Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Pens

No chance of any ref giving us a penalty against a top four side, never going to happen unless they are already three goals up and its the last minute of the game.

I always wonder if Keepers would be the best shout. Putting the ball in the net isn''t a particularly challenging technique. I''d say scoring a penalty is 80% mental, 10% luck and 10% technique.

Ruddy would have plenty of experience facing them, so would know a keepers train of thought.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I always wonder if Keepers would be the best shout. Putting the ball in the net isn''t a particularly challenging technique. I''d say scoring a penalty is 80% mental, 10% luck and 10% technique. Ruddy would have plenty of experience facing them, so would know a keepers train of thought.[/quote]

Goalkeepers are often the best "strikers" of the ball in a team, in terms of technique and power... think of all the penalty shoot outs you have seen featuring various sides during the years, ehenever the keeper takes one when do you ever see him miss or it get saved?