Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Neil Adams - Some belief at last!

Have to thank Neil Adams for making me hate football this season just that little bit less.

Can you imagine if we went 2-0 down under Hughton? You wouldn''t have been able to blame most fans for walking out then and there. But his ability to mix things up in the second half caused Liverpool all kinds of problems and forced THEM into making changes. As Eadie said on Radio Norfolk - when did that last happen? Not this season, under Hughton.

I''ve defended Hughton because the most part he got us points when we desperately needed them but no one can deny how depressing most of the football was. The way he wanted us to play - the way we set up - we even lost the fan/player relationship in the end and atmosphere was suffering.

Now we lost today - and last week - they are facts you can''t get away from. But fans are confident going to United Away. Heh, imagine that? It''s a bit like the Lambert days when you know you''re going to at least give it a go and there''s a chance.

That inevitability has gone - the players look up for it - we''re more creative but still lacking that killer blow for the most part - but confidence should be rising and that should help.

OTBC

[quote user="hogesar"] But his ability to mix things up in the second half caused Liverpool all kinds of problems and forced THEM into making changes. As Eadie said on Radio Norfolk - when did that last happen? Not this season, under Hughton. [/quote]Chelsea at home this season, Jose said so himself.

And we scored twice! It would be great if we could show some of that defensive resolve we''ve seen on occasions (a few clean sheets this season...) and mix it with a bit more attacking nouse. Think we''ll need an upgrade on Johnson/Tettey for next season if we''re in the prem - someone who can put themselves about a bit but looks more comfortable on the ball....not sure who that is!

[quote user="Jenkins"]Spot on[/quote]Bravo Sir!And the magnitude of the change in belief, in such a short span of time! I truly believed that we could''ve leveled that game today and earned a point. Which is a heck of a lot different than what I believed two weeks ago. Not that I''m looking to coin a phrase, but it sure had an element of the swash-buckling, no fear days of Lambert!If this keeps up, then I say give Neal the job permanently.

what chelsea at home, when he bought Redmond on at 1-1 and we went on to lose 3-1. that sub changed the game. we lost

[quote user="Hopeless Hughton"]what chelsea at home, when he bought Redmond on at 1-1 and we went on to lose 3-1. that sub changed the game. we lost[/quote]If you don''t pay attention to the question you''ll never know when the answer is correct, you can live in ignorance but don''t try and drag the rest of us there.

Hughton didn''t trust the players and that reflected in performances on the pitch. They showed today what they are capable off, it''s just a crying shame the board couldn''t see what 99% of fans have seen for months. Had Adams or another manager had longer we probably would have been safe.