Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

I Told You So

How many times have I insinuated on this board that the Canary Board, with Delia and MWJ in particular, are just not up to the job of running a professional football club? Here we are, on the brink of a third relegation under these two, and they are still making all the same mistakes that they made in the past. If the club goes down it really is time for them to step aside and let someone else take the club forward. Changing the personnel around them will not do. They themselves have got to go. I would not put this couple in charge of a pub team, such is the incompetence. You cannot afford any weaknesses in this league and Norwich''s biggest weakness is the calibre of the owners. You have to be ruthless. There is no place for sentiment. West Ham, Stoke, Swansea, WBA will all stay up because Messrs Gold, Sullivan, Coates, Jenkins and Peace are just not as soft as Delia and MWJ.

How many times have I insinuated on this board that

the Canary Board, with Delia and MWJ in particular, are just not up to

the job of running a professional football club?

I give up, how many times was it?

But they are up to the job?
We have one of the ''poorest'' boards in the PL, quite possibly the poorest, but i''m not 100% on a few clubs like Hull/Swansea and how much their owners have. And we aren''t doing badly.
We have no right to be in the  PL. In fact their are many teams we''ve beaten to promotion twice under the people who you think aren''t up to it who have much better resources than us. We''ve stayed up at the expense of teams with better resources. How many clubs in the Championship right now have bigger stadiums and richer owners? How many of the teams that have been relegated in the last two seasons, and that came down when we went up have bigger stadiums and richer owners?
You clearly don''t have a clue what you''re talking about do you? Incompetence? You''re having a laugh right?

[quote user="Barclay Regular"]Okay you can have the club for 55 million Love Delia[/quote]

Yep, show us the colour of your money Vince!

The irony in all this is that it is not about money or resources at all. It is about IQ. Do Delia and MWJ have the football Intelligence Quotient to run a professional football club competently? The answer is clearly no. Do have have to itemise all the mistakes they have REPEATED in the last 18 years? How long have you got?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]who are you...how many times have you insinuated?[/quote]

^^^This.

[quote user="Big Vince"]The irony in all this is that it is not about money or resources at all. It is about IQ. Do Delia and MWJ have the football Intelligence Quotient to run a professional football club competently? The answer is clearly no. Do have have to itemise all the mistakes they have REPEATED in the last 18 years? How long have you got?[/quote]

I''d say a big proportion of it down to money and lack thereof.

this club has been up and down the top 2 leagues since first top league promotion, up n down more times than a few in the 70''s we are not a big club and will never compete with the big boys for money etc, try looking at the clubs history before slagging off people that have done only mostly good things for us

sometimes the level of intelligence shown by some astounds me.

Vince how many times have you insinuated.

How much of your own money are you prepared to put in

The OP isn''t wrong though is he? Nearly 20 years of constant, terrible managerial appointments, often on the cheap, with the ONE exception they got right, Lambert (who''s ambition was always going to be too much for our tin pot owners). Worthy doesn''t count, that was a cheap option they got incredibly fortunate with. Nearly 20 years of lack of investment in the playing squad. Dragging us to our lowest depths in 50 years. Not being capable (apparently) of finding real investment from other sources. Not to mention Neil Doncaster! If you look at the decisions they have got right, to those that they haven''t, the scales weigh heavily in favour of the former.

I have sympathy for Big Vinces point of view.

Why are the usual suspects panning him? Do they know what happens, has happened in the boardroom since Delia/MWJ took over?

Are they aware of what happened in the first weeks of relegation to the League 1 and how Bowkett and McNally arrived at the club?

Are they aware of why Delia/MWJ said very little public statements during the fantastic journey to the Premier League. During this time our image improved immeasurably. Gone was the small minded club,in came the professional club ready to fight to improve our status and make no apology for it.

Suddenly we have cleared our debts and the old ''Doomcaster'' feeling returns.

Big Vince may be wrong but his point of view is understandable. One day we may find out the real reason Hughton was not sacked months ago.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]The OP isn''t wrong though is he? Nearly 20 years of constant, terrible managerial appointments, often on the cheap, with the ONE exception they got right, Lambert (who''s ambition was always going to be too much for our tin pot owners). Worthy doesn''t count, that was a cheap option they got incredibly fortunate with. Nearly 20 years of lack of investment in the playing squad. Dragging us to our lowest depths in 50 years. Not being capable (apparently) of finding real investment from other sources. Not to mention Neil Doncaster! If you look at the decisions they have got right, to those that they haven''t, the scales weigh heavily in favour of the former. [/quote]

----------------

Basically the line that I want to point out is; ''Worthy doesn''t count, that was a cheap option they got incredibly fortunate with''

That bit was brilliant, its almost like you don''t know that you''re talking bull$hit. I think, although we''ve made some terrible managerial appointments, recently things haven''t been too bad have they, we''ve done a lot in the last 10 years and it''s nice to be debt free. Now not a lot of clubs can say that.

Quite, Bury Yellow.

Perhaps more relevant would be how such a wise set of supporters let this pair of halfwits get their hands on the club in the first place?

Perhaps the fans shouldn''t be too quick to point the finger, after all, Chase was ousted because "anyone would be better" much like Worthington and Hughton. The end result of that motion was to end up with Smith and Jones, how many honestly still think that hounding out the only helmsman to deliver us real on-field success, a sustained and established period in the top-flight AND silverware, was a good idea?

We wouldn''t have wasted 8.5m on RVW under his stewardship, that''s for sure. He''d have found a Kevin Drinkell from the lower leagues - replaced quality with quality.

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]The OP isn''t wrong though is he? Nearly 20 years of constant, terrible managerial appointments, often on the cheap, with the ONE exception they got right, Lambert (who''s ambition was always going to be too much for our tin pot owners). Worthy doesn''t count, that was a cheap option they got incredibly fortunate with. Nearly 20 years of lack of investment in the playing squad. Dragging us to our lowest depths in 50 years. Not being capable (apparently) of finding real investment from other sources. Not to mention Neil Doncaster! If you look at the decisions they have got right, to those that they haven''t, the scales weigh heavily in favour of the former. [/quote]

----------------

Basically the line that I want to point out is; ''Worthy doesn''t count, that was a cheap option they got incredibly fortunate with''

That bit was brilliant, its almost like you don''t know that you''re talking bull$hit. I think, although we''ve made some terrible managerial appointments, recently things haven''t been too bad have they, we''ve done a lot in the last 10 years and it''s nice to be debt free. Now not a lot of clubs can say that.[/quote]Yeah, you''re probably right. I''m sure they didn''t take the cheap and easy option, turning Worthington the assistant into Worthington the manager. They probably appointed him due to his extensive, impressive CV. Which included  two very average seasons at Blackpool and...................... I''m also sure i must have imagined the board then rewarding his achievement of promotion to the premier league by virtually tying his hands behind his back and giving him next to no transfer money to work with.

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]Quite, Bury Yellow.

Perhaps more relevant would be how such a wise set of supporters let this pair of halfwits get their hands on the club in the first place?

Perhaps the fans shouldn''t be too quick to point the finger, after all, Chase was ousted because "anyone would be better" much like Worthington and Hughton. The end result of that motion was to end up with Smith and Jones, how many honestly still think that hounding out the only helmsman to deliver us real on-field success, a sustained and established period in the top-flight AND silverware, was a good idea?

We wouldn''t have wasted 8.5m on RVW under his stewardship, that''s for sure. He''d have found a Kevin Drinkell from the lower leagues - replaced quality with quality.[/quote]Assuming you''re not just trolling for a reaction.....How about selling all our best players and expecting us to remain in the division? What would have happened had we not sold them all?Would we have gone on to even greater heights the next season? I guess we''ll never know.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I have sympathy for Big Vinces point of view. Why are the usual suspects panning him? Do they know what happens, has happened in the boardroom since Delia/MWJ took over? Are they aware of what happened in the first weeks of relegation to the League 1 and how Bowkett and McNally arrived at the club? Are they aware of why Delia/MWJ said very little public statements during the fantastic journey to the Premier League. During this time our image improved immeasurably. Gone was the small minded club,in came the professional club ready to fight to improve our status and make no apology for it. Suddenly we have cleared our debts and the old ''Doomcaster'' feeling returns. Big Vince may be wrong but his point of view is understandable. One day we may find out the real reason Hughton was not sacked months ago.[/quote]

What are you on about?

The real reason was probably because they thought he had just enough to keep us up. The WBA game was the one that finished him. Once he''d lost the must win game that was it.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I have sympathy for Big Vinces point of view.

Why are the usual suspects panning him? Do they know what happens, has happened in the boardroom since Delia/MWJ took over?

Are they aware of what happened in the first weeks of relegation to the League 1 and how Bowkett and McNally arrived at the club?

Are they aware of why Delia/MWJ said very little public statements during the fantastic journey to the Premier League. During this time our image improved immeasurably. Gone was the small minded club,in came the professional club ready to fight to improve our status and make no apology for it.

Big Vince may be wrong but his point of view is understandable. One day we may find out the real reason Hughton was not sacked months ago.[/quote]I know what the public story is. Which is this. That Smith and Jones decided off their own bat (although the lenders may have approved or even been consulted) to sack Doncaster and "retire" Munby (who was ill anyway).As replacements they first brought in McNally, on the advice of good friend Roy Hodgson, who had worked with McNally at Fulham. They then carried on with their efforts to persuade a reluctant Bowkett to become chairman. And a month after McNally had joined they succeeded.Now that is the public story, and it seems probably true. Based on what I know privately of what went on, based on the fact of the friendship between Smith and Jones and Hodgson, and based on what Bowkett said publicly about finally giving in to the pressure from Smith and Jones.Now for the 97th time you have hinted that this isn''t what happened at all. That the changes were entirely forced on Smith and Jones by the lenders and that somehow it was Bowkett who hired McNally, despite the chronology being all wrong and despite there being no apparent reason why Bowkett should even have heard of McNally, while there was every reason for Smith and Jones to be well aware of his record in football.It is time to put up or shut up. Stop doing the cyber equivalent of significantly tapping your finger against your nose. Provide facts, if you have any, to prove the public version is wrong. Otherwise it will be obvious that all you have been doing is trying to take credit away from Smith and Jones for bringing in McNally and Bowkett, because in your universe they cannot be seen to have got anything right.

I dunno H, i think the Fulham Game was the must win game because we lost the must not lose game v WBA, if that makes sense. If we had beaten Fulham, it looks like we would''ve been safe imo

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I have sympathy for Big Vinces point of view.

Big Vince may be wrong but his point of view is understandable. One day we may find out the real reason Hughton was not sacked months ago.[/quote]

I love this "usual suspects" line. Not naming names is a lily-livered Suffolk weakness I reckon.  I''m not surprised to see Big Vince and Bury Yellow on a thread attacking Delia. I have a sneaky feeling that perhaps Mrs Yellow found some pages stuck together in her "How To Cook" book and realised it wasn''t strawberry jam. I bet this gets dragged up everytime Delia gets mentioned in the Bury household so it''s really a defence mechanism to attack her at every turn[:O]

Truth is that in the time Delia has been at our side of Bury we''ve had 4 years in the Premier League, a Championship win, and a League One championship win. At the other side of Bury with all that "man''s man" investment they''ve had 2 yeears in the Premier League and won nothing...

[quote user="Norwich or die tryin"]We will never truely move forward under Delia and MWJ but to many Norwich fans are too scared of change and stuck in their ways too force the real change that''s needed.[/quote]

How would you suggest proceeding? Demonstration?