Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

If we go down, what will happen to the squad?

Realistically, how many players do you think we will lose if we get relegated?

Ruddy - will definitely go, likely end up at one of the promoted teams or an also ran like Hull

Martin - will probably stay, not good enough to get a move to a better option

Olson - will probably stay, did with Blackburn

Whittaker - will probably stay, not likely to get a better offer

R Bennett - will probably stay and will be important to us if we do go down

Bassong - will probably stay, who else would want him as he has proved to be a liability a lot this season

Yobo - will be go back to where he came from

Turner - will probably stay but wouldn''t be surprised to SW him end up at a promoted team for his experience

Garrido - will probably stay

Johnson - will probably go, for me has had an alright season when he has p,ayes, has his limitations but puts his shift in

Tettey - will go, has probably been our best player this season

Howson - will probably stay

Hoolahan - will go, if Villa survive, expect Lambert to come calling again

Pilkington - will go but would be perfect for the Championship if we can get him off the treatment table and on the pitch

Redmond - will stay, still has a lot to learn and will flourish in Championship

Snodgrass - will go, likely be off to Celtic.

Elmander - will go back to where he came from

Hooper - will probably stay, unless one of the promoted team makes us a decent offer

RVW - will go. Been a tough year for him. Clearly had something about him but has struggled with English football and will definitely struggle with the physicality of the Championship

Becchio - will probably stay and go back to scoring for fun.

If Adams keeps the job, expect to see the Murphys and some of the other talented kids to be involved.

If this is the case, would we struggle in the championship by losing so many or does it need to happen?

You can insert will definitely stay rather than probably who will want these under performers.

RVW will stay there will be no takers.

Turner out of contract will go maybe back to Hull.

Pilks City have one year option will not let go without exercising option to get a fee of some sort came from Div 2 wages not be too high.

Turner is the best CB at the club, I''ll be astounded if we keep him.

Bassong will go, and I''d expect Olsson to be snapped up too.

No chance of keeping hold of Howson either.

You didn''t mention him but there''s zero chance of Fer sticking around either. What a waste of such a talented squad.

Who do we have to release ie. who will be out of contract?

I believe Turner is, but don''t possess details of the others. There''s a bit of value there but I would like to retain the squad as I feel that''s our best chance of making a counter-attack. 

On a different note, 1 player i would like to see in our squad is Troy Deeney of Watford, whether we in champ or prem im sure we are a bigger draw than Watford. Big strong centre forward who can play up top alone. 40 goals in his last 2 seasons in the champ. Doubt he will be more than £3m mark.

If we do stay up would like to see us make a move for James Mcarthur of Wigan, great little player in the midfield.

I''d be happy enough if our starting 18 looked like this

Bunn

Martin Turner Bennett Ollson

Bennett Johnson Arter Redmond

Assombalonga Hooper

Subs

Rudd Whittaker Murphy Surman Morris New CB New CM

Arter and Assombalonga would probably cost a combined 8 million, spend a couple of million on two new signings and desperately try to keep Turner, Redmond and Hooper here!

Oh and if we couldn''t get Rosler or someone equally as impressive then keep Adams in charge. I saw enough from the Fulham game to impress me. Players were more motivated than ever and when the cohesion comes back, an effective, attacking Lambert-esqe tactical approach that will keep the fans onside and with that team should storm the league!

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]Oh and if we couldn''t get Rosler or someone equally as impressive then keep Adams in charge. I saw enough from the Fulham game to impress me. Players were more motivated than ever and when the cohesion comes back, an effective, attacking Lambert-esqe tactical approach that will keep the fans onside and with that team should storm the league![/quote]

You''re gonna judge the whole of next season on one game against fulham which we lost and Fulham were terrible. Have to admit, we did look good for 45 mins though.

i think if we go down all of there squad numbers should be put in a hat and 5 drawn out after the arsenal game, those 5 should be tied to a post and receive 100 lashes  in the centre circle with the cloud cheering each blow , this would replace the lap of honour OTBC

[quote user="Hopeless Hughton"]On a different note, 1 player i would like to see in our squad is Troy Deeney of Watford, whether we in champ or prem im sure we are a bigger draw than Watford. Big strong centre forward who can play up top alone. 40 goals in his last 2 seasons in the champ. Doubt he will be more than £3m mark. . [/quote]

Yup. I don''t think that''s a bad shout. He''s strong but he can run a bit and he''s a threat inside and outside the box.

Could have done with him in the squad this season.

Leroy Fer then is a given then he is on his bike as he''s not been mentioned ?

RvW I would not be surprised if "by mutual consent" he is released from his contract and he''s back to Holland for Vitesse Arnhem or similar.

This thread leaves me feeling like I have been living in a really big house for the past two years only to be told that,instead of building the planned extension, I have to move into a bedsit.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]If we stay up and wigan don''t go up, I hope we get Rosler[/quote]

Yes please, with Adams as No.2 or in the senior staff.

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]Oh and if we couldn''t get Rosler or someone equally as impressive then keep Adams in charge. I saw enough from the Fulham game to impress me. Players were more motivated than ever and when the cohesion comes back, an effective, attacking Lambert-esqe tactical approach that will keep the fans onside and with that team should storm the league![/quote]

You''re gonna judge the whole of next season on one game against fulham which we lost and Fulham were terrible. Have to admit, we did look good for 45 mins though.[/quote]

No, I was just saying I like his approach. If he''d had more than 5 days to install some cohesion into the system I''m sure it would have been more effective. If we could keep our squad together and play that same high pressing, high intensity attacking football that''s Adams wants us to I''m sure we''d do well in the championship

There are other currently out players - Surman and Fox. I suspect we shall let Surman go, if Bournemouth make even a half-decent offer.

Fox I think may be due for a new contract. It will be interesting to see what they make of him.

For what it''s worth, I suspect that Becchio will be off, possibly to Leeds, as he has seemed out of favour.

Those that could be snapped up could include Ruddy, Fer (-already on Wet Spam shopping list), Redmond, Snodgrass, Olsson, Redmond. Some of these could attract bargain, i.e. derisory offers, and it will be a test of their loyalty.

We will be in a good position where we dont need to sell unless a good offer is made.

I think Ruddy, Fer, Snodgrass will attract a few teams.

I think we may look to ship a couple of the higher earners off the books, ie Bassong and RVW.

I think the fringe players like Whittaker, Fox, Surman, Becchio could leave and i think Hoolahan will want to move on.

Bunn

Martin Bennett Turner Olsson

Bennett Howson Johnson Redmond

Hooper and someone else

Im a big Pilkington fan but i get the impression he wants out.