Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Lets stop wishing

Lets face it its too late and Sunderland and Cardiff want it more , had we shown commitment all season we would not be where we are , we are going down no doubt . Just enjoy what you can and stop the ifs and maybes its too late .

I hate to say it but i''m with you. I hoped we''d sneak past with our last three games but we messed them up, now I can''t bring myself to hope we''ll get a result because I know the team (in particularly the forwards) will just let me down again. We''re down and anything else is a bonus.

just enjoy it, stop being depressed, this could still yet be our most exiting season for years.

I''ll go to every remaining game, and play my part in getting behind the team.But deep down, I know we''re screwed.I think more than a few people here are desperately trying to put a brave face on things.

I don''t normally agree with your posts morty - but sadly I agree this time.

The only upside if there is one is that we may win more games next season - I say may as we have been there before.

Sad thing is I think this season is poorer than last when we stayed up courtesy of the ten game run and I think as Stoke and Southampton showed today some teams are on the beach as it were.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Pragmatically, we dont achieve anything by giving up. Psycholgically, hope is more useful than despair[/quote]I don''t disagree with your premise, but its actually more painfull to see people desperately clutching at straws, rather than realise the practicalities.I will be as happy as anyone here if we somehow pull this off, but deep inside, I have come to terms with likely relegation, and am at peace with it, it seems almost inevitable and unstoppable now.

[quote user="Firedawg"]At what point does it turn to ''despair'' ?[/quote]

It''s past that, i''m at acceptance now. but then i''m sure sunderland, cardiff and fulham fans have all been there...

This article was remarkably prescient:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1744071-why-ricky-van-wolfswinkel-will-be-a-premier-league-flop-with-norwich

I don''t remember reading at the time - I would probably have ignored it - but it has proven to be all too accurate.

I was always concerned about Hooper; once or twice he looked like he had a bit of guile & strength about him, but that rapidly evaporated & he only looks Champs standard to me.

Whatever others may say, I think this is a poor PL squad. We are a poor club, so perhaps no real surprise there. Being poor forces you to take gambles, & unfortunately none have really come off. Of course the one we really needed, the one that could have saved us, has failed spectacularly.

But, but, but .......... we are not yet down. We are still out of the bottom three. It will require spirit, determination & a lorra, lorra luck, but we can still avoid the drop. It is about character as much as anything now. I just hope Neil can pick the ones who really care, who can concentrate for the entire match ........ & who get lucky!!

Poor squad yes, but IMO that''s because it''s thin on quality rather than a poor starting 11, so we were vulnerable to injuries. One of which occurred after the very first game with Elliot Bennett, after which Snodgrass inherited the right wing position, and our attack has never looked capable since? ... we''ll it''s never looked capable. So I do apportion blame to management for not addressing that issue either by swapping around players we did have, or going out and getting one in January; the apparently preferred wide midfield pairing of Gutierrez and Snodgrass v''s Pilkington and Redmond fills me to the brim with frustration, I''m sure it would RvW too.

Now that Hughton has departed, maybe we''ll see a different approach against the big teams. I''m sure that there is a win in this team, but whether that''ll come tomorrow we will just have to wait and see.

Remember when we were 2 points off 10th with nothing to worry about as CH will see us through. Now everyone else is getting points and were miles away from 10th place.

Who couldn''t see (or refused to see) this coming months ago? Ifs and buts, we should''ve made the change when there was a real opportunity to end the malaise.

Now it''s up to Adams to perform emergency room surgery on our barely alive gun shot-riddled body.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Remember when we were 2 points off 10th with nothing to worry about as CH will see us through. Now everyone else is getting points and were miles away from 10th place.

Who couldn''t see (or refused to see) this coming months ago? Ifs and buts, we should''ve made the change when there was a real opportunity to end the malaise.

Now it''s up to Adams to perform emergency room surgery on our barely alive gun shot-riddled body.

.[/quote]

Lol Houston. Gun shot riddled body. How American of you. Power to the NRA and all that. Pop on down the ER rather than A and E.... Lol. But I fully agree with your analogy an post

Sure it will take an absolute miracle and our failing not to beat Cardiff, Fulham or West Brom told us all we are in serious trouble. BUT, when I was a kid, every Birthday and Christmas I used to wish for a new bike even knowing my parents were living day by day, I never got it, it was always a second hand painted up effort, but I was still happy because it was still a bike and got me around.....................This is similar, I keep wishing. just in case........   

I agree with what Morty said at beginning ot thread. I will keep supporting, but deep down I know it is too little too late. Cannot see us beating a liverpool team chasing their first league trophy in 2,5 decades... But miracles have happened in football...so you just go and support your team.

[quote user="morty"]I''ll go to every remaining game, and play my part in getting behind the team.

But deep down, I know we''re screwed.

I think more than a few people here are desperately trying to put a brave face on things.
[/quote]

Err you said Palace were screwed...............BELIEVE![Y]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]I''ll go to every remaining game, and play my part in getting behind the team.But deep down, I know we''re screwed.I think more than a few people here are desperately trying to put a brave face on things.[/quote]

Err you said Palace were screwed...............BELIEVE![Y]

[/quote]I did, and I was wrong. But I tell you what, I won''t be making any bets that we''ll stay up.Will you? Will you be putting your money where your mouth is?

There will still be a club and team to support next season. There will be some new grounds to visit and the club is financially as strong as it has ever been.

The chances are we will be more competitive and matches will be that more enjoyable. Every cloud has a silver lining!

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]And David Fox will be back in that midfield [y][/quote]

The only way Fox will get back into the midfield at Carrow Road is if they let run the white line marker round the centre circle.