Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Are we going to finish bottom?

[quote user="JF"]If Sunderland have taken 3 points at Chelsea then why can''t we take 3 points tomorrow? Or at Old Trafford? [/quote]Because we won''t. We''ve been a rabbit in the headlights all season, we failed to win the "easier" games, we failed to grasp the nettle & get rid of Hughton months ago while there was still a chance of survival and we all know deep down that for us, miracles are not gonna happen.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="sgncfc"]Quite possibly. Already looking forward to the Championship, but will enjoy our last knockings in the PL for a few years.

No complaints, no white flag. I think we''ll fight hard now but the damage was done by Hughton.

Don''t care - I''ve got my club back.[/quote]The damage was done in losing to Fulham and WBA. Even draws would have given us a good chance. The other teams are winning the totally unexpected game while we can''t even win the expected ones.It will require something miraculous to survive now and I just don''t see it happening.[/quote]It will indeed take a miracle Ricardo but I can''t agree that the damage was done on the pitch over the last two games.If the Board had had the b*lls to change things before Christmas we

surely wouldn''t have been any worse off and would more likely have been better off.
At least in the Championship we''ll be solvent and might even manage to string a win or three together there somewhere. We''ve almost forgotten what it''s like to win this year....

[/quote]To be fair, you have no actual way of knowing that.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="sgncfc"]Quite possibly. Already looking forward to the Championship, but will enjoy our last knockings in the PL for a few years.

No complaints, no white flag. I think we''ll fight hard now but the damage was done by Hughton.

Don''t care - I''ve got my club back.[/quote]The damage was done in losing to Fulham and WBA. Even draws would have given us a good chance. The other teams are winning the totally unexpected game while we can''t even win the expected ones.It will require something miraculous to survive now and I just don''t see it happening.[/quote]It will indeed take a miracle Ricardo but I can''t agree that the damage was done on the pitch over the last two games.If the Board had had the b*lls to change things before Christmas we surely wouldn''t have been any worse off and would more likely have been better off. At least in the Championship we''ll be solvent and might even manage to string a win or three together there somewhere. We''ve almost forgotten what it''s like to win this year....

[/quote]Impossible to say if changing would have made a difference. As I said months ago, some who changed will stay up just as some that didn''t will stay up and the same for those that go down. We only have to look at Palace and West Ham to see both sides of that coin. Our failure has been in losing to our rivals, Cardiff after being one up, West Ham after being well on top. WBA and Fulham shouldn''t have yielded nil points. Losing those six pointers has altered the picture completely. Had we even drawn those games the picture looks entirely different.Even if we pick up a win against the big boys it won''t be as valuable as denying our rivals any points in the process. I always hope for the best but IMO the combined set of results over the last 3 games has killed us.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="sgncfc"]Quite possibly. Already looking forward to the Championship, but will enjoy our last knockings in the PL for a few years. No complaints, no white flag. I think we''ll fight hard now but the damage was done by Hughton. Don''t care - I''ve got my club back.[/quote]

The damage was done in losing to Fulham and WBA. Even draws would have given us a good chance. The other teams are winning the totally unexpected game while we can''t even win the expected ones.

It will require something miraculous to survive now and I just don''t see it happening.
[/quote]

It will indeed take a miracle Ricardo but I can''t agree that the damage was done on the pitch over the last two games.

If the Board had had the b*lls to change things before Christmas we surely wouldn''t have been any worse off and would more likely have been better off. At least in the Championship we''ll be solvent and might even manage to string a win or three together there somewhere.

We''ve almost forgotten what it''s like to win this year....

[/quote]

To be fair, you have no actual way of knowing that.
[/quote]

Nor do you.[:|]

Making Plans wrote the following post at 19/04/2014 8:29 PM:

JF wrote:

If Sunderland have taken 3 points at Chelsea then why can''t we take 3 points tomorrow? Or at Old Trafford?

Because we won''t.

We''ve been a rabbit in the headlights all season, we failed to win the "easier" games, we failed to grasp the nettle & get rid of Hughton months ago while there was still a chance of survival and we all know deep down that for us, miracles are not gonna happen.

What a pathetic spineless whining individual you are.

Take the huge chip off your shoulder, breath, and get behind the boys.

Anything is possible.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="sgncfc"]Quite possibly. Already looking forward to the Championship, but will enjoy our last knockings in the PL for a few years. No complaints, no white flag. I think we''ll fight hard now but the damage was done by Hughton. Don''t care - I''ve got my club back.[/quote]The damage was done in losing to Fulham and WBA. Even draws would have given us a good chance. The other teams are winning the totally unexpected game while we can''t even win the expected ones.It will require something miraculous to survive now and I just don''t see it happening.[/quote]It will indeed take a miracle Ricardo but I can''t agree that the damage was done on the pitch over the last two games.If the Board had had the b*lls to change things before Christmas we surely wouldn''t have been any worse off and would more likely have been better off. At least in the Championship we''ll be solvent and might even manage to string a win or three together there somewhere. We''ve almost forgotten what it''s like to win this year....

[/quote]To be fair, you have no actual way of knowing that.[/quote]

Nor do you.[:|]

[/quote]I didn''t say I did.What is your point?

As soon as we lost to Fulham I thought we''d be in with a shot for 20th place.Probably our rightful position really, how can we claim to deserve to be above Fulham and Cardiff if we couldn''t beat them this season? Think we got 1 point off the pair of them.

[quote user="ricardo"]We only have to look at Palace and West Ham to see both sides of that coin. Our failure has been in losing to our rivals, Cardiff after being one up, West Ham after being well on top. WBA and Fulham shouldn''t have yielded nil points. Losing those six pointers has altered the picture completely. Had we even drawn those games the picture looks entirely different.[/quote]Our inability to score goals during Hughton''s tenure will be our downfall.  Concentration on the defense last season reaped benefits after Lambert''s more attacking approach.  Hughton''s continued focus on not conceding, resulting in yet more defensive players signed in January, and more defensive tactics, when our goal scoring was the real problem could cost us our place in the top flight.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]But we have got points off the bigger teams[/quote]In the earlier fixtures this season against the 4 teams we still have to play, our record isPlayed 4Won 0Drawn 0Lost 4Points 0Goals for - 3Goals against 13And that excludes being thumped 4-0 away to Man U in the League Cup who were arguably worse both times we''ve played them & they are now.And of the other "bigger teams", we''ve had a point and a 7-0 thrashing against Man C, a point and defeat against Everton & 3 points and a defeat against Spurs.So adding all that up, our record this season against "bigger teams" is not that great.

I predicted in January that if we didn''t sign a player that could make a difference to our attack, we would go down. As things stand I take absolutely no pleasure in (so far) being right.

However I would expect every one of us to stand up and try shout our team over the line until the final moment we are literally, irrevocably relegated.

''''Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on''''

Our record against the top 7 teams is terrible this season, far far worse than it was last season, and worse than it was in Lamberts season.We can''t keep referring to the 10 game unbeaten run to give us hope, that is almost ancient history now and we don''t even have the same squad.

[quote user="Jenkins"]

Anything is possible.[/quote]Please tell me what difference it would make to the next 4 results should I "get behind the boys" or not.And how best should I "get behind the boys" given that I won''t be at any of the games, I won''t be communicating with any of them directly  before, during or after any of those games and they''re highly unlikely to be reading my views on this forum.If anything is possible then what I think will make absolutely no difference at all.

There was nothing in Sunderlands form to suggest anything other than a heavy defeat at Chelsea and how did that pan out? The thing about predicting the future is it''s unpredictable, we all know what should happen but maybe luck will be on our side.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I actually think we''re going to fill all three places...

[/quote]

However you are a fantasist so no surprises there.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Jenkins"]

Anything is possible.[/quote]Please tell me what difference it would make to the next 4 results should I "get behind the boys" or not.And how best should I "get behind the boys" given that I won''t be at any of the games, I won''t be communicating with any of them directly  before, during or after any of those games and they''re highly unlikely to be reading my views on this forum.If anything is possible then what I think will make absolutely no difference at all.[/quote]Perhaps go to one or more of the games?

Making Plans. " I won''t be at any of the games"

You won''t be missed! Rest Assured.

We need proper supporters at the games from now on, not Tenna Men!

[quote user="morty"]Perhaps go to one or more of the games?[/quote]Difficult when I''m in Portugal for the next month but I guess that that wouldn''t stop you, or proper supporters, flying back & forth every week, would it?[quote user="Jenkins"]We need proper supporters at the games from now on[/quote]Well I''m not exactly sure what a "a proper supporter" is, what he''s supposed to look like or what he''s supposed to think but probably on your reckoning, he definitely should be allowed a mind of of his own. Personally, I''ve followed NCFC since my first game in 1957 and I''ve done more than my fair share of supporting them through thick & thin so I don''t really need anyone telling me that I''m not a proper supporter.Nobody wants us to get out of this mess more than me but that doesn''t stop me having my own views on the situation. And at the moment, my view is that we won''t get out of this mess.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]Perhaps go to one or more of the games?[/quote]Difficult when I''m in Portugal for the next month but I guess that that wouldn''t stop you, or proper supporters, flying back & forth every week, would it?[quote user="Jenkins"]We need proper supporters at the games from now on[/quote]Well I''m not exactly sure what a "a proper supporter" is, what he''s supposed to look like or what he''s supposed to think but probably on your reckoning, he definitely should be allowed a mind of of his own. Personally, I''ve followed NCFC since my first game in 1957 and I''ve done more than my fair share of supporting them through thick & thin so I don''t really need anyone telling me that I''m not a proper supporter.Nobody wants us to get out of this mess more than me but that doesn''t stop me having my own views on the situation. And at the moment, my view is that we won''t get out of this mess.[/quote]Touchy much? It was only a suggestion.

But personally, I flew back from Africa yesterday, and I am going to every remaining game.[;)]

[quote user="morty"]But personally, I flew back from Africa yesterday, and I am going to every remaining game.[;)][/quote]So you haven''t been to any recently then. You''re not a proper supporter either.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 2014-04-19 11:13 PM:

yes...yes we are

....and then blame it on Hughton

Of course Hughton is to blame, followed by an inept board who kept him in situ far too long!

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]But personally, I flew back from Africa yesterday, and I am going to every remaining game.[;)][/quote]So you haven''t been to any recently then. You''re not a proper supporter either.[/quote]I''ll be there when my team needs me, home and away.[:)]

[quote user="Crafty Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I actually think we''re going to fill all three places...

[/quote]

However you are a fantasist so no surprises there.[/quote]

There ya go Doc, fixed it for you[Y]

I saw this and I thought of your continual failed attempts at using the quote facility...

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]But personally, I flew back from Africa yesterday, and I am going to every remaining game.[;)][/quote]So you haven''t been to any recently then. You''re not a proper supporter either.[/quote]

Are either of you going tomorrow[:^)]

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]I''ll be there when my team needs me, home and away.[/quote]So you''ve been to every game then.Thought not.[/quote]You''re right, you''re such a better fan than me[:(]