Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Palace

Long time favourites for the drop because of inferior players, resources, manager style etc etc.Doing the business again tonight, currently 1-0 up at Everton & sitting in 11th position on 40 points.That''s 8 ahead of us from the same number of games and with a better goal difference of 13That''s where we could have/should have been & it just shows what can be achieved if you act quick enough and make the right decision at the right timeIt makes ya wanna spit

Could mean that Arsenal are in champions league by the time we play them as Everton have both Manchester clubs to play

[quote user="Making Plans"]Long time favourites for the drop because of inferior players, resources, manager style etc etc.Doing the business again tonight, currently 1-0 up at Everton & sitting in 11th position on 40 points.That''s 8 ahead of us from the same number of games and with a better goal difference of 13That''s where we could have/should have been & it just shows what can be achieved if you act quick enough and make the right decision at the right timeIt makes ya wanna spit [/quote]Might have but then again it didn''t work for Sunderland or Cardiff and Fulham WBA and Swansea are all still very much in it.

Couldn''t care less - it''s a complete travesty that our club have stood & watched our decline without doing anything until it was too late.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Couldn''t care less - it''s a complete travesty that our club have stood & watched our decline without doing anything until it was too late.[/quote]Why is it too late?

[quote user="martin peters boots "]Might have but then again it didn''t work for Sunderland or Cardiff and Fulham WBA and Swansea are all still very much in it.[/quote]Sunderland, West Brom and Fulham are no lower in the table now than when they sacked their manager.  Sunderland at least have had a cup final, if they do go down, as it looks like they will.As for Cardiff and Swansea, Mackay was doing a decent job, the sacking was for other reasons; and Laudrup losing his job at Swansea was a bit weird as well.Looking at Palace, they have the worst squad in the league, and could be 11th in the table tonight if they hold on.  Pulis has done a magnificent job with poor resources.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Long time favourites for the drop because of inferior players, resources, manager style etc etc.Doing the business again tonight, currently 1-0 up at Everton & sitting in 11th position on 40 points.That''s 8 ahead of us from the same number of games and with a better goal difference of 13That''s where we could have/should have been & it just shows what can be achieved if you act quick enough and make the right decision at the right timeIt makes ya wanna spit [/quote]Two simple questions. When actually was the right time? I ask because all the surveys here have shown there is nothing like unanimity on the subject. There are almost as many opinions as posters. Dates range from losing to Luton in January 2013 to the summer of 2013 to January 2014, with all sorts of times in between.And who precisely was the manager we could have then brought in who would have done as good a job for us as Pulis - a very experienced Premier League manager - has done for Palace?

Generally in life you get rewards for trying to make things happen rather than just waiting for things to happen.At least others, some of who may yet still fail, made changes while there was time to sort things out and had a go while they still had weaker teams to play.We wait until one minute before midnight & hope we can scrape something from what look like 4 impossible fixtures.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Two simple questions. When actually was the right time? I ask because all the surveys here have shown there is nothing like unanimity on the subject. There are almost as many opinions as posters. Dates range from losing to Luton in January 2013 to the summer of 2013 to January 2014, with all sorts of times in between.And who precisely was the manager we could have then brought in who would have done as good a job for us as Pulis - a very experienced Premier League manager - has done for Palace?[/quote]Two simple answers -1. After the Hull away game when it was obvious that we were going to struggle be in trouble 2. Pulis was available before he went to PalacePalace now 2 up by the way

i think i''d commit suicide on live tv at carrow road in front of Pulis if he was our manger as a protest, hoping it would shock him so much that he would leave football....then again, he''s sees worse each week

2-0 palace looking very good tbh.... bbc saying pulis looking a very good tactician...........

Don''t get me wrong, Pulis is a very effective manager and at a club like Palace, who are desperate to avoid relegation, his tactics and footballing ideals will be tolerated as long as they''re successful. But from what I''ve seen on this board, many of the fans of Norwich city want more than just ''effective'' football, they want attractive football and that is something Pulis can''t provide.

I''m no great Pulis fan but when you look at what he''s achieving at Palace then you have to admire him.Really I don''t give a toss who the manager is, what his tactics are or how he looks as long as he knows what he''s doing.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]But from what I''ve seen on this board, many of the fans of Norwich city want more than just ''effective'' football, they want attractive football and that is something Pulis can''t provide.[/quote]Winning 2-0 at Goodison seems pretty attractive to me

[quote user="Making Plans"]I''m no great Pulis fan but when you look at what he''s achieving at Palace then you have to admire him.Really I don''t give a toss who the manager is, what his tactics are or how he looks as long as he knows what he''s doing.[/quote]
So you never complained about Hughtons negativity, you were just concerned with results? In that case, Pulis would be perfect for you but most people on this board were not only annoyed by Hughtons lack of effective tactics as much as his negativity which means that Pulis, who is as far from a footballing purist as you can find, was never going to be a successful appointment.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"] But from what I''ve seen on this board, many of the fans of Norwich city want more than just ''effective'' football, they want attractive football and that is something Pulis can''t provide.[/quote]I think getting results keeps the vast majority of fans onside.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Two simple questions. When actually was the right time? I ask because all the surveys here have shown there is nothing like unanimity on the subject. There are almost as many opinions as posters. Dates range from losing to Luton in January 2013 to the summer of 2013 to January 2014, with all sorts of times in between.And who precisely was the manager we could have then brought in who would have done as good a job for us as Pulis - a very experienced Premier League manager - has done for Palace?[/quote]Two simple answers -1. After the Hull away game when it was obvious that we were going to struggle be in trouble 2. Pulis was available before he went to PalacePalace now 2 up by the way[/quote]So you would have sacked the manager who got us to 11th place last season after just the second game of this season? If you have tried to convince the directors of that you would quite rightly have been laughed out of the boardroom.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"] But from what I''ve seen on this board, many of the fans of Norwich city want more than just ''effective'' football, they want attractive football and that is something Pulis can''t provide.[/quote]I think getting results keeps the vast majority of fans onside. [/quote]
I agree. But it seems strange to me to lambaste Hughton for his negative tactics and then go on to argue in favour of appointing Pulis.  

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"] But from what I''ve seen on this board, many of the fans of Norwich city want more than just ''effective'' football, they want attractive football and that is something Pulis can''t provide.[/quote]

I think getting results keeps the vast majority of fans onside.
[/quote]

What, like at Stoke?

haha

Also, adding to what Herman said, lets not forget Big Sams ''effective'' football that recently saw the Home crowd boo after a victory. People want a manager who is going to progress the team, thats not Pulis, he''s the manager that you appoint if you''re a newly promoted club or are in the relegation zone

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]So you never complained about Hughtons negativity, you were just concerned with results? In that case, Pulis would be perfect for you but most people on this board were not only annoyed by Hughtons lack of effective tactics as much as his negativity which means that Pulis, who is as far from a footballing purist as you can find, was never going to be a successful appointment.[/quote]So what''s so negative about going to Everton & trying to win the game. After some of our dire away performances this season, as early as the seccond game at Hull, by comparison Pulis seems almost wreckless

[quote user="mrs miggins"]People want a manager who is going to progress the team, thats not Pulis, he''s the manager that you appoint if you''re a newly promoted club or are in the relegation zone[/quote]So who has progressed more - Palace under Pulis or us under Hughton?