Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Pullis

Are we still glad we did not go for him. CP now sitting on 40 points! Should be manager of the season....rock bottom when he took over. We''re Stoke any worst to watch than we have been over the past two seasons?

manager of the season without doubt. He has silenced his critics for a long long time. many clubs missed the opportunity of getting him, well done to palace and him

A very practical manager,  and the sudden love in with him shows what we have always known,  results matter far more than playing style...

Doesn''t have a relegation on his CV. Where he succeeds is that he quickly assesses players'' strengths and weaknesses then devises a style of play that emphasises the strengths and ameliorates the weaknesses. How ''pretty'' the resultant football is depends on the quality of players he has to work with.

Pullis is a winner, possibly why we didn''t want him.

That is the case, winning comes first. The poor style under Hughton just added further animosity to the lack of results.

If you keep playing unentertaining football even if you win I guess a Stoke situation eventually arises but that would be a long way off for us.

If your walking out having won you forget the crap footy pretty quickly.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]Are we still glad we did not go for him.[/quote]I am.I simply cannot advocate dog$hit football just for the purpose of grinding out seasons in the top flight.I''d rather we tried to actually play football and take the potential relegation consequences that this could bring, than turn the club I love into the next Stoke...

I laughed back in November when someone said we should get Pulis to replace Hughton. Not laughing now. Palace have been playing some decent stuff these past four games. Better stuff than us anyway.

Pulis'' first away game as Palace manager was against us. We were 8 points from front of them, I think. Now 8 points behind with four games to go. Pathetic. Utterly pathetic.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]manager of the season without doubt. He has silenced his critics for a long long time. many clubs missed the opportunity of getting him, well done to palace and him[/quote]

in what way has he silenced the critics? Nobody questioned the effectiveness of his ''football'' - not even stoke fans

He will be at Palace for many years to come. Has to be a candidate for manager of the season with Brendan and Martinez if they get top four.

Brendan''s credentials may take a bit of a dip after Sunday.