Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Hughton to WBA

Perfect fit, a gentle but boring manager for an equally gentle but boring town.

Hughton will go to a club, be successful with free flowing football and bags of goals as he was at Newcastle and Birmingham, the fans will love him and they will look at Norwich and say how unreal our expectations were when we had him here and how badly we treated him.........oh, they''re doing that already......

I wouldn''t call his football free flowing at Birmingham, but it was effective. Did very well at newcastle though, they played some decent stuff. I think he''ll regret not being able to know what he could''ve done here

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Did very well at newcastle though, they played some decent stuff. [/quote]

He did inherit the best squad the Championship had ever seen. That said, plenty of managers have messed up with good squads.

Here his football was defense first, with no thought as to how to score a goal.

If he goes there, it will be interesting to see what players he adds to an already talented squad, and how they perform next season. The present (temporary) manager cleaqrly has not been able to do much with them.

LostTheFaith wrote the following post at 17/04/2014 7:39 AM:

He will do well wherever he goes. Class act. We will regret letting him go. We will finish with no more points.

You pathetic spineless Tenna man, like a big spoiled kid.

One more white flag please!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Hughton will go to a club, be successful with free flowing football and bags of goals as he was at Newcastle and Birmingham, the fans will love him and they will look at Norwich and say how unreal our expectations were when we had him here and how badly we treated him.........oh, they''re doing that already......

[/quote]

Our only expectation was not to be relegated, hardly unrealistic given our squad and the investment.

That being said, I wish him all the best wherever he ends up, shame it didn''t work out here, but it didn''t, no matter how much you wish it had.

A couple of ex Inners really need to let it go........your boy lost.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Hughton will go to a club, be successful with free flowing football and bags of goals as he was at Newcastle and Birmingham, the fans will love him and they will look at Norwich and say how unreal our expectations were when we had him here and how badly we treated him.........oh, they''re doing that already......

[/quote]

Oh dear. How unreal is your take on Hughton''s tenure as our manager. I watched game after game after game of absolute depressing rubbish under "hopeful" Hughton. He set the team up to defend and hoped that we would not concede goals and hoped that we might pinch a winner. When time after time that simplistic strategy failed, Hughton had no clue what else to do. I wish him well but as for free flowing football and bags of goals under Hughton in case you have a short or selective memory that came from the teams we played against when we were managed by good ole hopeful until the situation became hopeless and he had to go..... but should have gone much earlier.

[quote user="Snoots"][quote user="lake district canary"]Hughton will go to a club, be successful with free flowing football and bags of goals as he was at Newcastle and Birmingham, the fans will love him and they will look at Norwich and say how unreal our expectations were when we had him here and how badly we treated him.........oh, they''re doing that already......

[/quote]

Oh dear. How unreal is your take on Hughton''s tenure as our manager. I watched game after game after game of absolute depressing rubbish under "hopeful" Hughton. He set the team up to defend and hoped that we would not concede goals and hoped that we might pinch a winner. When time after time that simplistic strategy failed, Hughton had no clue what else to do. I wish him well but as for free flowing football and bags of goals under Hughton in case you have a short or selective memory that came from the teams we played against when we were managed by good ole hopeful until the situation became hopeless and he had to go..... but should have gone much earlier.[/quote]

You are making broad assumptions.  I never said he was successful here - far from it this season - I merely stated what I think will happen in the future and what happened before he came here.  It didn''t work out at Norwich, I''m well aware - more is the pity - but many outsiders will inevitably wonder why........especially if he does well at his next club. 

[/quote]

Maybe at a Championship side...

Think he''d do well elsewhere, he took us over as we hit our orbital peak with Lambert and he fizzled it out, not a good fit for us at the time, and two extreme styles was not conducive for our progress.

Very pleased he''s gone, and i will not be bitter/jealous if i see him performing well elsewhere - it just wasn''t right for him there, and we''ve done what was right for us.

Yeah, Hughton is what he is. He''s a defensive minded manager who is very reluctant to commit numbers forward to attacking play through fear of being left too open.

As we''ve seen in his time here without a Carroll or a Zigic upfront he''s not got too many ideas. Shouldn''t be much of a surprise that we struggled even more after Holt left.

[quote user="Wiz"]A couple of ex Inners really need to let it go........your boy lost.[/quote]

Dont you think the same can be said about the "outers"

Its not about inners and outers or the sitonthefencers - no one "won",     all of us associated with the club have lost.

[quote user="LostTheFaith"]He will do well wherever he goes. Class act. We will regret letting him go. We will finish with no more points.[/quote]

He is not a class act !

NCFC will never regret getting shot of the Clown !

If we finish with no more points ... he is mostly responsible for ruining our squad .

He has been the most damaging manager since the Rodent .

"lost the sense " more like !

Please let it be so, then we might just be able to offload Bassong and his new 3 year contract.

Surely this is just a re-hash of a story that did the rounds a couple of years ago, he has done little to enhance his employment prospects whilst with us

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-boss-chris-hughton-184305

[quote user="Evil morty"]If Hughton is ever the manager of an entertaining Premier League side I will dedicate my left b ollock to medical research[/quote]

If he''s successful twice are you going to donate the other one as well? Although I think your likely to be safe.