Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Did we approach Glenn Hoddle?

Just seen an article on the sky sports football mobile app with Glenn Hoddle.

He starts off with the usual twaddle about how much he loves Spurs etc but goes on to say he''s had a number of offers to return to management, most recently last week, and suggests he turned down the offer.

Were we the club to make this offer? the timing seems to fit and I cant think who else the offer would have come from at this stage in the season?

Thoughts?

Direct quote ''"I have had many, many offers, lots of different offers, even one last week that was quite tempting but at the moment I am quite happy doing my punditry and getting on."

Full article link

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/21564/9273280/glenn-hoddle-reveals-how-close-he-came-to-returning-to-tottenham-as-manager

Maybe the Norfolk Coalition for the Disabled were looking for a new Chief Executive. Oh, hang on......

We approached him but unfortunately the Norwich representative had a slight limp....so he hit them in the face for good measure. He didn''t get the job.

I wrote to him on some Norwich City stationery I swiped from the club shop while my grandson was trying to get "V. Wolfswinkel" removed from his replica shirt."Dear Glenn,Please come and manage our football club, you have executive hair and a decent record.  You can use the boardroom for your faith healing whatnots, and if you want to have David Icke round for tea then that''s fine too.Love,Delia"Reckon he didn''t spot the cunning forgery.