Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Turn this list upside down!

Just looking at the experienced managers from that list, ie those who started managing pre-2000, they can be divided into two groups; those who started out before the Premier League was formed and those that went into management since. The latter are Worthington, Billy Davies and Alex McLeish each of whom for various reasons aren''t high on anyone''s shortlist.Assuming we''re trying to get promoted from the Championship next season we would therefore have the following veterans to pick from :-Neil Warnock 20/1 - Good promotion record, recent Champs experience.Alan Curbishley 33/1 - Not much recent experience in the 2nd tier.Mick McCarthy 33/1 - Binner.Ralf Rangnick 33/1 - Very experienced, but German.Martin O''Neill 40/1 - Can''t see him leaving Ireland.Glenn Hoddle 50/1 - The best qualified, good with youth development.I would go for either Warnock, Hoddle or Curbishley. Else we could try and start building for the long term by either sticking with Adams or going for a non-veteran committed to playing the old pre-1998 Norwich way (Rosler?).Before anyone laughs at Warnock, he''d be a good one for actually getting us up, as opposed to relying on whoever''s flavour of the month but hasn''t got much of a track record or experience at that level.

For the record I''m sticking with Adams, up or down.

It''s good to see a man nail his colours so firmly to the mast Wiz. Well done.

If only the rest could get behind the manager and cut all these threads designed to undermine him.

Hoddle is the only sensible choice from that list IMO, doubt he''d give a Championship side a go though. Need to revisit this list when we know the division we''re playing in next season.

Neil Warnock and the "Norwich managers job interview 1998"

Neil Warnock’s chances of taking charge at Norwich lasted for as long

as it took him to answer the first ­question in his interview with the

Canaries board, writes Ian Winrow.

The QPR manager was in the running for the Carrow Road job in 1998, but missed out when City opted to appoint Bruce Rioch.

Warnock

has given Delia Smith stick about it ever since – and will remind the

Canaries co-owner about the incident when Rangers arrive in East Anglia

for Saturday''s match.

The Yorkshireman admits, though, he knew there would have been a clash of cultures right from the outset.

He said: “They gave me a 40-page dossier to fill in before I got

there and I knew I was struggling when the first question was asked.

“One

of the old guys who sat round the table said, ‘Do you think your style

of football would go down well with the Norwich fans?’

“So I took a deep breath, looked around the table one by one and said, ‘What do you mean - winning? I think they’ll enjoy that.’

“And then I thought to myself, ‘You haven’t got this job, Pal!’

"I

think Delia was around then, although she wasn’t in charge. But I rib

her about it now and then, especially when they are struggling.”

Warnock

insists he has no hard feelings, and added: “It’s a great place, I love

the club, with Delia and her mother. And I think her mother loves me

because we’re a similar age

Blimey. If we appoint Hoddle or Warnock i think i may well lose the urge to take any interest at all. All past it.If we go down i suspect the list will be between Adams and Mackay.If we stay up the list will almost certainly be much more inspiring.

[quote user="Jenkins"]It''s good to see a man nail his colours so firmly to the mast Wiz. Well done.

If only the rest could get behind the manager and cut all these threads designed to undermine him.[/quote]

Now that does make me smile.

I just don''t get how Hoddle is considered a viable candidate. Not managed in nearly a decade, did a terrible job at Wolves, this reputationthat he is a fantastic coach seems to have come out of nowhere.

Doesn''t anyone else think stealing McCarthy from the binners and then being promoted would *almost* be worth the downsides?

Wiz wrote the following post at 19/04/2014 9:17 AM:

For the record I''m sticking with Adams, up or down.

---------------------------

I didn''t know your relationship went that deep