Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

The three teams above us

In the unlikely event that we somehow win versus Liverpool and suddenly go above Villa, Swansea and WBA, what chance is there that them three wouldn''t get any more wins or even points?

WBA would expect something from West Ham at home and Sunderland away, but probably not versus Arsenal and Man City. If things conpsire agaisnt them, I could see them end on 35 points.

Swansea have the "easiest" run in. Newcastle, who don''t care any more, Villa, one of the teams mentioned here, and woefully short on form, Southampton, who might just pack for the beach by then and then Sunderland, who might be already down by the final day. Could they possibly only get another point or two?

Villa have Southampton at home, see above (but with 4 games left, they might still try to win, Swansea could go either way, Hull, who might well be focussed on the FA cup but Long and Jelavic will be playing. If they fail in these three, they have Man City away on the last day. Daunting! Could they possibly keep within reach of us by continuing their dodgy run? Say we beat Liverpool, we go a point ahead of them and then they could only win one of the games versus Swansea and Southampton and still need to beat Man City to ensure survival.

Massive if''s but I don''t know if it''s a straight fight between us and the three down there still.

I think Villa, Swansea & WBA are very lucky we have the 4 fixtures left that we have or they would be very worried.

Funny how swansea were on such an awful run til they played us and battered us 3-0, since theyve played us theyve lost the next 2.

If Villa lose to Southampton at home and by some miracle we get something v Liverpool they will be in trouble. After watching the youtube vid of there fans "you dont know what your doin" "we want lambert out" i think it could be hard for them to get any momentum. Benteke and Kozak out and.there fans against the manager doesnt bode well.

But we gotta do the business which is a massive massive task. Liverpool will slip up in there next 4 games, fingers crossed its against up.

Think the atmosphere gonna be good.

Villa could be the unexpected third team to go down with Cardiff and Sunderland, an end of season slip down the league, fans already turning against the manager, it is not an impossible scenario.

When your in a relegation dog fight the last thing you need is your own fans on your back.

(Please note smelly finger)

Can''t see past this weekend being a loss for us at the moment (considering a sizeable wager on it just to soften the blow) and us needing things to start well with Fulham taking no more than 1 point from Spurs. My head says that Spurs should win and Chelsea will beat Sunderland, but the Cardiff vs Stoke game is a weird one after Cardiff won away at Southampton. Stoke could have a big say in the relegation fight as they play most of the teams around us I believe.

I''m a fairly optimistic person on the whole, but after watching the first 45 minutes of the Liverpool game the other day, I can only see the match going one way, lit was lovely, free flowing, pacey football that was a joy to watch.That said, I am really looking forward to teh game, my first in a while, and you just never know....

After watching us at fulham, i''m less confident of staying up i must admit, that second half, considering we had a new manager, just not good enough...but we''ll see i guess. Hopefully we play for a draw, but sneak a win

rs miggins wrote the following post at 15/04/2014 1:24 AM:

After watching us at fulham, i''m less confident of staying up i must admit, that second half, considering we had a new manager, just not good enough...but we''ll see i guess. Hopefully we play for a draw, but sneak a win

Best performance since West Ham or Cardiff (4 or 5 away games since). Even Aston Villa wasn''t so bad - until Benteke clobbered us.

Must give some room for optimism. At least a glimmer of light on a board that seems to be descending into a black hole.

Last league game Liverpool didnt win was Feb 2nd vs WBA, if they can get something so can we, they will slip up in there next 4. why not b vs us ? When Man C beat Sunderland wednesday and Chelsea beat Sunderland saturday big pressure will be on Liverpool to win. Can they handle the pressure with just 4 games to go. Time will tell.

Jenkins wrote the following post at 14/04/2014 5:53 PM:

Villa could be the unexpected third team to go down with Cardiff and Sunderland, an end of season slip down the league, fans already turning against the manager, it is not an impossible scenario.

When your in a relegation dog fight the last thing you need is your own fans on your back.

(Please note smelly finger)

Turn of events at Villa is excellent news for us, breaking up the management team is the best case for us, disharmony is the last thing they need up there now, especially after their CEO''s rallying call recently.

"Swansea City have admitted some of their players clashed in training ahead of Sunday''s 1-0 defeat at Chelsea.

The club said it did not condone the incidents but a spokesman insisted the squad had already moved on as they focus on staying in the Premier League.

The statement comes in the wake of reports half a dozen players were involved in training ground fights during an 11 v 11 match as chairman Huw Jenkins looked on."

All good stuff!

If we sneaked 1 win anyone of a few teams could go down. I do not know where that win will come from mind. Our hope may be Liverpool run out of energy following the Hillsborough 25th and the big game against Manchester City

[quote user="Jenkins"]Fulham was our best away performance for some time.[/quote]

It was the best first half for quite some time. But the problem is, you expect that if a new manager has come in after the previous manager has ''lost the dressing room,'' yet that second half was terrible really considering what the game means/meant. However, I think thats partly to do with the naive tactics of using all your energy up in the first half to get a quick goal....but you don''t know what to expect when you hire a person with any experience of league football i guess