Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Waaaayyyyyyyy better than any CH team played

Liverpool are fantastic, no shame in that performance. Liverpool are champions because elect not only are the a great team shako is allowed to kick people too, and that always helps in must win games.

Can''t help but agree with op, but I don''t think the views of other posters on this board have much to do with anything. I find it weird how people get targeted for having a point of veiw and showing optimism....

But for a shocking first 11 minutes and an embarrassing pass by a limited lower league midfielder, we''ve played the Premier League champions off the park today.

4-6 points out of the next 3 games, no worries.

Agreed. We can assign blame and wail and cry if we are relegated by the time we end the Arsenal game.

But before then we''ve got 3 games to play, and on the basis of the 2 games under Adams the players now actually believe they can beat United or Chelsea or Arsenal again, even if some of our fans are pathetic cry-babies who endlessly obsess over blame and have given up believing in their team.

Good job the players are the ones that can earn points and not the fans.

Crybabies? The only thing that counts in football are goals and points. We played well but didn''t get the vital thing: point(s)

Yes well done to Neil Adams and the team today, even though it was a defeat.......that was a cracking performance and right up there with the best we saw from both PL and CH, just not often enough with the latter......but whilst respecting your opinion SC it was not way better than any team CH played, you are just bitter and twisted.

We should''ve played like we did against Man City, the worst thing you against liverpool is give them enough space to pass around you. Shocking tactics in the first half.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]We should''ve played like we did against Man City, the worst thing you against liverpool is give them enough space to pass around you. Shocking tactics in the first half.[/quote]Yes indeed. How dare we set up positively and try and get at a visiting team from the off. We should have known our place in the Premier League pecking order, stuck 10 behind the ball and hoped for a nil-nil, because it has worked so very well the last three times we''ve played them. Oh...... wait a minute.

Todays performance had none of the inevitability of watching a Hughton team play. We fought hard, we attacked aggressively. We were generally aggressive and full of pride, something you rarely saw from the players under Hughton. I have to agree, feels like we have our club/team back again. Players look like they believe in themselves again and have some confidence, whereas under Hughton they looked like they felt they werent good enough.

We still lost, but for a change it wasnt a foregone conclusion and you felt we might be able to get back in the game. Under Hughton it never felt like that was possible, and when the opposition opened the scoring it felt like game over.

Onto Old Trafford - they dont like it up ''em!

Iwan''s Big Toe wrote the following post at 20/04/2014 2:42 PM:

Yes indeed. How dare we set up positively and try and get at a visiting team from the off.

------------------------------------

I think I was watching a different game to you. To me I thought we were terrible in the first half. Knowing that Liverpool are always better in the first half, then run out of steam in the second, statistically they''ve let more goals in after the 60th minute, surely you hold out and stay solid in the first half, and then play more expansive, attacking football in the secong, to me is a good plan...unless your Neil Adams or Ian Holloway I suppose. Its not a sense of ''knowing your place'' - its ''knowing your opposition'', Our opposition are the best in the league. You find their strengths and weaknesses to work in you favour. I apologise if you''re blind

Really good offensive display, it''s a shame we left it so late to get rid of him but I think Neil and the lads still have enough to repair the damage inflicted by CH.

Dont think there is much we could have done to stop Sterlings opener, just a magnificent solo effort. Once that goes in the dynamic of the game is changed. Have to admit that once Suarez''d movement did for one of our centrebacks yet again I thought the floodgates might open, as has happened so many times before. Instead we fought back and we never really out of the game once we pulled the first one back

Miggins - have you seen the teams that have conceded to liverpool in the early stages? Teams much better than us have done.

I''m sorry - but Hughton''s gone. And there''s much more optimism down at Carrow Road - I enjoyed the match today and applauded a losing team off the pitch because they left everything on it. Very VERY rarely saw that under Hughton.

"Todays performance had none of the inevitability of watching a Hughton team play"....................excuse me if I have missed something, but we were a goal down within 5 minutes and two down in 11 minutes and as is pointed out having clearly adopted the wrong tactics against a Liverpool side who ALWAYS start like a train. Of course though, loads of credit for the response and attitude after that....and I too feel we could well get something from Old Trafford this time with the right attitude and tactics.     

Completely agree Miggins. We started really badly. We grew un to the game. It was as good a performance as Man U, Man City and Spurs earlier this season. But its just wrong to say we didnt have performances like that under Hughton.

That said, it was an excellent performance where the lack of quality just told in the end. If we play like that at OT we may just get something. The ref screwed us over completely too. How he didnt give that foul on Snoddy at the end. Thats amongst the worst decisions ive ever seen!!

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Iwan''s Big Toe wrote the following post at 20/04/2014 2:42 PM:

Yes indeed. How dare we set up positively and try and get at a visiting team from the off.

------------------------------------

I think I was watching a different game to you. To me I thought we were terrible in the first half. Knowing that Liverpool are always better in the first half, then run out of steam in the second, statistically they''ve let more goals in after the 60th minute, surely you hold out and stay solid in the first half, and then play more expansive, attacking football in the secong, to me is a good plan...unless your Neil Adams or Ian Holloway I suppose. Its not a sense of ''knowing your place'' - its ''knowing your opposition'', Our opposition are the best in the league. You find their strengths and weaknesses to work in you favour. I apologise if you''re blind[/quote]

Miggins - don''t you think our players looked happier and more confident attacking more than defending though? We haven''t had much luck in the past sitting back and trying to hit Liverpool on the break, or trying to contain them. I think the performance bred confidence in the players and fans alike, and we got a hell of a lot closer to Liverpool than we have in a very long time. I''ve not heard carrow road sing that loudly for a while too, in that 2nd half.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]"Todays performance had none of the inevitability of watching a Hughton team play"....................excuse me if I have missed something, but we were a goal down within 5 minutes and two down in 11 minutes and as is pointed out having clearly adopted the wrong tactics against a Liverpool side who ALWAYS start like a train. Of course though, loads of credit for the response and attitude after that....and I too feel we could well get something from Old Trafford this time with the right attitude and tactics.     [/quote]

That was kind of my point. I worried that when we conceded early on that that was game-over and the floodgates would open - which was the inevitable feeling watching Hughtons side play. But we didnt capitulate and invite yet further attack. We fought back - something that rarely happened under Hughton. There was always a sense of hop in this game, as opposed to the feeling of hopelessness you had when Hughtons boys conceded

To those who say the 1st half was poor maybe it was but at least Adams had the nous and the motivational skills to change things for the better. Can anyone give me a single example of hapless doing this ? Ever ? The fact that Adams did it against a team who are sweeping all before them is even more impressive ...

[quote user="im spartacus"]To those who say the 1st half was poor maybe it was but at least Adams had the nous and the motivational skills to change things for the better. Can anyone give me a single example of hapless doing this ? Ever ? The fact that Adams did it against a team who are sweeping all before them is even more impressive ...[/quote]Todays game had similarities to West Ham at home this season, poor first half, much better performance in the second half. 

hogesar wrote the following post at 20/04/2014 3:21 PM:

Miggins - have you seen the teams that have conceded to liverpool in the early stages? Teams much better than us have done.

I''m sorry - but Hughton''s gone. And there''s much more optimism down at Carrow Road - I enjoyed the match today and applauded a losing team off the pitch because they left everything on it. Very VERY rarely saw that under Hughton.

-----------------------------------------

Hughton is gone....whats your point? I''m talking about the game.

If you insist on talking about him, here is my opinion; Hughton''s gone and there''s no point in saying what he would or wouldn''t do like a lot of you seem to say. Hughtons record here was pretty poor for a team wanting to be mid table. On one hand, he seemed to win the must win games and if you think back to last season when we needed to win those games at the end of the season,in those last 2 performances, the players showed just as much determination as today. On the other hand when looking at the facts, Our away record was extremely poor under him and against the big teams our record not at all to bad (it was down to not getting points against the lesser teams). When we lose to a big team, boy do we lose, but the other half of the times we''ve played them, we''ve done well. The only facts that you can say about this time, is that we don''t know what Hughton would have done; whether he would have lost every game, or won a couple against the big teams, the fact is you don''t know, so lets stop discussing that and not base an argument or opinion on it.

MancCanary wrote the following post at 20/04/2014 3:27 PM:

Miggins - don''t you think our players looked happier and more confident attacking more than defending though?

-----------------------------

I don''t really know what that means tbh. We had such a poor shape in the first half and tried to play more offensively when we know Liverpool are best in the first half and use all their energy (a bit like what we tried to do at Fulham). After being 2-0 down after 10 minutes because the tactics didn''t work (that is a broad statement, but there are many reasons why we played to liverpool''s strengths), we then have to chase the game and Liverpool with a 2-0 lead, knowing they don''t want to commit to many people forward as it may mean the title. We had to attack because we were 2-0 down. We tried to play too offensively without having a good shape in the first place if we lost the ball, you would''ve thought they would''ve practised the new shape in training but it didn''t look like it. no wonder he changed it at half time