Sign in to follow this  
Wizard of Waveney

Has Waveney been right all along?

Chris Hughton was clearly a mistake keeping him so long this season. Adams seems like a panic appointment. Malky etc don''t excite me at all.

I wonder if Waveney is right. would the right thing be to bring back Paul Lambert. In nothing else he would give confidence to the fans

He won''t be interested in coming back to  a place that he couldn''t wait to leave in the first place-"the return", come on, he supposedly tried to leave twice before he eventually did, why on earth would he now want to come back to a club which he felt he had outgrown and to people who he, we are led to believe, doesn''t get on with?

The gag has more than ran its course now. It isn''t going to happen.

Lambert might be begging us to take him back by June.I can''t see him being offered a Premier League job anywhere when Villa give him the boot.

I would love Paul Lambert to come back - in my head. In that fantasy world, bridges would be mended, betrayals forgotten and the messiah would work his magic again. BUT, the reality would never match the fantasy.

As we learned with the return of Mike Walker, the level of expectation is too high, and you end up questioning everything that came before.

The times with both Mike Walker and Paul Lambert were one-off events. A combination of multiple factors based on fan psychology, team and individual player psychology and a number of unique opportunities that came our way at the right time. You could argue this for a number of managers who had their purple patch but never reproduced anywhere else again. We buy into this idea that it was all down to the manager (and indeed a fair point for the Hughton Innners comes from this that we also buy into this idea that all misfortune is the managers fault as well) - but if PL came back it would be a massive anti-climax.

Those were special years, and like all relationships, very much a product of the moment, but almost certainly un-reproducable. They say never go back for a reason - and there is much wisdom behind this. The romantic in me says we could have those times again, but what happened before killed it dead and we can never get those times back again. When Sinead O''Connor sang Nothing Compares To You, what she probably didnt realise was that if she had got her lover back, it just would have been crap and they''d have broken up again a few weeks later anyway! You have to deal with reality, not fantasy. As much as my heart says PL coming back would be amazing, my head says that it wouldnt and we need to move on.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I think Waveney and many others hae been right.

But we only got shot down every time![/quote]

You talk as if he''s already here?