lake district canary

Turn this list upside down!

N Worthington

12/1                            

[quote user="lake district canary"]

N Worthington

12/1                            

[/quote]

LDC, I got some sever stick on here some months ago when I suggested Hoddle. But, he would be my number one choice and I really think would be ideal for our club. He is an excellent coach and very well connected, plus would give us a bit of profile and would probably bring a quality coaching team with him. Dont think it will happen though, but not one of the others appeal to me, although should we go down, then we will of course end up with at best a Malkay I guess......oh and as for Worthington, why would he even be remotely interested after the way he was treated by a significant majority of our fans leading up to when he was removed..no chance.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]There is one obvious name missing from the list and I don''t need to spell out who that is![/quote]I''ll do it for you:Francesco Guidolin...

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]LDC, I got some sever stick on here some months ago when I suggested Hoddle. But, he would be my number one choice and I really think would be ideal for our club. He is an excellent coach and very well connected, plus would give us a bit of profile and would probably bring a quality coaching team with him. Dont think it will happen though, but not one of the others appeal to me, although should we go down, then we will of course end up with at best a Malkay I guess......oh and as for Worthington, why would he even be remotely interested after the way he was treated by a significant majority of our fans leading up to when he was removed..no chance.[/quote]

I think our fans in the Community Stand may well disagree with you Mark............and in the interest of karma I do too![:@]

Are you really that bitter Wiz?

His comments were stupid. Misguided. But really not worth him getting sacked for and not worth him not getting a job here if he were the right man for the job.

If you''ve really taken what he said so personally that too me suggests you have some serious deeper lying issues.

Paul ince for me,

na just kidding, would like to a young upcoming coach like neil adams, or a paul clement gary neville type.

I would agree with Wiz for once, he''s an awful human being. Wouldn''t want him at the club. That said, I wouldn''t want any of that list.

Wiz totally respect your view on this, but this goes back to 1999 and you refer to a comment that was a small part of an interview that the press and others blew out of all proportion, sure he has some views spritually that many of us would disagree with and perhaps find strange, but thats life.

I also understand that he has always done a lot of good work for those not as fortunate as others, but that is never given a headline is it.

The problem is, that you could just about guarantee that every candidate will have some sort of skeleton in the cupboard.......hey, if you were on the short list you may have a dark secret too, or even, heaven forbid, said something that others may be offended by (oh hang on a minute), but that wouldnt exclude you from applying for a job or even being offered a job.

Yep...HODDLE IN !!!!!!   

If Adams manages to keep us in this division with 4 or more points, I''d be surprised if he wasn''t given the gig on a full time basis.

Top 3 favourites would do a decent job with the right backing, as we cannot keep paying the lowest wages in the Prem and expect to stay in the league.

My preferred choice would be Uwe Rosler, but doubt if we could get him away from Wigan.

I think Hoddle is past his sell by date, I seem to remember Wolves were pretty woeful with him as Manager, could not win games, did not score many goals and that was in the Championship.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Are you really that bitter Wiz? His comments were stupid. Misguided. But really not worth him getting sacked for and not worth him not getting a job here if he were the right man for the job. If you''ve really taken what he said so personally that too me suggests you have some serious deeper lying issues.[/quote]

Too damn right I have deep rooted issues GP, its called muscular dystrophy which according to scum Hoddle is all my own fault because of a previous life I led!

That was an evil and wicked thing to say.

God forbid you ever step into my world mate but if you did you''d see the issue slightly differently I''d wager.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]If Adams manages to keep us in this division with 4 or more points, I''d be surprised if he wasn''t given the gig on a full time basis.[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

I''m not sure of Bielsa tbh. He''s got a good record at international level, but poor at club level, but he plays good football, yet i''d be worried about his training methods with our group

The new manager thing only becomes exciting if we were some to somehow find a miracle and stay up , go down and its Malky or Adams .As for the opening poster deriding the names on the list , well after your fanatical support of Clueless Chris i doubt you are the best person to evaluate a managers claims to do the job , nobody on this entire messageboard got it more wrong than you .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]The new manager thing only becomes exciting if we were some to somehow find a miracle and stay up , go down and its Malky or Adams .As for the opening poster deriding the names on the list , well after your fanatical support of Clueless Chris i doubt you are the best person to evaluate a managers claims to do the job , nobody on this entire messageboard got it more wrong than you .[/quote]

Its all about opinions.  As for being wrong, we''ll never know - in my opinion Hughton was just as likely to keep us up in the present circumstances as Adams, when you think back to the Man City and Spurs matches.     But now we have Adams and renewed positivity which is great. Long may that continue.

As for me evaluating a possible manager - I can do that at least as well - or at least as badly - as 99% of people on here.   Choosing/hiring/evaluating a manager is a lottery, as we well know - and choosing someone that will be much better than Hughton is not going to be as easy as some seem to think. 

I agree with C1.

All the wrongers (formerly inners) said the change, if it was going to be made, would happen in the off-season. Oops!

They also said the board knows what it''s doing, and yet they seem to have set Adams up for failure when a much earlier change would hsve given him, or anyone, time to rid the team of the bad habits and loser mentality, and to implement and practice a better strategy.

They also insisted CH was the best man for the job although now their comments suggest he wasn''t getting the job done.

The most surprising thing about ldc''s post is that his favorite to take over ISN''T Chris Hughton.

My mistake! As I was typing my comment, LDC was busy claiming Hughton still was the man despite our accelerating decline.

He wants to think back to the ManC and Spurs games. In those 4 games we earned 4 points and a -8 goal difference. And that''s his highlight!?!?!?

How about the Fulham and Cardiff games, too? 1 point out of a possible 12 plus a humiliating cup exit.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I agree with C1.

All the wrongers (formerly inners) said the change, if it was going to be made, would happen in the off-season. Oops!

They also said the board knows what it''s doing, and yet they seem to have set Adams up for failure when a much earlier change would hsve given him, or anyone, time to rid the team of the bad habits and loser mentality, and to implement and practice a better strategy.

They also insisted CH was the best man for the job although now their comments suggest he wasn''t getting the job done.

The most surprising thing about ldc''s post is that his favorite to take over ISN''T Chris Hughton.[/quote]

Like I said, its a lottery when it comes to choosing managers.   Worthy was sacked in  2006 after a lot of fan discontent - that went well, didn''t it........

If you are so clever - and as you like to crow so much about what you

see as some kind of  non-existent victory - perhaps you could enlighten us on your

choice of manager??

At least you''ve built a stash of good karma in this current life with your open minded and fair attitude to women, homosexuals, black people, muslims and the Japanese.

So after standing up for a hopeless manager for months the OP seeks to undermine Neil Adams by suggesting his successor while Adams is in role and trying to pull us out of the fire.

You couldn''t make it up!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So after standing up for a hopeless manager for months the OP seeks to undermine Neil Adams by suggesting his successor while Adams is in role and trying to pull us out of the fire.

You couldn''t make it up![/quote]

Err....I think you''ll find plenty of people have been speculating on here, not just me.  I merely reported on a betting scenario I found.  Some people need to get a grip.