Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Morris for the first team

Seems like he''s constantly doing the businesses at youth level, perhaps he could be our berahino (on the field). If we go down, I expect him to at least be given games to impress next season.perhaps him and loza could be lethal!

I''ve been saying this about Morris since the youth cup run. lad has the power to cause problems for defenders and can clearly find the net which is more than out current strikers can!

Josh, and to a lesser extent, Jacob, have shown that even at their age the have plenty to offer. Loza seems to be doing well on loan.

I''m not sure whether Morris will be given another season in the U21 before being considered for bench of first team squad.He has a lot of attributes, including strength, but does he have much in the way of pace? He is younger than the Murphy lads, so still has time to develop.

Given that Loza and Jacob Murphy seem to be above Morris in the pecking order, and both failed to cut it in League 1, I''d say not a chance. There''s a massive gulf between youth and reserve football and Premier League football. Let''s not get carried away with him.

Loza is two years older & Murphy one year older than Morris so would be ahead in development. Morris does look a prospect, he has good touch decent pace & power but will need time to develop. Certainly having seen him in the recent under 21 games he looked a class act. Can''t see him getting a game at present but next year bench or loan at lower league would be possible

[quote user="splutcho"]Given that Loza and Jacob Murphy seem to be above Morris in the pecking order, and both failed to cut it in League 1, I''d say not a chance. There''s a massive gulf between youth and reserve football and Premier League football. Let''s not get carried away with him.[/quote]

I thought Loza was doing well?

At League 2 Southend he is/was (I haven''t followed him for a couple of weeks). At both Leyton Orient and another team, Coventry perhaps, in league 1 he was sent back because he couldn''t get in either side.

Cody MacDonald is awesome at League 2 level. Even Jamie Cureton still bangs them in I believe. I dont think in terms of footballing ability Morris is anywhere near Premiership or Championship level, but he''s been built for mens football for well over a year, unlike the others who still look like boys. I think he has the physicality to play in the first team, and if his job were to be a target man in the way we tried to use Elmander, he could probably do a competent job.

I can imagine Morris'', much like the Murphys and Loza, career developing in a similar manner to Jordan Rhodes'' did if they are to be successful. That means a successful stint in League Two before they''re 21, and reaching upper Championship/lower Premiership standards by the age of 23 or 24.Hopefully, unlike Rhodes, this process can be held in its entirety whilst they remain contractually bound to the club and facilitated by a series of loans rather than transfers.

Am I imaging things but we seem to have one best crop of youngsters ever. If we can hang onto our PL status for one more season with the current squad then they could be ripe to gradually introduce.

OR is this the Jarvis syndrome,

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Am I imaging things but we seem to have one best crop of youngsters ever. If we can hang onto our PL status for one more season with the current squad then they could be ripe to gradually introduce.

[/quote]No, they are genuinely a good crop, beating the multi million pound Chelsea youth team proved that.Its been a long time since we have seen a youth product make the youth team!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]No, they are genuinely a good crop, beating the multi million pound Chelsea youth team proved that.Its been a long time since we have seen a youth product make the youth team!

[/quote]*First team.

I do believe that if they were at any other club they would have got more games , everton always push their youth player so do Southampton seems that for some reason we don''t play youth players as much I am a great believer say if your 1st team left back is injured and also the reserve you should play a youth team left back in the role instead of a reserve rightback ! also with our strikers not scoring for weeks what harm would it have done to try one of these boys up front who knows what would happen ,I think we could of played murphy more this season never let us down when played also people say well he didn''t play well against x y z in first half well RVW has not played well all season whats the difference ?