Sign in to follow this  
Funkee Homosapien

Malky meeting with the Norwich board today

It''d be nice for him if he could take us over as a premiership team with Cardiff in the championship. I think he''d be a great managerial appointment.

If it''s true then it''s very clumsy.

What a massive dis-incentive to Adams, the man given the task of getting this bunch of players ready enough to get us out of the present predicament.

Two points.

Firstly Broadstairs, it''s not clumsy at all. Adams knows the board have to prepare for the possibility of him not getting the results to get the job/maybe he knows he isn''t ready for a FT prem job etc etc etc. if Adams got upset because the board are looking at other options he clearly isn''t cut out for management because that kind of thing happens all the time.

And Jimmy why do you think Mackay would be a good appointment? Couple good results against the big teams, Hughton managed that. Against us Cardiff were so defensive and not even that good at it, we failed to score somehow despite a whole host of very good chances. I saw nothing from Cardiff in the PL under Mackay to suggest he''d be a good appointment.

Fair enough. I just think that the whole outfit should concentrate on one thing at the moment ie. survival with no distractions for Neil Adams.

The Summer break will be the best time to consider options and that will, of course. depend upon our status. 

Cardiff are a newly promoted side, therefore their sole aim should have been to stay in the league, something he was clearly going about pretty well with until his sacking. Don''t forget, there was all the rubbish for about a month before he did go that contributed to poor results too. He also did well in the cup with them. I think he''s a top manager and would do well here.

He knows our club, knows our fans and is pretty well respected in the football world. If we go down, name me one better candidate.

Even if Adams got us 3 points to keep us up i very much doubt he would get the job, far too inexperienced. Malky is the best man to get us up if we go down and stay up if we fluke survival.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Gunn... Adams... Malky...

who next? Huckerby? Bruce? Ted Macdougall?

are the board really that naive?

[/quote]Yes they most certainly are . Malky , we leap from one cringeworthy appointment to the next .

If this was true, which it isn''t, they wouldn''t be so stupid as to meet anywhere near Norfolk, let alone in Norfolk. Especially after our CE basically said it was Neil''s job if he did well enough.

For the record, I think Dave Mac has really lost his way.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]  I saw nothing from Cardiff in the PL under Mackay to suggest he''d be a good appointment.[/quote]

They weren''t even particularly good to watch in the Championship either tbf.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]  I saw nothing from Cardiff in the PL under Mackay to suggest he''d be a good appointment.[/quote]

They weren''t even particularly good to watch in the Championship either tbf.

[/quote]

Only able to escape champs through spending a large amount of cash,  and then spent far more than us on assembling a squad that will be relegated play dull defensive football having been completely tactically out-thought by our departed manager,  whose main criticism was tactical ineptitude.

Now - why would we want a manager worse than the one we have just sacked?

Pretty sure Adams already knows that he isn''t going to be the permanent manager, easy to read between the lines in the press conference where McNally said he was only part of the plan, and being deliberately coy about whether he is a temporary or permanent manager.I hope that Adams stays at the club though, maybe with a snazzy new job title and a pay rise, don''t want him heading off to become manager at Oldham or somewhere because he is an important part of the clubs fabric.

"Gunn... Adams... Malky..."How can you even attempt to link the three? This isn''t an episode of Have I Got News For You, where the odd one out is Freddie Starr because he hasn''t played for Norwich.Malky took over a skint relegation threatened Watford side and got them in the play-offs using their youth team, he then took Cardiff straight up, and yes so they had a bit of money but Leicester have had money for five or six years, and QPR have money and are not going up through the automatics.He then guided Cardiff to 12th before being sacked, and now they sit in 19th and are going back down. He has a good five years of managerial experience, a very successful five years, and you are comparing him with an overweight commercial manager who hadn''t been anywhere near a football pitch for 20 years and our youth team coach. Give it a break Jas FFS, if there is any reason why Malky would fail it is because he wouldn''t be given a chance by morons like you. Hughton got a season and a half before losing the majority of fans, Malky has more to his CV than Hughton, so he would deserve a chance too if appointed. 

----- ZippersLeftFoot---- Only able to escape champs through spending a large amount of cash, and then spent far more than us on assembling a squad that will be relegated play dull defensive football having been completely tactically out-thought by our departed manager,  whose main criticism was tactical ineptitude.

Actually Zipper, if Cardiff are relegated it is because they sacked Mackay and switched to free flowing attacking football without the players capable of pulling it off. Last time I looked, Cardiff grabbed a point at Carrow Road... If only our manager was capable of pulling off a few more away results maybe we wouldn''t be where we are now.

Mackay inherited a desperate Cardiff side, and with money, took them to the Play offs, a cup final, and a Championship title. No mean feat. Many clubs have attempted to buy their way out of the Championship only to fail miserably year on year.

Who would you have then?Because a relegated team lumbered with overpaid deadwood who will lose a lot of its talent is not an attractive proposition to any manager who could realistically expect to get a Premier League job. We are manager shopping as a Championship club now, not as a Premier League club, we won''t get much/any better than Malky.

Darren Eadie said if we get relegated he thinks Neil Lennon would still come here. Can''t see that myself. We are getting relegated and Malky seems one of the best options from where I sit.

We have had endless threads discussing the whys and wherefores of different candidates, but it is tough.    We had - on paper - the best candidate available last time in quite a lot of people''s opinion at the time - so any of the candidates mentioned - including Malkay don''t really isnspire.   It will take an inspired choice - such as Lambert was - to get our mojo working again.   Otherwise we might as well keep Adams. It worked for Stringer..........

It''s funny how we all have different views on various managers.

Why would Malky be such a bad appointment?

Funny that Malky took over from Rodgers, look where he is now! Right manager for the fight fit?

Let''s not forget, Malky is on par with Hughton when he took over here, promotion and some premiership experience.

Would he really be such a bad appointment if we go down? Also who the hell would want to take over now or if we go down, Lennon would not trade from a Champions League club to the English second division, also is he really any better than Malky?

I don''t think we have too many options at a level which would not be some sort of a gamble. Malky with Adams would not be that bad would it?

I would sincerely like to see us survive under Adams however, if we do not and the Board decides to appoint a New Manager I hope that we do not have another Gunn episode?

If we want to get promoted we need a manager with a track record of getting in the Championship play offs or winning automatic promotion.Malky is one. I can''t think of many others.

I personally think Malky would be the ideal candidate if we got relegated, I''m less sure otherwise. The simple fact is that he did a good job at Watford and Cardiff - taking them up after others failed, and is experienced: likening him to Gunn et al is way off the mark.

I think we''d all like to see a player who focusses on attacking. We might not be any more successful, but at least it would be more entertaining to watch. Id rather watch effective attacking and ineffective defending and games finishing 3-3 than the opposite. Attackning mentalities surely come naturally to ex attackers. In the way Hughtons focus was on defence as he was a defender, perhaps we should be targetting managers who used to be attackers (if they have to have played at all). Id class Neil Adams as an attacker so he''ll do fo me for now.