Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Is Liverpool our toughest remaining game?

Here''s a crumb of comfort as we look to spend another weekend outside the relegation zone, is the Liverpool game the toughest we have left?

Man Utd are pants, Chelsea have Champions League distractions and will achieve qualification for next season while knowing Liverpool are likely to win the league. They are not as good as Liverpool and can be stifled.

Arsenal are beatable at Carrow Road.

Anything this weekend is a bonus then it''s grab a draw and look to beat Arsenal.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Here''s a crumb of comfort as we look to spend another weekend outside the relegation zone, is the Liverpool game the toughest we have left?

Man Utd are pants, Chelsea have Champions League distractions and will achieve qualification for next season while knowing Liverpool are likely to win the league. They are not as good as Liverpool and can be stifled.

Arsenal are beatable at Carrow Road.

Anything this weekend is a bonus then it''s grab a draw and look to beat Arsenal.[/quote]The match I''m least expecting us to get anything from is Chelsea away. Our away record coupled with Chelsea''s frankly ridiculous home record under Mourinho means I''ve pretty much wrote that one off in my head already.Quietly optimistic we can get something in one or more of the other three matches though.

I don''t think we will pick up more than 1 or 2 points, although bringing Adams in has definitely given us a better chance.

That said, I feel Fulham have got a tricky run in as whilst Hull/Palace may be considered lesser teams they are in very good form and do not ship many goals. The pressure to win those games will be enormous, whereas us against Liverpool and Arsenal will be less so.

If Cardiff and Sunderland lose today I believe that 35 points will be enough to survive. Not so sure we can make that, but I''m certainly going to believe we are capable of surprising a few "top" teams. Starting with Liverpool tomorrow...

Yes. The most important thing tomorrow is that we don''t do a Hughtonesque capitulation, get beat by a big score & lose our belief. What ever the result against Liverpool we need to put in a competant performance, play up to our capabilities and move on, with our credibility & confidence still intact, to what look like slightly less daunting games.I still think we can do it.

We''ve broken a lot of streaks this season, losing games to teams that hadn''t won or scored much in their preceding several matches.

Maybe tomorrow we can end another streak.

Also, remember how absolute cr@p we were when ManU came to town and we manhandled them and oh so very nearly avoided relegation with a string of good results after that. Until Fulham. But the point is, we can get something tomorrow.

yes I believe that we could get a point or 2 against the remaining teams other than Liverpool.

Chelsea look poor when under pressure whilst I''m watching them against Sunderland, Arsenal have gone of the boil and United just look like a mid table team this season whereas you look at Liverpool and you cant really fault them they just look to strong.

Yes, definitely. I''ve watched the whole Chelsea-S''land game and Chelsea look pants. Man U have had a very poor season by their standards, and Arsenal before their win yesterday have been slipping slowly down the table to join Man U. We could get some unexpected points. Anything tomorrow is a huge bonus.

Yes.

Chelsea, even if they equalise need a miracle to win the league. Man Utd have been poor at home all season. Arsenal will have 4th all wrapped up and then the fa cup final a week later.

We have to be looking at Arsenal as a winnable game, I don''t fear going to either Chelsea or Man Utd, I think we could get at least a point from 1 of the 2, if not both - however that even then may not be enough

Yes, I think tomorrows match is Norwich''s toughest but Sunderlands results against Man City and Chelsea show the other remaining matches should hold no fear for Norwich.   They are winnable and I tip Norwich to beat Arsenal and who knows against the others.   GO FOR IT NORWICH!!!

We r down imo...like I said in the other thread, I can''t see this Norwich team beating any of the top sides...