Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

NA - "We're confident, we've identified a weakness"

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/20140418-neil-adams-norwich-city-liverpool-preview-1495643.aspx?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ensKA5Xu-Jo
Love the positivity, reminds me of when Walker came out and said Lothar Matthaus was the weak link in Bayern''s team. World cup winner, World footballer of the year the previous year IIRC.
The upset is on. Wink [;)]
OTBC

The last home game was a must win and maybe that got to the players. They couldn''t handle the expectation of gaining the three points which would almost certainly have guaranteed survival.

For this game they have no pressure; no one expects anything from them and providing that doesn''t stray into sloppiness or bassongnessity they might just produce a good performance and make a real game of it.

The best way to defend against Liverpool is to attack them. if they win the title they will do so with the poorest defence for many a year. However, in attacking them you have to carry a goal threat and there we fall down unless the Wolf finally proves that every dog does indeed have his day.

I too love the positivity. NA certainly talks the talk. But will he walk the walk?

"The best way to defend against Liverpool is to attack them".....respect your view and would agree if we were a Manchester United, Arsenal or Man City at home......BUT......if we attack them as our main tactic we will suffer yet another tonking as they will take us apart or at the very least will not out score them. I''m not saying we park the bus, but certainly have to go the route where organised defending is a priority and we limit the opportunities they create. Other than that, how we do it, well I havnt got a clue....but clearly Adams has.....sounds good to me..... 

The last time we got anything from Liverpool, DM, we attacked them as much as they attacked us. An amazing last second save by Ruddy preserved the point, but we never played for a tie or to avoid a beating, and we took them to the limit.

I simply cannot see any way that we will get anything from this game.

But I''m not paid to and if Neil Adams can see something and delivers a point (or three) he will truly be our new Messiah.

We are playing a team who believe they are destined to win the title; who have one if not two of the top 5 players in the world playing for them at the moment in Suarez and Sturridge (OK he might be injured); who are playing to give Stevie G his PL title; who are looking for their 11th straight win.

If Neil Adams gets us 3 points from where we are it would be the second best result in our history (can never beat Bayern Munich away)

I think the worst thing we could possibly do is go out against Liverpool and attack without any consideration for our defence. This Liverpool team thrive on the counter-attack and their ability to attack very directly using the pace of Sterling, Suarez and possibly Sturridge means we can''t afford to attack recklessly and provide them with the space they can use to counter. 
However, as many have pointed out, Liverpool''s defence is far from secure. They press well defensively but their shape is very poor, particularly amongst the back four. That is a weakness we have to exploit. Another weakness happens to be their most influential player, Steven Gerrard. Gerrard is very good at recycling possession in that deeper role but his defensive positioning is still suspect and he is far less mobile than he was in his younger years. A player in that no. 10 role will have plenty of space to play in because of Gerrard''s positioning and his lack of discipline means he may get sent off if confronted by a player that forces him to play on the defensive. The pace of Redmond would trouble him, as would the movement, pressing and all-around creativity of Hoolahan.
So, attack but not to such an extent that you forget all discipline and allow them to counter and try to put pressure on Gerrard to defend as he will either get sent off or make a defensive error you can exploit.

Its good to hear our manager going back to a positive front foot state of mind and telling the players they can win games.Its no wonder  the team Hughton sent out struggled to win and show confidence once he had bigged-up the opposition so much.

Mamadou Sakho is certainly a weakness in their team but i''m sure he''s not talking about an individual player!

@NorwichCityFC: "We''ve got to make it a ''messy'' game for them." #NCFC midfielder @Bradley4Johnson looks ahead to @LFC clash.

I like "messy"

I can''t remember who said that the best defence against Liverpool is to attack them, but that''s simply not true given that their game revolves around fast counter attacking. They''ll want us to attack them in numbers.

What I have said along with many others is the way to play them is counterattack with pace.

They are weak defensively, mainly because they commit so many players forward, so it''s a game made for Redmond, Pilks if he is up for the fight, and Olsson.

We will have to score goals because they will, so it''s not about attack but attack on the counter.

That was roughly what I was going to say Bor.

Get Bradders to have a word in Gerrard''s shell like, about handling the pressure ,and give him a kick when you do it.

Spot on Bor. There will be plenty of spineless white flag wavers in the crowd, we want to get into em on the pitch, first target the chipmunks teeth.

Just makes me a whole lot happier as we dont have a manager saying what THEIR strengths are before the game.

get Johnson to hoof Suarez into the first row in the first minute. dig a pot hole on the penalty spot each end liverpool kick hope gerrard falls in it.

Then maybe we have a chance to keep it at 0-3

[quote user="Jenkins"]Spot on Bor. There will be plenty of spineless white flag wavers in the crowd, we want to get into em on the pitch, first target the chipmunks teeth.[/quote]

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! [Y]

what happens if a fan runs onto the pitch and slide tackles suarez? Does the game get called off or do you keep on going and the club get fined?

...I may have a plan

[quote user="mrs miggins"]what happens if a fan runs onto the pitch and slide tackles suarez? Does the game get called off or do you keep on going and the club get fined?

...I may have a plan[/quote]
You wouldn''t make any contact. Suarez would be 5 foot in the air before you were within 3 metres of him. Diving little c*nt