Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

this game shows why the change should have happened earlier

We havw Liverpool worried. If that had been wba or swansea we would have got points. Instead we had the gutless hughton whimper away more points and now it is too late.

Why do you think it''s too late now? There''s 3 games left, and we might only need 3 points. After this performance we could well get something from United and from Arsenal at home.

I''d say those 2 games were always more likely to provide points than this one, so I don''t think the situation is really much worse following this game.

Yes, it annoyed me when the sky commentator was saying it was an odd decision to sack Hughton when he had a record of getting results in key games.  Well, weren''t WBA, Swansea, Southampton, Stoke all key games ?  And we didn''t get the result we needed in any of them.

The last four fixtures were not a secret. If we had played like this all season we would not be struggling now imo.

This makes the decision to stick with CH all the more incredible.

Well played today under a much better motivator.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Have you seen us away from home?[/quote]
Different ball game with Neeyul at the helm of good ship Canary though.

Did you not watch the game today, especially the second half? We imposed ourselves all over this game.

Another week of proper training and we may be ready to do sameaway from home, too.

agreed mr smith, but how would the board know we wanted a change when herman,nutty,lakey start jerking of at the mere mention of chris super manager hughton. Lets not forget were a team that havnt spent a lot like palace and hull and they''re at the bottom also (I MUST OF HEARD THE MONEY ARGUEMENT OFF MONTY 10 TIMES THIS SEASON AT LEAST)

However id say today has shown what a decent manager could of done with our squad this season.... Also lets not forget the " adams what neil adams nooooo hes never done nothin" arguement. well hes 10 times the manager of coco that is plain to see. All in all mcnally and the cook have sunk us this season. no decent players in january to help us get over the line, leaving that muppet in charge til it was far to late have all contributed to us going down. so see ya mcnicey see ya delia, cos its time to sell your dolls house now to someone who KNOWS anything about football as between her and mcnally they have been blind stupid this season. But hey wtf''s it matter to them hey. Were all still going to be there next season GLORY supporting the great norwich city through thick and thin while their discussing what shape a football is and why theres an odd (25) number of players on the pitch. shambolic running of a club.

But Hughtons Norwich teams did often turn it on for big home games. Some of his best results came in them.

Wrong time to sack him, and when we lose the next three and finish bottom it will confirm it.

[quote user="Jonzey"]But Hughtons Norwich teams did often turn it on for big home games. Some of his best results came in them.

Wrong time to sack him, and when we lose the next three and finish bottom it will confirm it.[/quote]

.... and after the dross we have endured for the past two seasons... we STILL have deluded people in our midst! 

[quote user="Jonzey"]But Hughtons Norwich teams did often turn it on for big home games. Some of his best results came in them.

Wrong time to sack him, and when we lose the next three and finish bottom it will confirm it.[/quote]And when/if we lose the next three and finish bottom, it will because Hughton failed to get the required results throughout an entire season!Anyone can raise their game for a one off against the big guns, but we;ve failed abysmally all season against the teams around us, hence being in this predicament!

I don''t know how anyone can come to that conclusion, I mean actually think about it, How do you come to that conclusion...logically thinking, how?

Exactly what Salaam said. Add to that, because we gave our rivals so many points, several of them are no longer our rivals.

The wrongers kept saying we''re only 2 points off tenth but we never got those 2 points. Now were 12 points off tenth.

Are there still some people who are going to argue that despite all the evidence to the contrary, Hughton would have pulled 5 wins out of his a*se?

Do people really believe the last 5 games under Hughton would have been anything other than the same old capitulation and the same old excuses? I dont. We''d have lost against Fulham, been trounced against Liverpool, and lost both our away games (we might have got a point from Arsenal), and I use Hughtons previous results against these teams and record from the season as evidence. Why do people keep on believing that there was a turnaround on the cards? Where were the signs of this? Plenty of signs to the contrary

I think the point is we would have taken the game to the opposition - and importantly with the belief that we might win. It follows we would have accrued more points - it would have been difficult to accrue fewer. Ergo we would be playing in the PL next season.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Have you seen us away from home?[/quote]

Yeah but Jimmy, you''re acting like Hughton is still in charge. Do you remember what used to happen to us against Liverpool under Hughton? And today we gave them a proper game.

It''s unfair on Adams and the players to give up on them now, just because of hughton''s shambolic reign. They obviously haven''t, so we shouldn''t either.