Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Atmosphere

Last night PAOK played Olympiacos in a Greek cup semi-final first leg. And this was the scene beforehand. pic.twitter.com/Bzyo4e108B

Isnt it a shame that its all sit down, behave and clap politely in england ?

I think you''ll find wavey, that what happened at Hillsborough was more to do with organisation, policing and stewarding failures and not much to do with the passion of the fans, still , nice of you to respond.

Herman, it would be interesting to know, was the atmosphere savoury or unsavoury ? i''ve been to games in Maroc and The Gambia where the atmosphere was crazy buy not intimidating.....had a child with me at one and the ''lunatic fringe'' were more concerned that he got a good view, lifting him up and pointing out key players.

There were flares at Cork City v Shamrock Rovers last week, gave everyone a lift, certainly added to the atmosphere.

It was a weird one. Not threatening or scary, but as they were playing their local rivals, a ''Jewish'' team, there were a few hand signals which left a bad taste. The best thing, as seen in the video, was a guy with a load hailer, geeing on the crowd all the time.

The stadium was in a terrible state in a rundown part of the city, and a low turnout made segregation easy for the police. The closest thing I could compare it with is Luton in the 80''s.

I''d recommend it, so long as you stay sensible, and are prepared for an ''old school'' experience.

I was born in Bantry. Mother was a Norwich Fan for some reason. Live up in Donegal now.

Are you part of the English ''recycle toilet paper'' brigade?

''Are you part of the English ''recycle toilet paper'' brigade? ''

Only if its Blue and White, nah mate, no beardy weirdy, no yoghurt weaving and my kids arent called Willow and Sunrise. Lived here for last 26 years and met plenty of them.

Kyle McFadden from the u21s is from Donegal ..........good piece of ''local'' info for ya when you''re in the Pub and need summat ''local'' to say.

Cool. Must of exploded down there in recent years. I remember coming back to West Cork after being away from some years. The amount of ''alternative do gooder blown in types'' were amazing (I''m guilty of that, but you know yourself it can get a bit tiresome when some oxbridge sounding snob goes on at length about how he''''s building his house out of human excrement''.)

But, good to know there are other City fans in the country. Went to Norwich for the first time a couple of years back and really liked the city. Was really warm and I made friends with a fire breathing pirate outside Boots. Those were good days.