Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

Henderson out, Sturridge out

Henderson suspended for Sundays game following his red card (obviously)

Seen a few reports that Sturridge is out for the rest of the season as well.

Good news, we may only lose 4-0 now instead of 7-0

Suares will get his usual two or three, and Gerard will get another couple of penalties.

Don''t get too excited!

That Liverpool back four can really be got at (Even Cardiff scored 3 against them), but if we try and outscore them there''s only going to be one winner! It''s a shame that Suarez didn''t get that 2nd yellow card like he should have done, then we would have been in with a very good chance of taking something away from the game. Never know! I certainly don''t think we''ll lose these last four games like everyone in the media seems to think we will. .

Whilst I would never condone deliberately injuring a player, If Johnson could ''do us a favour'' on Suarez in the opening 10 minutes I would be extremely grateful. Our defence should be able to handle Iago Aspas up front. [;)]

As good as it is that Sturridge won''t play us, I hope it doesn''t affect him for the world cup. He''s one of our only hopes.

Forgive me if I''m wrong but didn''t Suarez pick up his 5th yellow card of the season against Man City, thus ruling him out of the game against us?

There''s a cut off date of the end of the year for 5 yellow cards so he''d have to accumulate 10 to be suspended between then and the end of the season. So unfortunately he will be available for selection against us.

How to deal with Suarez? In the olden days managers used to assign players to man mark. If their marker even went to the loo so did they! It''s my impression that this doesn''t happens so much nowadays. But is there a case for this on Saturday - especially if Sturridge is out through injury?

There''s a cut off date? That is such BS! the point of having a rule if you''re not going to implement it through the entire season...

Radio 5 just said Sturridge is being assessed for Sunday so no guarantee he''s out just yet sadly.

[quote user="The Engineer"]There''s a cut off date? That is such BS! the point of having a rule if you''re not going to implement it through the entire season...[/quote]the rule is 5 before xmas and then 10 after xmas including the first 5, no one is not implementing anything. you cant make the rules up just to suit you

Its 10 at this stage and this weekend games is the cut off. Gerrards on 9 and if he gets booked then he misses next game. Good to see Henderson out, had a good season and is the legs of the midfield, non stop running and bombing forward, Joe Allen or Lucas are totally different to him. I really hope Sturridge is out but have a sneaky feeling he will be fine.

I would prefer to concentrate on our line-up. Do we give RVW another punt and let''s have Yobo back and Martin in his rightful position?

Whatever, I am far more confident with Adams at the helm than the insipid Mr. Hughton.

[quote user="Hopeless Hughton"]Its 10 at this stage and this weekend games is the cut off. Gerrards on 9 and if he gets booked then he misses next game. Good to see Henderson out, had a good season and is the legs of the midfield, non stop running and bombing forward, Joe Allen or Lucas are totally different to him. I really hope Sturridge is out but have a sneaky feeling he will be fine.[/quote]

What I just heard on Radio 5 was that Liverpool are hopeful he''ll be fit for Sunday, which suggests to me he''ll be on our fine pitch come 12pm on Sunday. Just reading one of their forums, we''re just another ''lesser team'' to them - I really hope we put on one of the performances I know this team are capable of, and make those plastic scousers eat their words.

[quote user="Trevor Hockeys Beard"]Only five?

That''s a bit cavalier.[/quote]
Agreed. Hughton played 11 at the back against them and they still stuffed us. 5 is asking for trouble.

Five man midfield with two quick wingers, Redders and Pilks if available.

Liverpool are going to score goals without doubt so we will need to get a few ourselves.

Their defence is not great, partly because they commit so many men forward in attack, we have to be able to counter with pace to take advantage of their defenders who are often left exposed.

I had my first ever football dream last night. In it, we went 2-0 up in the first half against Liverpool this weekend.

I''d love to think it was a premonition, but Ian Crook got the first goal.