bmnlwanif/New_Medley.png[/IMG]

You''ve gone and got me excited now.

That''s a couple of my more recent ones. Closer look and other designs on my photobucket link in sig.

I always have trouble with the upload so it may have to be the photobucket link for all of you!

[img]http://s29.postimg.org/bmnlwanif/New_Medley.png[/img]

Sterling work again Mason, really wish we dropped this errea manufacturer, imagine a remake of the adidas pinstripe kit, that would be worth the £40-50 they expect us to shell out season after season!

The club are probably holding off with any kit launch as its unlikely we have a marketing campaign given the uncertainty of our top flight status and players futures.

Come the summer Snoddy will probably be wearing green and white hoops while asking kids for a game and lets face it little red hiding hood is currently more intimidating than the big bad wolf.

It''s rubbish to say the major kit manufacturers wouldn''t want to deal with NCFC because we are ''TOO SMALL''!!!Just off the top of my head, Hull have Adidas kit and I am certain there are clubs in the lower leagues whose kit''s are supplied by Nike and Adidas.In fact the bluescum have just signed a deal with Adidas to supply their kit from next season.Seams we always seem to get stuck with some two-bit kit supplier, with the exception of the early 80''s when we did indeed have Adidas, as our kit supplier.

2013-4 kit with a greater green content reminded me of 2004-5 looks like we are going the same way.

Also couldn''t understand the light blue tops worn by the assistants etc in the dugout. Bad karma.

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"]It''s rubbish to say the major kit manufacturers wouldn''t want to deal with NCFC because we are ''TOO SMALL''!!!Just off the top of my head, Hull have Adidas kit and I am certain there are clubs in the lower leagues whose kit''s are supplied by Nike and Adidas.In fact the bluescum have just signed a deal with Adidas to supply their kit from next season.Seams we always seem to get stuck with some two-bit kit supplier, with the exception of the early 80''s when we did indeed have Adidas, as our kit supplier.[/quote]

Just out of interest ''Levi'', why does such a small detail such as the name of the kit maker on the shirt really matter that much? I don''t get it.

The reason we always tend to use smaller kit manufacturers is because they let you have a say in the design of the kit.

Where big kit manufacturers say here''s your kit so you look the same as every other team in a nike/Adidas/puma kit just in different colours.

For one thing a larger kit supplier is likely to have a wider range of related training kit/leisure wear available for the club to sell/gain income from!I went to buy a hoodie from the first range of Errea kit about November from the club shop, and was told my size had sold out and they wouldn''t get any more in until the following season!!! What a joke!As for people worrying about a Nike/Adidas/Puma kit looking like other clubs kits - ours is eh, yellow and green! unique I believe in British football...

As long as the template is a good match for our colours I don''t mind whatever brand we choose.

This years one just seems a bit lazy to me. A little bit too ''teamwear'', especially in our colours which can be hard to balance right. It''s a shame because the last two seemed quite considered and I quite liked them.