Sign in to follow this  
Mason 47

The 'Happening Elsewhere' Thread

[quote user="thas a rummun"]Well that''s Swansea just about safe. Villa are probably a draw from safety as well.Fewer teams involved in the mix now. The main issues today were Cardiff, Fulham and Sunderland not winning, and ideally losing. It''s gone OK so far. Just need Chelsea to stuff Sunderland now and keep them well behind, and of course for us to do something spectacular tomorrow as well. A draw tomorrow and it leaves Cardiff probably needing 4 points again to overtake us, given their GD.[/quote]And Fulham needing 4 points as well, of course.

So 2 points clear of Fulham and Cardiff with a better goal difference. Cardiff still to go to Newcastle and Sunderland with Chelsea left at home. On what I saw today they could easily Lose all 3 of those. Fulham face in form Palace and Hull at home with Stoke away. None of those fixtures suggest they should get a good return. We could still pull this off, a point tomorrow would be priceless

Not a bad set of results. Fulham and Cardiff not winning was imperative and Villa still sweating. A draw for us tomorrow would be a good result and a win would be fantastic.

[quote user="JF"]So 2 points clear of Fulham and Cardiff with a better goal difference. Cardiff still to go to Newcastle and Sunderland with Chelsea left at home. On what I saw today they could easily Lose all 3 of those. Fulham face in form Palace and Hull at home with Stoke away. None of those fixtures suggest they should get a good return. We could still pull this off, a point tomorrow would be priceless[/quote]

Fulham will get 6 from their three remaining fixtures which will be plenty for them to survive.

Any result tomorrow would be a boost in points and also psychologically.

If Chelsea have scored a few by 7.15 then the stage will be well and truly set.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="JF"]So 2 points clear of Fulham and Cardiff with a better goal difference. Cardiff still to go to Newcastle and Sunderland with Chelsea left at home. On what I saw today they could easily Lose all 3 of those. Fulham face in form Palace and Hull at home with Stoke away. None of those fixtures suggest they should get a good return. We could still pull this off, a point tomorrow would be priceless[/quote]

Fulham will get 6 from their three remaining fixtures which will be plenty for them to survive.[/quote]From where, pray tell? [:S]Hull @ home - A point or maybe 3 - The only one I was worried about.Stoke away - Maybe a point, not that likely though.Palace @ home - No chance - Palace flying and the chance to relegate their neighbours. Not a chance.

Can''t see them getting 6 points Lincoln. 4 at the most which would leave us needing 2. It''s not beyond the realms of possibility that they could only get 2 from those fixtures leaving us already safe on GD.

Its true. the 2 teams in the league I wouldn''t want us playing right now are Palace and Liverpool. Hopefully we can end the pool''s good run though. Still they''re the 2 form teams surely.
What kind of result do we want next weekend in the S''land - Cardiff game? I guess a Sunderland win, providing they lose everything else. Can''t afford for Cardiff to even get a point.

And Sunderland go a goal down. Good start - but they recovered from a goal down against Man City. Hopefully Chelsea can get the job done.

Eto''o thumps Chelsea into an early lead. Sunderland look like they might be in for a beating if they can''t pick it up.

Little things like Chelsea missing Cech for the first time in 48 straight league games can make a difference.

Still, ages left. my prediction is for 3 or 4-1

I was just about to write " Sunderland are showing how to frustrate Chelsea" then of course Chelsea score - well almost - so I was just about to write " Sunderland are showing how to frustrate Chelsea" and of course Chelsea score - well almost, but I think I can finally write " Sunderland are showing how to frustrate Chelsea" ....

I would expect the Fa to look at that elbow by Rameires and suspend him for 3 matches so he should be out against us .

Late penalty converted by Borini looks like it might have added another twist to the relegation storyline!

If anything it does show that nothing is a given at this stage of the season. Sunderland were a few gears behind us a few weeks ago when we played them.

When Liverpool win tomorrow at least Chelsea will be so deflated come our game against them that we may pick up a result.

Goodbye Premier league, sunderland play cardiff next week so we now likely to need 6 points from last 4 nightmare fixtures. I bet the chelsea players wont miss about 4 from 5 yards against us!

[quote user="dean"]When Liverpool win tomorrow at least Chelsea will be so deflated come our game against them that we may pick up a result.[/quote]I was thinking along a similar train of thought.Liverpool win tomorrow, then beat Chelsea next week. Chelsea out of title race and concentrate on Champions league second leg rather than our game.Result![A]