Sign in to follow this  
Mason 47

The 'Happening Elsewhere' Thread

The way I see it, today is almost as important for us as tomorrow given the games being played by those around us.

Fulham failed to beat Spurs despite putting up a bit of a fight, so that''s one down.

Kicking off at 3pm we have Villa - Southampton and Cardiff - Stoke which I see as the ones that really matter to us, and then the late KO with Sunderland travelling to Chelsea.

Villa I think are well and truly in the mire if Southampton win, and if they come to play it''s quite likely as Villa are dud at home. Cardiff - Stoke I can''t really see a clear direction but hopefully the Stokies will bring their famous parked bus with them.

As for Sunderland, I feel like getting a point at City might have done for them- after the Lord Mayor''s show and all that.

What do we think then?

I''m a firm believer that anything that can go wrong for us will, but even if that means Cardiff win today, we''ll still be outside the bottom three come Sunday''s game.

So that will be just a little less pressure on our team and the Carrow Road crowd - so go get them lads!

Its a shame that it has come down to this, but its all we have to cling to, I guess.I shall be genuinely astounded if we get away with this, and stay up!

Stoke are the better team so far, Cardiff don''t seem to have a whole lot of ideas as yet.

Villa game is scrappy at best.

Ameobi''s first of the season apparently.

We could do with a second of the season from RVW......now if it was a winner that would be fantastic and I guess I like many will have to eat my hat or something.

Away wins for Stoke and Soton would top a decent day.......  

Cardiff losing. It''s been a promising day so far.[img]http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Mr.-Burns-Excellent-Reaction-Gif-On-The-Simpsons.gif[/img]

Half time in both games, good end to Cardiff game as Stoke convert a penalty to go in 1-0 up; Cardiff traditionally have a hard time pulling things back so great news.

The Villa game has featured a lot of niggly fouls, not a lot of action and most importantly Villa haven''t managed to muster an attempt on goal.

All going well thus far!

Looking good so far. Been watching the stoke, Cardiff game and Stoke look good, can''t see Fulham getting anything from them. Now we need Newcastle and Southhampton to do the business in the 2nd half and it''s then up to us to beat the Champions elect! Simples!

A very weak decision for a pen but nice to see our rivals suffer for a change. If it stays like this a draw tomorrow would be a superb result.

Former Canary Bertrand has just gotten away with a debatable handball in the box.

Getting to the sharp end of the games now. Late drama afoot?

The Villa game has wobbled down to a 0-0.

Southampton hit the bar and yet another former Norwich link David Marshall with a huge save to keep the score level

And despite a hectic finish the other game has finished level.

In the situation we''re in, I think the outlook I''ll take is ''dropped points are good points'' from the games so far

Well that''s Swansea just about safe. Villa are probably a draw from safety as well.Fewer teams involved in the mix now. The main issues today were Cardiff, Fulham and Sunderland not winning, and ideally losing. It''s gone OK so far. Just need Chelsea to stuff Sunderland now and keep them well behind, and of course for us to do something spectacular tomorrow as well. A draw tomorrow and it leaves Cardiff probably needing 4 points again to overtake us, given their GD.