Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Your team for Liverpool

Our only hope is to stop Suarez, without Sturridge, generally speaking stop Suarez, stop Liverpool. None of our centrebacks can handle him - all too immobile. He has shown Ryan Bennett and Turner up a number of times. The Bassong of old would be our best hope, lets pray he arrives, but even he will be bettered by Suarez. Having watched Suarez tear us to pieces multiple times I am convinced the only way we can stop him is to employ a man marker, and the only player we have capable of the movement required is Martin Olsson. So my bold suggestion - employ MO as man marker, for 90 minutes he is Suarez''s shadow, with the hope he snuffs everything out. Tettey and Johnson to destroy and provide that barrier and muscle in the midfield. Pilkington as we''re at home and he''s scored big goals against big teams in the past. Snodgrass for his workrate and the hope of a set piece from nothing. Hooper as frankly dont see the point in giving RvW another chance

------------Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Garrido

-----------Olsson

-------Tettey Johnson

Snodgrass----------Pilkington

-----------Hooper

Having said that, Tettey may have the attributes to do the man marking job, interceptions being his forte and he probably is pacey enough. Making him the man marker would allow us to keep Olsson at leftback and have either Howson in the centre, or move snoddy inside and have Redmond on the right wing

You seem completely pre-occupied with the opposition, why don''t you simply pick a team to play to our strengths rather than shackling them with this negative, defensive rubbish.

Set them free.

Because iv watched our last 6 games against Liverpool. You cant not have a plan on how to stop Suarez. Without wanting to sound defeatist, if we go toe to toe with Liverpool we will lose because they are better than us. Thats not negativity, its realism. We have to have a gameplan, stopping Suarez should be part of that or it will be a hattrick of hattricks and whatever bloody nose we might have given them will be irrelevent. I dont like an emphasis on defence and attrition football, but actually feel its our best shot in this game

Ha! If ud read any of my posts over the last year you wouldnt be suggesting I shared any kind of mindset with Mr Hughton. I just happen to think a defensive approach would be the right tactic in this one - just not in every game of the season

I would prefer a midfield three of Tettey, Fer and Howson.

If we''re not going to see a lot of the ball then let''s at least have players who can keep it when we do get it.

As far as Suarez goes sometimes you just have to admit you''ve been beaten by someone of superior quality. He is the best player in the country and he''s one of the best players in the world. But...

...at least try to make it difficult for him. He has scored some brilliant goals against us but we''ve let him have it far too easy.

Time for wide players that can go around a defense ..

------------ Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

----------- Tettey

-------- Howson Fer

----Redmond Pilkington

---------- RvW

---------------Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

----------Bradders Tettey

---Snodgrass Fer Pilkington

-----------------Hooper

Howson and Redmond to come on in second half (assuming we are chasing the game)

The only way to stop Suarez is to try and stop the supply of the ball to him, if we can do that and also work out ways to get behind their defence, which is not the best in the league, then we have a chance.....BUT we are talking about a Liverpool team who can out score any team in this league so lets not think we will be anything other than defensive in our approach.  

GK. Ruddy

CB. Martin

CB. Turner

CB. Bassong

RWB. Snoddy

LWB. Olsson

CM. Howson

CM. Fer

CM. Hoolahan

ST. RVW

ST. Hooper

I''ve no idea on what team I''d want to see, all this talk of attacking Liverpool is fine if we had some kind of goal threat up front-we are toothless at the moment and I''ve a feeling we will put a lot into the game and get nothing out of it a bit like the Fulham match. Have a feeling there''s a penalty in today''s game too don''t ask me why!!

-------------------Ruddy-------------Whittaker----Turner----Bass----Olsson----Howson------Bradders------Fer---------------Snod-----------Redmond----------------------Hooper----------------

Wow howson, hoolahan, rvw and hooper with snoddy at wingback, we get absolutely smashed with that team. Just imagine Sterling up against Snoddy.

ruddy        martin bennett turner garrido              howson tettey fer    redmond                         olsson                       hooper

if we use olsson and redmonds pace to keep johnson, flanaghan, coutinho and sterling busy at the other end of the pitch it takes the pressure off the full backs

just need tettey to bulldoze suarez in the first ten seconds

Starve suarez of the ball and he cant have an impact. That means having players who can win the ball back and more importantly keep possession, defending intensely from the front, That means no place for Johnson or Hooper and a midfield triangle of Fer, Howson, Fer. to close down coutinho and Gerrard. Debastes are wes for howson for less defensive and more creative and jonas for redmond ditto. Redmond pace preferred.

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Turner Olsson

Tettey

Snodgrass Fer Howson Redmond

RvW