Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Vulnerable to a single win from all three relegation teams now

Didnt see Sunderlands victory coming at all. Id written them off, but with a superior goal difference to ours we are now vulnerable to a single win from any of those beneath us - and of course Sunderland will get their game in hand back tomorrow. Looks like we''re going to have to BEAT one of the four big teams now. I was hoping an odd point here or there might do it, but what are the odds that all three of Fulham, Cardiff and Sunderland will fail to win again this season? One of them will probably pull a win out, and that will be all it takes if we dont pick up more points.

We need a win - lets start tomorrow. As Stevie G would say - how badly do we want it?

Best to just accept our fate. It will make the coming weeks that bit easier for you.

[quote user="dean"]Best to just accept our fate. It will make the coming weeks that bit easier for you.[/quote]

Never.......we will beat Liverpool..........I''ve made arrangements![;)]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="dean"]Best to just accept our fate. It will make the coming weeks that bit easier for you.[/quote]

[/quote]No you haven''t, you''re just a sad old bloke from Lowestoft, you''re not a real wizard.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

I didn''t realise Grobbelaar was still in goal ;)

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Didnt see Sunderlands victory coming at all. Id written them off, but with a superior goal difference to ours we are now vulnerable to a single win from any of those beneath us - and of course Sunderland will get their game in hand back tomorrow. Looks like we''re going to have to BEAT one of the four big teams now. I was hoping an odd point here or there might do it, but what are the odds that all three of Fulham, Cardiff and Sunderland will fail to win again this season? One of them will probably pull a win out, and that will be all it takes if we dont pick up more points.

We need a win - lets start tomorrow. As Stevie G would say - how badly do we want it?[/quote]To be honest, I think that is being very optimistic. How things are increasingly looking I think it''s going to be the usual of 38+ points to be safe again this season. That means we are going to need 6/7 points from our last 4 games.Hope that''s cheered you all up.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

No you haven''t, you''re just a sad old bloke from Lowestoft, you''re not a real wizard.
[/quote]

Err okay........................but you''re wrong.............again.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]No you haven''t, you''re just a sad old bloke from Lowestoft, you''re not a real wizard.[/quote]

[/quote]No, you really a sad old bloke from Lowestoft.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]No you haven''t, you''re just a sad old bloke from Lowestoft, you''re not a real wizard.[/quote]

[/quote]No, you really a sad old bloke from Lowestoft.[/quote]But he might be a sad old bloke from Lowestoft who looks uncannily like Luis Suarez...

morty wrote the following post at 19/04/2014 7:57 PM:

No you haven''t, you''re just a sad old bloke from Lowestoft, you''re not a real wizard.

--------------------------------------------------

Where do you think Gandalf comes from?

Lowestoft thats right.

................Saruman comes from Long Stratton

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, you really a sad old bloke from Lowestoft.
[/quote]

Wrong.

I am guessing you are going to pull me up on some sort of geographical error.The rest of my point, however, stands.

[quote user="morty"]I am guessing you are going to pull me up on some sort of geographical error.

The rest of my point, however, stands.
[/quote]

Wrong again, I''m far from sad, infact I''m the complete opposite.[:D]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I think its possible that we would even have to win 2 of these last 4 to stay up now?..........1 would have been improbable...2 is bordering impossible

[/quote]Yep 6 points more than likely needed now. 3 points tomorrow a must. Realistically, not going to happen.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]I am guessing you are going to pull me up on some sort of geographical error.The rest of my point, however, stands.[/quote]

Wrong again, I''m far from sad, infact I''m the complete opposite.[:D]

[/quote]"Bell end" is not the opposite of "sad".

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I think its possible that we would even have to win 2 of these last 4 to stay up now?..........1 would have been improbable...2 is bordering impossible

[/quote]

There''s a bit of a breeze, best get those pants on the line!!!

We might not need any points....

I think 36 points were always needed whatever Sunderland did today.With Sunderland playing Cardiff next week, they cannot both win and let''s hope its a draw. At least Sunderland winning means they have something to play for against Cardiff and also means by the time we play Chelsea the title may already be decided and they have nothing to play for.

BTW did anyone else see Lambert on Sky tonight? The bloke looks to be under a lot of stress and didn''t look happy at all.

[quote user="Evil morty"]Morty bought a lot of good footballing debate to this thread as always.

Oh wait, he didn''t[/quote]Which is it, small, balding man, or bored schoolkid?

Why is everybody saying its impossible who would have thought that any of the results just lately was poss sund 4 pts from the imposs last 2 games never say never

There are so many things to factor in between now and the end of the season that I''m choosing to be optimistic, as life is too damn short.

For example, one could look at Sunderland and say they''ve peaked too early with this result today. Remember way back in League 1, just after we beat Leeds and everyone felt terrific?

We then won 1 out of the next 4, and that was against a Stockport side that I could probably have beaten playing on my own. Drawing with City and beating Chelsea can just as easily have put Sunderland in too sure a mindset as it could spur them on.

[quote user="dean"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

I didn''t realise Grobbelaar was still in goal ;)[/quote]That made me laugh out loud [:D]