Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

3 points at least needed now

The Sunderland win has made our slim chances of survival even slimmer. We need at least 3 points from our remaining games and even 3 may not be enough. The Sunderland win and their better GD puts them one win away from overtaking us. On the plus side it keeps them more motivated for the games against Cardiff and WBA who are not out of the woods yet unless we fail to get any more points. The title looks like Liverpool and has taken the pressure off them for a few games, which is a shame as a nervy Liverpool with Chelsea on their tails was what we had hoped for Sunday. Not over til the fat Lady sings but very nearly now. I will turn up tomorrow in hope rather than expectation and if we still have a chance going into the Arsenal game it is probably the best we can hope for

[quote user="morty"]After results today, we need at least 4.
[/quote]

We''ll get them.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]After results today, we need at least 4.[/quote]

We''ll get them.

[/quote]What are you basing this on?Our current managers record, our current form, or our easy remaining fixtures?

agree with Morty. Weird that we all said that we''d need to be safe by the last 4 games, yet when it comes to it people still have hope (including myself)...humans though innit

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]After results today, we need at least 4.
[/quote]

We''ll get them.

[/quote]

What are you basing this on?

Our current managers record, our current form, or our easy remaining fixtures?
[/quote]

Faith in the good spirits.................and Neil Adams.

There is no way 3 or 4 points will be enough. All three of the teams

below have some very winnable fixtures against teams with nothing to

play for. There is no chance that all three of them will falter now. 6 points is a

must and they will need to come tomorrow and against arsenal because

this is zero chance of us getting anything at stamford bridge or old

trafford. The reality is we''re as good as down.

Chelsea were rubbish tonight. And Mourinho and his assistant will be in deep deep trouble with the FA.Looks an easy 3 points to me. [:)]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]36 will still keep teams safe[/quote]
Exactly. Cardiff and Fulham can only get to a maximum of 39 points now, and Sunderland could reach 41 points. But then Cardiff and Sunderland have to play each other so not both can reach their maximum totals.
If we could get a win and a draw, Fulham and Cardiff would both need to win 2 and draw 1 of their final 3 games.
Sunderland would need to win 2 and draw 1 of their final 4 games to go above us on GD.
It''s more than still in our hands. 36 points will very likely be enough. If it isn''t, then it''ll be down to relegation teams playing with title form.

i''ll say 36 too because I give in to peer pressure....now i''m a heroin addict with 37 cats......and a two copies of die hard on VHS

35 points will see us safe over Fulham and Cardiff with our better GD. That Sunderland result has come out of the blue and I don''t even know their remaining fixtures cos I had them down.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Sunderland will get at least 7 points from their last 4 games. Possibly 9.[/quote]
Based on what? They had only won 6 all season before today, and weren''t going to win today had it not been for a truly awful penalty that wasn''t.
They will lose more than 1 game in the final 4 they have to play.

I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again, the Man United game has stood out for me as very important since around January time.

They''re far from settled and prone to slipping up, and we (almost always) give them a real game in recent years.

This story is far from over.

At the end of the day, we are now relying on any one of the 3 bottom clubs not picking up enough points to overhaul our current total of 32.Personally, after today''s results I can''t see that happening. We had our chance to get the required number of points earlier in the season & we blew it.We had our chance to change Manager months ago & we blew it.We had our chance to get a decent striker in January and we blew it.We are now reliant on beating at least one of 4 top clubs and still hoping that at least one of the 3 clubs below us will blow it.