Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Are we going to finish bottom?

Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . . wrote the following post at 19/04/2014 7:12 PM:

Looking increasingly possible.

See you tomorrow waving the old white flag.

If we do, those that have said that we were the worst team in the league all season will have been proved right.

We were on course to stay up until we sacked the manager..

Paul''s Ferry - If we do, those that have said that we were the worst team in the league all season will have been proved right.

We were on course to stay up until we sacked the manager..
---------------------------------------------------------
What a silly comment. Judging by that angle, then we are still on course to stay up.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Adams has a 100% loss record....harsh but true[/quote]Even Hughtons record was better[;)]

Quite possibly. Already looking forward to the Championship, but will enjoy our last knockings in the PL for a few years.

No complaints, no white flag. I think we''ll fight hard now but the damage was done by Hughton.

Don''t care - I''ve got my club back.

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]

We were on course to stay up until we sacked the manager..[/quote]The frustration i''ll feel when dumb arse pundits come out with nonsense like that, and that "Hughton had us outside of the relegation zone before he was sacked and Adam''s took over", and the like... I may just spontaneuosly combust.Indeed i hope as much so i won''t have to suffer the pile of such diatribe that is likely to flow after the season ends.

[quote user="sgncfc"]Quite possibly. Already looking forward to the Championship, but will enjoy our last knockings in the PL for a few years.

No complaints, no white flag. I think we''ll fight hard now but the damage was done by Hughton.

Don''t care - I''ve got my club back.[/quote]The damage was done in losing to Fulham and WBA. Even draws would have given us a good chance. The other teams are winning the totally unexpected game while we can''t even win the expected ones.It will require something miraculous to survive now and I just don''t see it happening.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 19/04/2014 7:37 PM:

Adams has a 100% loss record....harsh but true

We should have stuck with Hughton.

[quote user="sgncfc"]Quite possibly. Already looking forward to the Championship, but will enjoy our last knockings in the PL for a few years.

Don''t care - I''ve got my club back.[/quote]The damage was done by the board''s ''head in the sand'' attitude shared by so many on this board. They had the power to stop the inevitable, they didn''t. How exactly have you got your club back? When i last looked the club was still in the hands of the same incompetent owners that have had their stranglehold on it for the best part of 20 years. What possible reason is there to believe that the next managerial appointment won''t be another complete disaster? After all, they have got a fair bit of previous..........

Jenkins wrote the following post at 19/04/2014 7:50 PM:

We should have stuck with Hughton.

-------------------------------------------------

I knew you''d come around

As others have said it will be great to put this terrible insipid season to bed.The complacency and mismanagement of the club this season has been there for all to see. Alas we are getting what we deserve and it may well be a long time until i bother with match of the day again

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="sgncfc"]Quite possibly. Already looking forward to the Championship, but will enjoy our last knockings in the PL for a few years.

Don''t care - I''ve got my club back.[/quote]The damage was done in losing to Fulham and WBA. Even draws would have given us a good chance. The other teams are winning the totally unexpected game while we can''t even win the expected ones.It will require something miraculous to survive now and I just don''t see it happening.[/quote]It will indeed take a miracle Ricardo but I can''t agree that the damage was done on the pitch over the last two games.If the Board had had the b*lls to change things before Christmas we surely wouldn''t have been any worse off and would more likely have been better off. At least in the Championship we''ll be solvent and might even manage to string a win or three together there somewhere. We''ve almost forgotten what it''s like to win this year....

[quote user="Jenkins"]Spineless the lot of them[/quote]

Huzzah! We''re not down yet.

If Sunderland have taken 3 points at Chelsea then why can''t we take 3 points tomorrow? Or at Old Trafford? Still 12 points to play for and as it stands we are not going down. All we can ask is that the team and the crowd put everything they have into the last 4 games, if we come up short then so be it, football will still be played here next season and being debt free should give us a fair shot at coming straight back up. I still believe we can do it, a win tomorrow and we are 5 clear with 3 games to go.