Sign in to follow this  
Dubai Mark

City manager bigs up opposition shocker......

A few on here will be disgusted by our manager bigging up Liverpool, what ever next!

But seriously, he balanced it really well with some really confident words about their run has to come to an end sometime and why not by us, they have weaknesses to exploit and that we are confident.......................OTBC....why not......

What Adams said was reasonable and balanced, even if it was uttered to encourage us. He claimed that Liverpool are currently the best team, by being top, and have won 10 consecutive games. No one would dispute this, surely? He made the obvious statement that all runs come to an end. Why not at CR, where we have humbled more than one of the big teams in the past few seasons?

He is going for a win, and is certainly more positive than the ultra cautious Hughton, and he claims to have identified potential areas of weakness in the Liverpool side. He seems confident that we shall create chances.

For me the most important point was his belief that the cauldron of noise and emotion can be a strong weapon for us, but that we shall never maximise this unless his team provide the crowd with something about which to enthuse and have hope.

All in all, I thought it a very balanced and yet encouraging statement. I live 200 miles away, so I can''t get to CR , but what he said encouraged me, and gave me a slight hope that it might not be the walkover many of us were dreading. Liverpool may win, but it will not be a walk in the park, if our team show the same commitment as at Fulham, keep to the plan and maintain their concentration.

I think the point that was being made by the OP was that every manager does this, but it was just used as a stick against Hughton when he did it.

[quote user="morty"]I think the point that was being made by the OP was that every manager does this, but it was just used as a stick against Hughton when he did it.[/quote]

Hughton was proved to be a clueless idiot ....get over it !

others would prefer to note a new optimism ,,, something which had become rae around this forum .

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="morty"]I think the point that was being made by the OP was that every manager does this, but it was just used as a stick against Hughton when he did it.[/quote]

others would prefer to note a new optimism ,,, something which had become rae around this forum .[/quote]Eh?Where am I saying I''m somehow"not over it"Virtually anything was used as a stick against Hughton by those who wanted him out, stop me when I''m lying or being, in some way, inaccurate.

Morty,

Yep, I agree, it was used as a stick to beat him with but let''s be frank, he did provide the amunition (stick).

The difference imo, is that NA is honest about the oppo but stops at that, he then goes on to say far more positive stuff about US.

Now assuming that the managers say the same thing in the dressing room, and I know CH did, if not even more negative, then this will definitely affect the players mindset. It is impossible not to, it''s a bit like a judge saying, "the jury will disregard the last remark", oh yeah, well how are they going to do that then?

Words are incredibly powerful and have a dramatic affect on performance.

So, do the right words guarantee a win, of course not, do they make it more likely, absolutely.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="morty"]I think the point that was being made by the OP was that every manager does this, but it was just used as a stick against Hughton when he did it.
[/quote] Hughton was proved to be a clueless idiot ....get over it ! others would prefer to note a new optimism ,,, something which had become rae around this forum .[/quote]

Eh?

Where am I saying I''m somehow"not over it"

Virtually anything was used as a stick against Hughton by those who wanted him out, stop me when I''m lying or being, in some way, inaccurate.
[/quote]

Yes and thank Gawd it worked![Y]

[quote user="Ray"]Morty,

Yep, I agree, it was used as a stick to beat him with but let''s be frank, he did provide the amunition (stick).

The difference imo, is that NA is honest about the oppo but stops at that, he then goes on to say far more positive stuff about US.

Now assuming that the managers say the same thing in the dressing room, and I know CH did, if not even more negative, then this will definitely affect the players mindset. It is impossible not to, it''s a bit like a judge saying, "the jury will disregard the last remark", oh yeah, well how are they going to do that then?

Words are incredibly powerful and have a dramatic affect on performance.

So, do the right words guarantee a win, of course not, do they make it more likely, absolutely.[/quote]Ray, we will never have the full story.Whether it was Hughton''s negative approach, lack of quality in the players, whatever.But I think people very much saw and heard what they wanted to.Sorry but I don''t believe that he was as negative as you say in the dressing room.

I''m going to disagree with you Morty, trust me on this one, well in fact whenever I state a fact trust me, it will not be an opinion, unlike many on here, it will be a fact.

Hope that helps?

Wouldn''t it be funny if Neil Adams just started lying......

(Imaginary) Press Conference could something like this: We have nothing to fear against Liverpool. They are a poorly organized team who haven''t won all season. There players have cheese for teeth, and spindly little legs made from poorly grown bamboo (bamboo grown in some nasty part of midland Spain, dug into hot clay behind a derelict factory).

Any perceived success they have enjoyed this season can be explained by the negative light phenomenon, and anyway I will be lining up my players with state of the art automatic weapons this week.

[quote user="Ray"]I''m going to disagree with you Morty, trust me on this one, well in fact whenever I state a fact trust me, it will not be an opinion, unlike many on here, it will be a fact.

Hope that helps?[/quote]I kind of know what you''re hinting at here Ray, but unless you''re an actual player, or member of the management team then what you are doing is trusting someone elses opinion on this.Of course there will have been players that had a dislike of how Hughton played, I should imagine that its very rare that every single player in a squad has undying love for his gaffer.

[quote user="Barclay seats 48-49 the 3rd"][quote user="morty"]I think the point that was being made by the OP was that every manager does this, but it was just used as a stick against Hughton when he did it.[/quote]

others would prefer to note a new optimism ,,, something which had become rae around this forum .[/quote]Don''t worry, that''ll soon fade and be replaced by boundless negativity, in-fighting and insults.For example, if you need two seats you must be a right old fat ar$e.

Morty,

Yes I am trusting someone else, someone I believe to be extremely trustworthy, but it''s not their opinion I am trusting.

And just to clear up one point, it wasn''t so much how he played, it what was he said, whether or not an individual had undying love is sort of irrelevant.

[quote user="Ray"]Morty,

Yes I am trusting someone else, someone I believe to be extremely trustworthy, but it''s not their opinion I am trusting.

And just to clear up one point, it wasn''t so much how he played, it what was he said, whether or not an individual had undying love is sort of irrelevant.[/quote][Y]

With CH everything he did was seems wrong by some.

Playing Ricky

Not playing Hooper

Not playing Wes

In edged wingers

Etc etc

Adams gets of lightly but this afternoon he may well have us into the relagation zone. Tin pot appointment to appease the pitchfork wielding yokels.

The truth come out. We will get nought out of the last four games with Adams in charge.

[quote user="LostTheFaith"]In edged wingers[/quote]What''s an in edged winger? If they''re are on the edge (or wing), how can they be in? [:^)]

I think we should play.....guess which Norwich City player or member of staff Ray is pals with?

Can I go first and suggest it is either Wes Hoolahan (or he IS Wes) or its one of the groundsmen at Colney (or he IS a groundsman at Colney)......in fact I know he is Wes Hoolahan, but I cant tell you who told me, just trust me :-)

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

I think we should play.....guess which Norwich City player or member of staff Ray is pals with?

Can I go first and suggest it is either Wes Hoolahan (or he IS Wes) or its one of the groundsmen at Colney (or he IS a groundsman at Colney)......in fact I know he is Wes Hoolahan, but I cant tell you who told me, just trust me :-)

[/quote]Hmmm... could be Pilkington, he seems to want to leave.  Maybe Moro or Holt, they both wanted out asap.  Perhaps even RvW.http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9272894/premier-league-leighton-baines-says-everton-more-positive-under-roberto-martinez

[quote user="LostTheFaith"]With CH everything he did was seems wrong by some.

Playing Ricky

Not playing Hooper

Not playing Wes

In edged wingers

Etc etc

Adams gets of lightly but this afternoon he may well have us into the relagation zone. Tin pot appointment to appease the pitchfork wielding yokels.

The truth come out. We will get nought out of the last four games with Adams in charge.[/quote]

So only keep the faith as long as your idol Hughton is in charge then? We should all suddenly give up now since the change despite your constant rallying calls when that moron was in charge before?

Fu(k off and support whatever club Hughton manages next then, now that the poisonous cloud of negativity and defeatism has been finally lifted from the club the rest of us would prefer to remain hopeful and support and encourage our new manager.

Also there is a difference between conceding what a great side Liverpool are at the moment and warning the players and supporters about the great ''quality'' of team like Palace and Hull and how we need to adjust to combat their massive threat like it always was under Hughton

Gentlemen,

All I have to add is;

Where fools rush in...

Meaning; The rash or inexperienced will attempt things that wiser people are more cautious of.

Plus, you all appearing to be working on the singular!!

Here''s to a win tomorrow & next Saturday and then all our worries will be over and we can set about naming the players we want to see come in.

[quote user="LostTheFaith"]With CH everything he did was seems wrong by some.

Playing Ricky

Not playing Hooper

Not playing Wes

In edged wingers

Etc etc

The truth come out. We will get nought out of the last four games with Adams in charge.[/quote]
Fu(k off. You''re boring.
If you''re trolling, then I suggest you practice a bit more as you''re not very good at it. If you believe what you''re typing and you''re being genuine, then you''re a fu(kwit who''s opinion is worthless anyway.
Either way, your posts are tedious and moronic in the extreme, and I would wager that your life is incredibly dull.

So it was ok for you and others to bash CH with every unfounded stick there was and now we all got to shut up and fall I to line. Glad scho is back next week!

My 50+ years of life have been as full and as much fun as can be crammed In. Supporting Norwich whoever is playing or managing, 3 sons all 100% Norwich supporters ( no plastics In my house), building a kit car and countless other things. It is narrow minded blinkered supporters like you that we do not need.

Many people are of the snake opinion as me but choose to have a life on not post on forums that are dominated by parole with an axe to grind and find fault In most everything.

No one has been happy with the form this year but the semi t majority were "content" as just staying in this league is one hell of an achievement for a club of our ilk.

Come back when you have been to over 600 home games and seen how bad it can really get. Spoilt we are.

"So it was ok for you and others to bash CH with every unfounded stick there was and now we all got to shut up and fall I to line."

------------

Yes thats right

[quote user="LostTheFaith"]So it was ok for you and others to bash CH with every unfounded stick there was and now we all got to shut up and fall I to line. Glad scho is back next week!

My 50+ years of life have been as full and as much fun as can be crammed In. Supporting Norwich whoever is playing or managing, 3 sons all 100% Norwich supporters ( no plastics In my house), building a kit car and countless other things. It is narrow minded blinkered supporters like you that we do not need.

Many people are of the snake opinion as me but choose to have a life on not post on forums that are dominated by parole with an axe to grind and find fault In most everything.

No one has been happy with the form this year but the semi t majority were "content" as just staying in this league is one hell of an achievement for a club of our ilk.

Come back when you have been to over 600 home games and seen how bad it can really get. Spoilt we are.[/quote]
I never bashed CH with an unfounded stick. I bashed him for his abject failings as a manager but I wasn''t in the crowd that blamed him for all the combined ills of their lives. Particularly ironic when you''re sat there bashing Adams as a "tinpot appointment" who is guaranteed to take us down based upon ONE GAME. Hypocritical and incredibly stupid - nice combo.
Not true, I think you will you will find that most people are of the opinion that you''re absolutely, 100% wrong and getting rid of Hughton was badly timed, but given the circumstances was absolutely the right thing to do. Most people are of the opinion that it should have been done sooner.
I''ve seen exactly how bad it can get, I follow them away more than at home as I''m an exile, so I would venture I''ve probably seen a comparable amount of utterly $hite performances. Under Hughton was the least enjoyable period of my 25+ years supporting Norwich. Even under Roeder we played better football. I would rather go down under someone else than stay in the Prem with Hughton and have to watch that gutless $hit every week.
If the highlight of your life was building a kit car, well, each to their own, but it doesn''t sound all that brilliant to me.