Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

I haven't seen the game, but...

That''s nailed it Bury, a huge improvement and excellent feeling around the ground. It''s what we have been waiting for for so long.

LDC I am not sure exactly why the question you ask has caused such a problem with some, honest and open request.

In answer to your request, I wasnt at the game but watched it live on tv, so you do get a slightly different perspective, so if you want a review from somebody who was at the game suggest you take a look at Ricardo''s report.

The CH performances you mention were both excellent performances in there own way, as was today''s regardless of what anyone thinks of CH or NA, it all depends on how bitter and twisted you are over CH or how in love you were with him as to how you see a game I guess.

The differences........for me were...... despite everyone knowing how Liverpool start games on fire, NA sent the team out today with the WRONG formation and tactics in the first half and risked an early tonking. However, he then impressed me by the way he changed things around and made tactical corrections, something that Liverpool''s manager picked up on in his interview..........the lack of which sometimes did frustrate me with CH as he always seemed very reluctant to change things around or take risks. The higher risk factor also showed in his choice of subs with no CB chosen, something I found a little scary, but not a big deal in the overall scope of things.

In addition, there was perhaps some improvement in the tempo we played in the second half, which was a huge improvement compared to the first half, and considering this was an in form Liverpool we also played the ball in to forward positions a little quicker than we had been doing more recently under CH, we were not dithering, which I think showed that the team has some belief right now despite losing again unfortunately.

It was the return of some belief, like at Fulham that was noticeable today........the body language all round the team was better than those last few weeks under CH and I am a little more encouraged that we may just get ourselves some points from the next three games.   

All you need to watch LDC, is the reaction of the crowd at the final whistle. Normally a defeat is met with a storm of booing but today when the players hung their heads and sank to their knees all you could hear from the crowd was "Yellows, Yellows". Even in defeat there was a sense of pride and togetherness that hasn''t been present for a long time. I think Chris Hughton tried his best for the club but the truth is that he was never able to get the players playing with the heart, energy and movement that we saw today.

Neil Adams was very naive in his starting lineup and formation of 4-1-2-1-2. It was far too open considering the opposition. The subs bench was also a tad baffling, with no central defender and only a single striker.Liverpool tore us a new one for 15 minutes and absolutely killed us, and rushed into a 2 goal lead.  Midway through the first half, Adams changed the tactics completely adopting more of a 4-5-1 and we really took the game to Liverpool.  In the second half we pushed further forward and really were unlucky not to score as Liverpool defended like heroes.  In the end we rewarded by the goal and back in the game.  Sadly BJ gave the ball away with a poor pass and Liverpool scored following a massive deflection off BJ who had got back to make the block.Norwich were not put off by this setback and got on to scoring again, and were rewarded again with a goal. After this RvW had an amazing chance to score with a free header from 2 yards out, but nodded it right at the keeper who made the save.What was the difference between this game and a Hughton performance, we went behind, but actually gave them a real game.  We pushed players forward, at one point even Ruddy went up front!  We attacked with pace, directly and had ideas up front. We mixed up our attacking.In the end, it was a breath of fresh air, but still Adam''s lack of experience was shown up in the starting lineup which ultimately cost us the game.  That alone showed why this appointment was too late.

LDC - The game was passionate and entertaining, the players showed fight, character and expressed themselves.

And most importantly, we attacked with intent.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Neil Adams was very naive in his starting lineup and formation of 4-1-2-1-2. It was far too open considering the opposition. The subs bench was also a tad baffling, with no central defender and only a single striker.[/quote]Ryan Bennett?

Was RVW header really 2 yards out!? I was in the other end and it was hard to see what the chance was like, looked like he got a header in from 12 yards that the keeper saved. Anyone care to elaborate?

[quote user="JF"]Was RVW header really 2 yards out!? I was in the other end and it was hard to see what the chance was like, looked like he got a header in from 12 yards that the keeper saved. Anyone care to elaborate?[/quote]It was 6 or 7 yards out and he did the right thing heading it down but Mignolet anticipated and got down very well. One will go in soon.

We have been saying that for quite a while though. Like i''ve said before, He''s a fantastic player, he does need to show it though.

Ricardo''s report should give you a better idea of how the game went LDC.
http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3106462/ShowPost.aspx
For the record, I thought it was a top performance and we were unlucky not to come away with a point tbh.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Neil Adams was very naive in his starting lineup and formation of 4-1-2-1-2. It was far too open considering the opposition. The subs bench was also a tad baffling, with no central defender and only a single striker.[/quote]Ryan Bennett?[/quote]Good point, as for RvW''s header, what is it, 3 feet to a yard, so maybe it was 4 or 5 yards out.  He got it on target, but it was right at the goalie.

Obviously the only reason for all the abuse is because of who made the OP, so to answer the reasonable question...

It was definitely as good a performance as the draw with Man City (where we had chances to win) in that you never believed we were totally out of it, and we always looked like we could score, so obviously better than Hughton''s sides in that respect.

Adams got the initial formation horribly wrong, but in his defense, he changed it the second it was clear it wasn''t working and we went to a 4 2 3 1 rather than a diamond. As a side note, I hope that shut people up that appear to think playing two strikers is instantly more attacking.